E-Maxx diff gears >

E-Maxx diff gears

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ray4624

E-Maxx diff gears

Old 03-20-2020, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default E-Maxx diff gears

I have a e-maxx brushless , but it seems I strip differential ring gears every 15 runs or so. Currently running 6s (17t pinion, stock spur), but I never get above 3/4 throttle and try to drive easy by never punching the throttle. Ran 4s mostly until they puffed but still had problems with those as well. I am running 50k diff fluid in front and rear. I checked my diff cases for cracks but they were fine. Should I go back with the traxxas ring gears and make sure to shim and fill my diffs or upgrade the gears/diff housing. I have looked at a few alum diff housings and some helical ring gears, but I am not sure if they would be any stronger. I know that helical would put more strain on the bearings, but are alot stronger than straight cut gears. Traxxas sells "upgraded" ring gears for 40$ but if they are made with the same pot metal it would be the same story. Just wondering if upgrades would be worth the money or just go back with properly set up stock diff and replace when needed.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

best bang for your buck is to buy the unitecrc 3d printed adapters and run LST/3xle diffs.
Youll need different drive cups for the center shafts and its probably best to go to cups and dog bones.
biglor likes this.