Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine for Production MT Class ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Engine for Production MT Class ?

Hi guys,

As i want to change my engine (Stock OS-Made .18 engine on my Tamiya TNX PRO) in about a month or so ... i was thinking on the CVR-X or the TZ-X ... but now this engines came to my mind :

1.- Team Orion WASP ENGINE 18 PRO (Side exhaust, STD shaft, Slide Carburator, Pull Start). 1.50ps power declared.

2.- Associated LRP Z.18S Pro Engine. 1.51ps power declared.

Do you think they are compared to the OS alternatives ?. The Team Orion is not on sale in USA, but i can buy it from Europe ... "i think" its a good alternative to the TZ what you think ?

thanks for your comments,
Old 02-06-2006, 11:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

Im not sure about the LRP Z.18s, but I did put a Orion Wasp .18 Pro in one of my Terra Crushers. It has good bottom and mid but nothing on the top end not like the TNX .18. I have a O.S. .18-CVRX in one of my TNX's and I like it alot, a little better the TNX .18. But if you need a lot more power I would recommed the O.S. .18-TM (I have one in one of my TNX's) the TZ is alittle over powering for a lot of tracks, but it gets better fuel comsumption than the TM.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr-e-maxx
Im not sure about the LRP Z.18s, but I did put a Orion Wasp .18 Pro in one of my Terra Crushers. It has good bottom and mid but nothing on the top end not like the TNX .18. I have a O.S. .18-CVRX in one of my TNX's and I like it alot, a little better the TNX .18. But if you need a lot more power I would recommed the O.S. .18-TM (I have one in one of my TNX's) the TZ is alittle over powering for a lot of tracks, but it gets better fuel comsumption than the TM.

Thanks MrEmaxx ... but ... the TM engine need mods right ?, cause its not standar crankshaft ...
Old 02-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hi guys,

As i want to change my engine (Stock OS-Made .18 engine on my Tamiya TNX PRO) in about a month or so ... i was thinking on the CVR-X or the TZ-X ... but now this engines came to my mind :

1.- Team Orion WASP ENGINE 18 PRO (Side exhaust, STD shaft, Slide Carburator, Pull Start). 1.50ps power declared.

2.- Associated LRP Z.18S Pro Engine. 1.51ps power declared.

Do you think they are compared to the OS alternatives ?. The Team Orion is not on sale in USA, but i can buy it from Europe ... "i think" its a good alternative to the TZ what you think ?

thanks for your comments,
A buddy of mine has a TNX and he has a CV-RX in his,dropped right in all of them should drop right in as long as you get the model with the proper shaft.

the cvr came about because of the work OS did with the motor that comes with the TNX,the TM is the next step and it is even quicker the TZ is an absolute missle for an .18.

the orion is made by a taiwan company that also makes team infinity and STS not high on my list when i speak of quality,go with the OS you will not be dissappointed the TZ is a little warmer than the TM but they are very close.

OS is known for thier ability to hold thier tune and with this new era of power they are putting out they absolutely scream

good luck
steven