ESC problems?

Old 02-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Rookie

ESC problems?

alright guys im not sure what my problem is with my Stampede. My electronics are all new (well within 2 years) and none of them were really abused. heres my question. all my connections are good and all and im having one problem. my throttle will cut out at random. doesnt matter if the battery is fully charged or not. it usually goes for about 1 or 2 seconds and cuts out. i have to go no throttle for a sec and let the ESC reset and itll do it again, sometimes it will only chug real quick and wont even go for a second. my Tx batteries are low but i tried subbing in new ones and it didnt work. is this problem with my ESC? my ESC is a duratrax intellispeed auto forward (no rev). any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by TwistdPede; 02-26-2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Default bump

anyone?
Old 02-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

is that the "no limit" one? i had a duratrax ESC and it was doing that from the word go....... but worked fine each time i took it back to the store....... funny that.....

after two years you would be best to get a new ESC probably not a duratrax go for a name brand like Novak, LRP etc.

if your truck has twin motors and batteries you cant go past a Novak Super Duty ESC, i have one in my E-Zilla and it works great

if not then a LRP IPC Sport series esc would be a good choice.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRE96&P=7
I have one of these in my F-201 and have had one in my TA-04 and DF-02 buggy. they have never let me down and they are much better quality than duratrax.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the reply, i do believe i will be getting a new ESC, but i want to get a forward reverse... instead of just forward. also the main reason i posted this is because im wondering if it could be this or if it could be my Rx? and this is the

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAXT7&P=7
Old 02-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

if you are after one with reverse then try Nosram. they are owned by LRP and make essentialy the same products but with reverse and they are built to the same quality. I have a Nosram Dominator in my Tourer and have never had a problem with it

http://www.nosram.com