Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
homemade 1/10th monster truck with steel solid axles, proline devastator tires >

homemade 1/10th monster truck with steel solid axles, proline devastator tires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

homemade 1/10th monster truck with steel solid axles, proline devastator tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Congrats, killer video!

I think BS should focus more on such creative entries. It would make for a better product. These days all they do is posting press releases from the industry.

Last edited by xirton; 01-23-2019 at 01:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by werner sline
This is AWESOME! I'm glad that big squid recognized such a great project truck. Maybe some manufactures will take notice and hit you up for the rights to mass produce a truck like this. I would buy it in a heartbeat!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MaX-D

This is AWESOME! I'm glad that big squid recognized such a great project truck. Maybe some manufactures will take notice and hit you up for the rights to mass produce a truck like this. I would buy it in a heartbeat!
thank you ! in fact i had to get noticed by posting some comments on bigsquidsrc's FB page !

I doubt any manufacturer will produce my stuff : complicated steel parts are not easy to mass produce and only an approx 700 USD RTR would sell so i guess that mission impossible !!
Old 01-23-2019, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xirton
Congrats, killer video!

I think BS should focus more on such creative entries. It would make for a better product. These days all they do is posting press releases from the industry.
and bigsquidrc also puts transmitter in the mud !! lol !
Old 01-25-2019, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

This is a really nice build. My local track i use to race with closed down a while ago. I was thinking of selling all my rc equipment as I have never been much of a backyard basher, but I have to say with a truck like that it looks like a lot of fun. Nice work!
Old 01-26-2019, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jdunfee424
This is a really nice build. My local track i use to race with closed down a while ago. I was thinking of selling all my rc equipment as I have never been much of a backyard basher, but I have to say with a truck like that it looks like a lot of fun. Nice work!
thank you for the nice comment ! solid axles monster truck are unique RCs : they are challenging to drive and are a lot of fun even in a tight space ! simply because their axle love to bump of obstacles making them over react !

i'm glad that you liked it ! kyosho mad force is a good place to start if you ever wanted to step in !
Old 04-17-2019, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

preview of a future video : 1/10th homemade monster truck as MAX D !

https://youtu.be/rIBTFi3OOX0

Old 09-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very cool. Thank you. I have recently reentered the RC world at 45 after 27 years away from it. I loved the Clod, but it isnt practical and with today's technology I would hope there would be better out there. But there isnt much to choose from. So I have come to the conclusion that I will need to build my own solid axle monster truck. Do I use Clod axles, axial axles with center trans, etc etc etc..... so it is refreshing to see an actual build. And to see that your build can function so hardcore that I feel this type of build is a must. Definitely in my future plans.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Budki
Very cool. Thank you. I have recently reentered the RC world at 45 after 27 years away from it. I loved the Clod, but it isnt practical and with today's technology I would hope there would be better out there. But there isnt much to choose from. So I have come to the conclusion that I will need to build my own solid axle monster truck. Do I use Clod axles, axial axles with center trans, etc etc etc..... so it is refreshing to see an actual build. And to see that your build can function so hardcore that I feel this type of build is a must. Definitely in my future plans.
wow welcome back !!
yeah, same conclusion for me, i wanted something durable , so i used steel !

here more details, don't hesitate to ask me !

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hIpE78_n8nM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Budki and johnnydmd like this.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Dude this is the first time I've seen this post and I just read through every last bit of it. Freaking awesome job man, I wish I had the skill to take on a project like this.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ikpthegame
Dude this is the first time I've seen this post and I just read through every last bit of it. Freaking awesome job man, I wish I had the skill to take on a project like this.
thank you ! well, i'm not trained by any mean and learned everything myself !
i even learned arc welding for RCs !

my first homemade mat looked like that :

Budki likes this.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cool suspension idea!
Old 09-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnnydmd
Cool suspension idea!
thank you ! the cantilever suspension has many advantage : much suspension travel, protected shocks. but it doesn't look scale ! so later, i put the shocks in a regular position