Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ET48 Truggy to Monster Truck “Semi” Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ET48 Truggy to Monster Truck “Semi” Conversion

I have an ET48.2 Truggy. I don’t want to do an actual conversion to a MT410. However I do want to take it from a track car to a Basher. It has a Tekin RX8 /2000kv motor/esc combo. I put proline shockwave monster truck tires and dropped the pinion from 14T to 13T. I’m going to swap the center diff oil to 100K. What other quick and easy, free or low cost changes can I make to make it more of a monster truck Basher. Also, I’d like to put a monster truck body on their. Does it take any modifications to put the MT410 body on the ET48 setup? Or can anyone recommend a body?
Old 11-21-2019, 05:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Old thread, but I’m currently planning something similar. To answer this question for those googling around you have a couple options.

1.) Put a nitro Truggy body on it. It doesn’t require modifications and is bigger so it looks more truck ish. This is the cheapest option.

2.) Put MT410 shock towers on it. This enables you to put the Tekno MT410 body mount set on it so you can put the MT410 body in it. The only problem you’ll have here is that the Truggy chassis is longer than the MT Chassis. So the MT410 body may no longer fit. So you’ll want to look around for a longer body from another brand.

You can also check out the 17mm hex adapters and MT wheels at RC4WD.com. They will fit the Tekno and allow you to put monster truck tires on it.