Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xtm 457 .28 engine

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Rookie

xtm 457 .28 engine

Does anyone have the xtm 457 engine? It was a very fast engine! Now i have a problem. The Pull start broke. Of course where i purchased the engine, hobby people, they are out of the pullstarts and online there on back order. I would like to switch it to a ROTOSTART but i can't find the right backplate for it. I went to Ofna and ordered what they said was suppose to fit the XTM's and of course it does not. Can anyone help me?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

try towerhobbies or sumthing i aint realy familiar with the OFNA stuff..
Old 04-10-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb xtm

Originally Posted by makib
Does anyone have the xtm 457 engine? It was a very fast engine! Now i have a problem. The Pull start broke. Of course where i purchased the engine, hobby people, they are out of the pullstarts and online there on back order. I would like to switch it to a ROTOSTART but i can't find the right backplate for it. I went to Ofna and ordered what they said was suppose to fit the XTM's and of course it does not. Can anyone help me?
I know that there is a Hobby Shop in Edmonton that carries XTM I think it's the one on Argyll
Old 04-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

u can try looking at some different engines and see if that pullstart fits on for eg the the thunder tiger pullstarts work with AE and Force engines... u know wat i mean..or u can try looking at the TIGERDRIVE roto start systems...i think they come with a backplate and they come with diff colour caseings like blue red green yellow etc...so u can swap em over wen u got nothing to do
Old 04-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

You need a back plate from a mach .26 and the rotostart assebly. Works like a charm. I converted my 7-port 247. I never even pulled the starting cord, not even once

If your confused, go to c-n-craceway.com and post a message for Stavros and ask him. He will get you the part numbers you need.
Thanks,
brian