Community
Wiki Posts
Search

looking for a nitro monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dracy69
i outsmart you PSO? were you proud of what you said and then i topped you?

no but ur giving traxxas credit wen u own so many hpi vehicles....
Old 04-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Originally Posted by dracy69
XTM originally made it on the x-factor (tamiya also on the txt-1). but not as well done as the revo, and were different kinds of trucks. the revo has very good suspension. and that extra travel will turn into droop (if i am correct the amount suspension moves when the truck is lifted up) making landings smotther and bottom outs less likely. which then translates into faster times. and better for bumpy tracks.
The Revo suspension is not copied from XTM or Tamiya (their suspensions are MT cantalever straite up & down push type suspension nothing like the Revo). The suspension on the Revo is copied from Formula-1 racing, Traxxas is the first rc manufacturer to incorparate this suspension in to a rc monster truck.

Last edited by mr-e-maxx; 04-21-2006 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
no but ur giving traxxas credit wen u own so many hpi vehicles....
omg...people dont get it...just because you have a certain brand of car doesnt mean you have to favor them or be on their side for every battle...
Old 04-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Originally Posted by speedracer008
omg...people dont get it...just because you have a certain brand of car doesnt mean you have to favor them or be on their side for every battle...

Well put speedracer008, but some people just don't understand that this hobby is about having fun and not about putting down everyother rc out there but their own.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedracer008
its like u...ur american and u help the arabs bomb the usa ....
Old 04-21-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
go on kids...
im just watching, ignore me.

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
i was lookin at that but its a lot of money, its not a kit and my lhs doesnt have that many parts for it.
If you were looking for a kit, the Savage 4.6 SS and the TNX might be your only choices. For racing, the TNX would be better (I believe Tamiya is coming out with another "evolution" of this kit, it's supposed to be stronger), and the Savage would be the choice for bashing.

I'm not being biased to either one, I had a Revo.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
its like u...ur american and u help the arabs bomb the usa ....
now what dis?
im just watching here. nothing what so ever connected, ok.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

The Revo will out handle any savage you can throw at it. The only thing a savge is good for is bashing and it's hard as hell to work on. I've been doing this for 15 yrs and the savage is the hardest truck to work on.

As for what to get, it's been said a few times, get what your lhs supports and what everybody else has, that way you can share tips/tricks and other info. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
now what dis?
im just watching here. nothing what so ever connected, ok.

LMAO!

the savage is ssoooooo easy to work on man...apart from the diffs lol..
Old 04-23-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

Don't forget about the tranny. You have to almost fully disassemble the truck.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up savage tranny

yeah you're right ,but before you touch the savage trans.,you probably BURN HUNDRED GALLONS OF NITRO FUEL,got to remember that savage transmission is the tough one/d bst out there ..........savage driver/owner
Old 04-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

with the savage x , its only six screws to access the tranny. its extremely easy. same thing with the diff......just six screws.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by svagedrv31
yeah you're right ,but before you touch the savage trans.,you probably BURN HUNDRED GALLONS OF NITRO FUEL,got to remember that savage transmission is the tough one/d bst out there ..........savage driver/owner
Had to pull mine out after 1/2 gallon, because a screw came loose inside the tranny and ate it to hell.

The moral of the story is, yes the Savage is tough, most trucks can take a beating though, and NONE of them is indestructible.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

UPDATE

i changed my mind about getting the savage, im not, but its still possible. im still lookin for a good truck. one of the kids i work with is getting the revo, ill see if i can try his out and someone i race with is getting the lst2 so im still lookin for a mt. keep it comin,

o and i just made this thread because i wanted to find out about witch trucks are good and here from the guys who race them and do all kinds of s^^t with them, i didnt ask for everybody to start arguing about other trucks or downtalking others and all of that garbage.

lastly- forget what i said in the begginning about the kit part, i dont really want to put all of my one shit in it and end up costing me more than it has to
Old 04-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
i changed my mind about getting the savage, im not, but its still possible. im still lookin for a good truck. one of the kids i work with is getting the revo, ill see if i can try his out and someone i race with is getting the lst2 so im still lookin for a mt. keep it comin
To be honest that may be the best scenario to take. See if some of the local racers have other MTs that will let you take them for a spin, you will not know what's best for you until you've driven them yourself. One thing I hate about "opinions on XXX car thread" is that everyone is going to suggest something that they have, or suggest something based on other's opinions or magazines. While that particular car may work for one person, doesn't mean it works for others.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.