Search

LSRCC New Years Rumble 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

only 5th wow race this year.

Recommend you cater to the close travelers. Largest class
in the cities MMR Club spec VTA.. repower, rebattery, sedan speed is entirely a different animal.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

The key point of your statement to look at is it is the biggest class in THE CITIES, and we haven't seen any of those racers up here this year. If the clubs VTA racers want to make the switch and we can lure a few more from other tracks to our race it's all good. If nobody else comes to our race we still have our cars it's still all good. In the past we have heard that we could get more VTA's if we ran the standard rules. Just something we are kicking around. So far all but 3 have committed, 2 of the 3 show interest, the last we still have to talk to.

WOW is not when and where the State Champs started, just where it is now.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by G the Menace
Ya baby, MN On Road State Champs! Definitely the longest running on road race in the state. Cant wait, with the date change for the car show I don't have to take time off from work for the first time, SWEET! The LSRCC club is also talking about going to USVTA rules for the VTA class now that we are running this class regularly and are having good turnouts. We are thinking it might help get some out-of-towners to come to our race if we are in-line with the rest of the country.
Good idea! Running the same rules for classes as other places, especially wiht VTA, opens up more travelling opportunities for racers so race and not be "out to lunch" on setup.

Sorry I missed the race, will be there for WOW for sure!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had a great time this weekend. Thanks to gary and all the others that helped put in a great race!

As for vta was great racing with you guys! The cost of a motor is minimal considering the travel costs and I would consider nd race too so count me in if a group buy is put together. May be worth getting a preregistration going to see if the numbers of the current vta are going to be better then this last weekend from the out of towners.... If the switch is made for this season maybe the club could buy a few and rent them? Could be a good test for a motor for the spec truck class.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wish I could have made this race but with my work schedule I don't know what I'm doing.
As for the VTA hope it dose not go the way of the rubber sedan.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'll race whatever. I just need to know now
Old 01-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
Thanks to everyone who made the trip for this race!! It was an absoulte blast! Thanks to all of the Canadians that came down and all of the guys from TCORC, Klick, bub and bangle. There were only 70 entries but the fun level exceeded the number for sure. The racing was awesome from top to bottom. Hope to see you all at Minnesotas longest running onroad race at the DECC in march. THE MINNESOTA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
+1
Old 01-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Mn Racing

I will be back to LSRCC! Great club and I love your carpet up there!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wishing I could have one of those pulled pork sandwiches again
Old 01-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Just so I know, are you talking a 25.5/2s
Old 01-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joezjr
Just so I know, are you talking a 25.5/2s
Yep, 25.5/2s
Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We are thinking it might help get some out-of-towners to come to our race if we are in-line with the rest of the country. (Quote)
Don't get me wrong, I love running the MMR VTA, but I just think it's outdated, we've run it for a few years now and we are still the only vestige in the country that runs it. I don't think it's catching on except here in the cities unfortunately. It would be totally different if the the whole country was running 1s 17.5's. The fact is They're Not. I'm in for 2S 25.5. But you should even go a little further than that and limit the battery to 5000mah too. I think that's what USVTA is doing, but I could be wrong.

As for rubber sedan, that's okay if there are only a few of us running here. At least I know for sure that I have the freedom to travel to ND, SD, IA, NE, CA, NY, CT, MA, and they race them there.