Wiki Posts
Search

MN VTA Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I could not disagree more.
In racing there are some truths. Many will take a long time or may never fully appreciate them but they always apply.

There is always a better power plant.
given 20 of any motor and there is a better one. Same with battery. Those who want to find it eventually will. Racers are racer you can expect they will look for that edge.

Always a better mouse trap.
Yes even a older chassis can compete. Yes even late last year we saw tc4's at the top of the food chain.Reality is the newer chassis are built with a much better understanding of the tires/carpet/traction and have better ability to perform.

Driver ability.
Never ever forget there is always a better driver then you out there. Maybe today is your day, You can do no wrong. All the crashes miss you, your perfect in the apex, the car is quick. You win but like in all racing tommorow that may not be the case.

A driver performing well in good equipment generally excels. That's just a truth in racing. We try to minimize the variables but the realities are still there.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Race19s
Take our club races @ LSRCC, a 10 year old tc3 associated not only competes, but wins. Whereas in years past its been a Motor/Car chasing class. Food for thought
Cool to know that older setups can still be competitive. I would think that is part of the "spirit of VTA."

LSRCC races 25.5, correct? If so, do they allow Novak only?
Old 02-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrfoell
Cool to know that older setups can still be competitive. I would think that is part of the "spirit of VTA."

LSRCC races 25.5, correct? If so, do they allow Novak only?
We run USVTA rules, minus the driver figure.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ammdrew
I could not disagree more.
In racing there are some truths. Many will take a long time or may never fully appreciate them but they always apply.

There is always a better power plant.
given 20 of any motor and there is a better one. Same with battery. Those who want to find it eventually will. Racers are racer you can expect they will look for that edge.

Always a better mouse trap.
Yes even a older chassis can compete. Yes even late last year we saw tc4's at the top of the food chain.Reality is the newer chassis are built with a much better understanding of the tires/carpet/traction and have better ability to perform.

Driver ability.
Never ever forget there is always a better driver then you out there. Maybe today is your day, You can do no wrong. All the crashes miss you, your perfect in the apex, the car is quick. You win but like in all racing tommorow that may not be the case.

A driver performing well in good equipment generally excels. That's just a truth in racing. We try to minimize the variables but the realities are still there.
Thats the reason you choose to continue to run your 17.5 VTA. Im not knocking you for your choice, dont take it as that. But It is fact with USVTA rules there is not guys running out to get the next best motor or car. Im not saying its not out there. But at our club guys bought 1 of each and are having a good time.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I am just expressing reality.

You will never get a class that does not do that.
Yes you swapped motor weight speedo rules, and it swapped the results around some and currently seems very very equal.
But it will level out and become the same. It is not a reason to do anything at all.
Nothing is better or worse then anything else.
There just is no real equal in racing.. Even full spec will have some advantage someone will find it will just take time.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

I get that. But its also transparent. If someone wants to race their VTA elsewhere, they slap a driver figure in and are ready to go.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Very true Nick, Thunder Bay runs same USVTA rules and ours cars are right on the money with the guys from Duluth, very close competitive racing
Old 02-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I am looking to try VTA. I am looking for MMR spec motor, esc and an old used body. Let me know if you have any of these affordable pieces laying around that you want to part with.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obitherockstar
I am looking to try VTA. I am looking for MMR spec motor, esc and an old used body. Let me know if you have any of these affordable pieces laying around that you want to part with.
I have a race ready TC3 setup for MMR VTA, just add your radio gear. PM me if interested.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Tires & Wheels

Question about wheel track...

For those that run a 190mm chassis and 200mm body, how do you space out the wheel/tire combo? Do you run the 6mm offset wheels on all fours and put the 26mm tires on the fronts (would that even work)? Or do you just leave everything tucked in, inside the body?

The USVTA rules seem pretty particular about only running 26mm tires up front and 31mm tires in the rear.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The wheel and tire package are spec'd. 26 front 31 rear. So if your body is big it's just tucked under. But most of the listed vta bodies fit fairly nice.
Ps. Pm'd you about a motor and esc if you're still looking
Old 05-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Final drive numbers

Hi everyone. I'm working on a VTA to run at MMR and was wondering what final drive numbers are common for the track with the 1s 17.5. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

2.9ish-3.20 depending on your motor/batteries/driving style/temp after quals. Start around 3.2 and work your way down.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dwestlund
2.9ish-3.20 depending on your motor/batteries/driving style/temp after quals. Start around 3.2 and work your way down.
Thanks. I'm scrambling to get it finished. Not sure if I'll be ready for VTA by next Wednesday, but I'll be there to run at least one car.