Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Richfield Racing!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 05:49 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

alright I'll make sure to call you when I know for sure yes or no. I sure hope it happens again. I know I can't make a wednesday night race. I would like to though. Anymore talk about paving an infield at hideaway?

Jon
Old 05-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

the bid is 12000.00 to put the pavement down.. leeroy would like some sort of commitment we would race.. beyond me.. ha ha .. I had tried the pay your entry deal with not very good response from our local guys. the best bet now is the oval racing deal of racer x builds and he can see how many show and how many of us there are... because even at 20 dollar entries it takes a bit to recoupe 12000....

so that is were it stands.. there is discussion on building it with a national event already slated to race on it, as it is already a well established track, or something on those lines.. so that is were it stands.. so working, or in the woeks, or so on.. the idea came from somewere else this year, so maybe with enough people stoping in and saying hey this is great sure would be nice if you had a ... maybe it can happen..

If you come down this weekend.. saturday night we race the f1's and the quarters.. come check it out.. we start around 6:00 racing that is.. i would be willing to let you put a few laps around with the f1..
Old 05-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

that's temping. I was planning on only Sunday but we'll see who's going to come with me and whatnot... anyway. We'll see how the week goes. Talk to you later.

Jon
Old 05-27-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I bought a nTC3 and OS TR12. From what Dan said at the whorehouse, there will be racing this Sunday at Richfield.... But if someone could get in touch with Shawn, or Gordy (I think that's the TSI owner, right?) or whoever needs to be contacted to make sure there's still going to be a track, that'd be great.... I wouldn't be too happy to show up Sunday wanting to race my sedan for the first time and not have a track... I personally am more than willing to help with the track setup, but I won't commit to any more than that (not yet at least, gotta get used to this outdoor/nitro stuff). Reguardless of what happens, I'm looking forward to racing with you guys.

-Jeff Choban
Old 05-28-2003, 06:27 AM
Company Representative

ther is wed nights also if sundays do not happen, my understanding from everyone is last weekend and the one before there was going to be racing???????
Old 05-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Seems pretty hit or miss lately.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hello Everyone..

Sorry guys but I have been really busy.. Gordy was supposed to have the track available on Sunday, but from what I have heard it was not there. Dan is going to arrange with gordy to get the trailer so we can race this weekend. I know there has been allot of frustration surrounding Sundays but please be patient. If you have issues that you would like to vioce go ahead and vioce them I just cannot comment, and to be honest I am really burned out on racing so if thier are any volenteers that would like to run races and pocket 50 % of the race fees. I would be more then happy to hand off the reins.
Sincerely,
Shawn
Old 05-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

whats all involved?
Old 05-29-2003, 06:31 PM
Company Representative

yea it becomes a pretty huge involvment to be the race organiser, director etc... plus to handle scoring and counting by hand... can not blame you for being a bit burned out...
Old 05-29-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Boy I can sympathize with you Shawn, this hobby has a funny way of doing that to people. Well with luck someone else will step to the plate and help out. If I didn't put in as much time at TCHR, each week I would be willing to help out. But Sundays are for walks, or cycle rides with the wife.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Until you yourself set up and run races you have no idea how much it can take out of you. Hand counting just adds to the amount of work. It is not an easy task, good luck, I know alot of gas sedans look forward to having a place to race.... Any one that complains, just have them do it for a wek or two, they will have a whole new perspective on the hobby/sport.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

And it especially sucks when you want to race, but have to spend all your time at the computer. If you break something you are basically done, because you don't have any time to work on your stuff. And then there is practice time, working on setups, etc. Throw all that out the window, because you just don't have time. And all You wanted to do was have fun racing. But of course if you don't do it then there is no race. Believe me, Shawn, I understand what you are going through.
Old 05-30-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, I know I don't know everyone who races at Richfield yet, but I'd be more than willing to do what I can to help. Especially track setup stuff... since I'm new to this nitro stuff though, not sure if I'll have much time to help run races, but if I can, I'd be more than likely to help out!
Old 05-30-2003, 01:18 PM
Company Representative

not a good excuse to have racers standing around waiiting to race though( and never have anyone show up to run them).. it is hard enough to build something without having other issues on top of it... I get how hard and exspensive it is to run a race and that a race director will give up much of there time and racing to do the job, and it is a very thankless job... always will be ..

that sucks.. but it is also hard to get people on a schedule taking time to come and race.. so if the schedule changes or a race does not happen the racers must be notified.. or they will go away and never come back... shawn has done a lot of work promoting and running the richfield deal.. and i understand he is taking a back step for other isssue, weather it be time, or lack of interesst, or whatever... so maybe someone should step up... it would be sad to see it go away....

It is not the racers fault that running the races sucks though, and as a racer, or a customer( should be thought of that way) you need to take care of them, or like all retail bussinesses they will go somewere else.. and running a track is just a retail buss. no matter why the reason we are doing it or putting effort into it....
Old 05-31-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

there is racing tomorrow, see you all there~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.