Community
Wiki Posts
Search

restoring a classic T-Maxx 4910

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default restoring a classic T-Maxx 4910

Short story: I’m looking for a flywheel, clutch, clutch bell kit set for my new motor - "Truggy" .26 Mach® 2 with Pull/Spin Start (DYN0990). It’s going in a Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5 type of setup.

Long story:

I decided to get my ole t-maxx running again. I purchased my truck in 2000, so came with the .15 motor and was 1/10th scale. I had a ton of fun with this truck and I put a lot of money into it. I used the HardCore Racing .21 and 1/8th conversion kit and replaced every part with titanium or aluminum, and kit looks cool – although much heavier than stock. It ran good for many years, until a few bad crashes and then I blew up the OS .21 motor. I replaced that motor with a XTM .24, which ran ok for about 5 years or so. After years of sitting and not running, the motor is toast, locked up good. XTM went belly up so really hard to get parts for this motor. I have decided to give this old truck a new life and install a new motor.

I recently purchased the Dynamite "Truggy" .26 Mach® 2 with Pull/Spin Start (DYN0990). I thought the .28 was just too much power for my setup. This new .26 Mach 2 fits right in, no motor mount issues and clearance looks perfect. I would rather not re-use the flywheel, clutch, clutch bell, etc from the XTM setup, so I’m looking for recommendations on what to buy to complete this build. I basically need all parts that go on the front of this motor. .

In searching for the stock traxxas parts, some do come up. However I found this LRP Works Team 38mm Truggy Clutch Set w/13T Clutch Bell LRP37506. It comes with everything I need and it says it works with the Truggy .28 and .31 motors, but I’m hoping it will also work with the .26, and match up to my spur gear correctly. Anyone out there try this combo?

see attached picture of this kit. This site won't let me post url's until I have posted more.

I found two other options on Amazon, see attached pictures.

I've attached a picture of my truck from 2004, and it still had the OS .21 in it at that time.

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails restoring a classic T-Maxx 4910-truggy-kit.jpg   restoring a classic T-Maxx 4910-truggy-26-motor.png   restoring a classic T-Maxx 4910-amazonoption1.jpg   restoring a classic T-Maxx 4910-tmaxx2004.jpg