Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By fyrstormer
  • 1 Post By Mukice
  • 3 Post By fyrstormer

T-Maxx electric conversion kit

Old 04-01-2023, 12:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default T-Maxx electric conversion kit

Looking for a electric conversion kit for my T-Maxx that mounts to the existing nitro engine mount
Old 04-04-2023, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

there are a bunch of different ones on ebay
Old 04-05-2023, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eggbert
Looking for a electric conversion kit for my T-Maxx that mounts to the existing nitro engine mount
You would honestly be better off leaving the TMaxx as-is and finding an Emaxx. They were designed for the electric power from the ground up, with two possible motors and two batteries in a configuration that will leave the truck balanced.
Old 04-05-2023, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by shaveradam
You would honestly be better off leaving the TMaxx as-is and finding an Emaxx. They were designed for the electric power from the ground up, with two possible motors and two batteries in a configuration that will leave the truck balanced.
If that's the case then Traxxas, as usual, did a terrible job in designing the Emaxx as it was highly regarded as a piece of garbage powered by anything other that a brushed motor.

OP, go ahead and convert because the Emaxx will be no different/better as it's a very weak platform. Emaxx has been discontinued for awhile now and people seem to think it's a collectors item so they charge accordingly.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Normally I agree that converting a nitro RC to electric isn't worth the hassle, but the T-Maxx is a stronger platform than the E-Maxx was, and anyway T-Maxxes are so plentiful that you're not depriving anyone of the chance to own one if you convert yours to electric instead of selling it.

I bought one specifically to convert to electric and I'm pleased with the results. The motor mount I used is from How2RC and modified by me to mount the motor lower. The website is gone, but it looks like the guy who makes them is still selling them; just search for "how2rc" on eBay.

Build Complete: Another Traxxas T-Maxx

EDIT: How2RC apparently liked my idea enough to make the low-mount Titan 775 motor mount available to others. 😁 https://www.ebay.com/itm/256007082849
RaptorRidr660r likes this.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

fyrstormer I love this conversion, this is exactly what I want to do with my t maxx 2.5. Your builds look pristine! I was actually wondering if you can offer some advice, you seem to be the man in the know how.

I have converted my transmission to a 2 speed electric, forward and backwards but wanted to incorporate a slipper clutch on the spur. I can see your spur is smaller than the one that came with my t maxx and was wondering what clutch and spur setup you had and whether you could point me in the right direction.
fyrstormer likes this.
Old 02-06-2024, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mukice
fyrstormer I love this conversion, this is exactly what I want to do with my t maxx 2.5. Your builds look pristine! I was actually wondering if you can offer some advice, you seem to be the man in the know how.

I have converted my transmission to a 2 speed electric, forward and backwards but wanted to incorporate a slipper clutch on the spur. I can see your spur is smaller than the one that came with my t maxx and was wondering what clutch and spur setup you had and whether you could point me in the right direction.
Replace the entire transmission with the newer version from the T-Maxx 3.3. It uses a better forward/reverse engagement mechanism, it has a proper slipper clutch, it uses real brake pads instead of metal plates rubbing against a cheap fiberglass disc, and it uses an electronic system called OptiDrive to detect when it's safe to switch between forward and reverse. It's a drop-in replacement for the old T-Maxx 2.5 transmission, with the only mounting difference being that it uses 7 of the 8 screw holes to bolt onto the chassis.

More detail here: https://fyrstormer-rc.blogspot.com/2...-electric.html