Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

1/8 KRATON 4WD EXtreme Bash Roller Speed Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Thanks. So 4082 or 4092 then if I were to get the EBX? I would just look for a stock 185a ESC out of a Kraton if possible. Something cheap and plug and play in any event..
Yeah 4082 for that "bit extra" you want, or the 4092 for a whole lot more. Keep it around the 1600kv mark and run an 18-20T pinion. That should do the trick
RCjuice has all them, either Hobbystar or Leopard

There is the Hexfly 6S (redcat racing) which seems to be ok from what I've seen. It's a 160amp ESC, and pretty much a re-branded Max6, but 6S only. It's cheap
Old 07-04-2020, 12:37 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks a lot.

I would not order from RC Juice, as it is in the US and I would get hit with Customs. Looks like a Leopard is about a €100.. I have a nearly new Robitronic Razer 2200kv, and an old MT4 G3 HW 150a ESC out of an MT4 G3, which would get me started... If I were to get the EBX I'd start with that and uprade down the road.. €700+ all at once ain't gonna' happen. And €500 for the kit ain't gonna' happen any time soon either, since I just bought the Kraton V4, and already need a spare and mod or two.... Just trying to get my head around various potential future options - so thanks..
Old 07-04-2020, 12:44 AM
Tech Addict

No problem

Honestly, if you already have the v4 Kraton, I wouldn't bother with the EXB. There's plenty of HD aftermarket upgrades already, plus I read that the upgrades on the EXB can be used on the earlier model Kratons anyway, so you could just buy them when you have the cash

I only just got the v4 Kraton myself, a day after I found out about the XBE. Surely there must be somewhere in Europe that imports/sells the M2C upgrades, and Leopard motor's??? a guy here in Australia does
Old 07-04-2020, 12:57 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, I could find that stuff.

But I'm not spending for M2C stuff.

I already got GPM alu chassis braces, which weren't too pricey. I used to be into nitro MTs and truggies a long time ago, and am very wary about modding - and the inevitable money pit it becomes*. I just want the truck to be solid. I'm not going to try to break any air records or-out-show-off the YT hotshots or anything..

* In my garage I have a race-ready Associated RC8T, an old SC8 and RC8B, an Ofna DM-1, an LST2, and a newly built Tamiya TRF801XT - all nitro.. In addition to countless spares, clutches, engines, pipes, tires, etc etc... It's ridiculous. I've been into planes for the last five years, and it was a godsend how cheap it was to go 100+mph... Cars are such neverending money-pits... So I'm pretty stubborn about trying to resist the urge to buy unnecessary stuff.

Still, I like the idea of this EBX. The problem I see is - according to my thinking - if I were to get one I would want to see the V4 as a potential future spare and backup parts supply. But of course that doesn't make sense. So you basically have two separate lines of parts..(great for Horizon of course.. ) I guess you could slowly upgrade a V4 to EBX spec, but part by part that gets so expensive that at some point it makes more sense to just say screw it and buy the EBX new. Which kind of ultimately means the V4 is basically obsolete in one fell swoop... At least partially. Who's going to want to continue to replace broken stuff with "normal" V4 parts? But just upgrading to EBX diffs would probably cost €100+... Kind of a pickle....
Old 07-04-2020, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

There's no need to upgrade as such anyway. When a part breaks, then replace it with an upgrade part

For my v4 Kraton I've got the m2c chassis and braces as I plan on trying some big jumps. If/when the shock towers bend, then I'll upgrade them to m2c
For my Talion all I got is GPM chassis braces as it will just be a general basher/speed truggy

I also bought the GPM suspension hangers for both, that's mainly just to add a bit of bling, and centre diffs for both

Old 07-21-2020, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone have the link for the new model?
Old 08-02-2020, 03:54 AM
Tech Champion

Looks like this thing has diff issues out of the box.. Couple threads over on the Arrma forum.

I have become very critical of Horizon over the years, and this kind of thing doesn't change that. That's criticism directed more at Horizon than Arrma though. Similar to what happened with Losi... Horizon just jacks prices up...

I'm happy with my V4 so far. But this thing coming out two weeks later was a bit annoying.. I like toughness. i may consider one somewhere down the line, though I consider it highly problematic that the V4 and EBX are essentially two different part lines, so nothing would really cross over...(in theory, sure, some stuff.. But upgrading the V4 to an EBX would cost a ridiculous fortune, and using V4 spares on the EBX wouldn't make sense.. Diffs, arms, braces, towers, etc...) Now though definitely not. Maybe if they sort the diff thing out %100. I wish the EBX were €100 cheaper and came as a kit...
Old 08-14-2020, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Just noticed that people are blowing rear diffs on 4s after only a few runs. Arrma is pretty good at fixing stuff, so would definitely wait for a v2.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm breaking things, but the diffs have held up on stock 6S power as long as you shim the rear diff correctly. If you're running big power, well then...
Old 08-15-2020, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC
I'm breaking things, but the diffs have held up on stock 6S power as long as you shim the rear diff correctly. If you're running big power, well then...
What shims are you using?
Old 08-16-2020, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stevenator128
What shims are you using?
How to shim your diffs: check your truck, every one is different

Old 08-19-2020, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there any reason why just installing the LSD plate setup in rear diff is bad idea?
Old 08-21-2020, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave_S
Is there any reason why just installing the LSD plate setup in rear diff is bad idea?
Truck doesn't turn as well when you're locking down the rear diff. 10k with LSD feels like 30-50k in the rear diff.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:59 AM
Tech Adept

What's the benefit of LSD in rear diff? Seems like they caused themselves unnecessary problems.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mosquito
What's the benefit of LSD in rear diff? Seems like they caused themselves unnecessary problems.
Additional friction in the diff so you can get the effect of thicker diff fluid without having to run thicker fluid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.