Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing
What onroad classes should we run in MN for 2011/2012 season? >

What onroad classes should we run in MN for 2011/2012 season?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What onroad classes should we run in MN for 2011/2012 season?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

No need for that

Last edited by Marcos.J; 07-31-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

And I do know what I'm talking about, you irrelevant pile of garbage. I asked the top guys what they spent. Lift your head up high and blow your brains out
Old 07-31-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

I'm sick of these keyboard cowboys. I read all of import retards posts and all he had to piss and moan in every one. Twat
Old 07-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joezjr
And then he with the most credit cards wins.
Just wondering, where do you think 13.5 open would be more $ than mod? I just think a 13.5 class would have a lot more drivers and awesome competition!! we could leave blinky to others who don't want to play the speedo game or want to focus on driving and not pulling over all the time. And as far as 17.5 goes, either 17.5 open or 17.5 blinky a certain few guys are going to spend the money regardless, it's racing and for some it's a challenge to get the car as fast as possible around the track. Others just do it for fun and really don't care where they end up. Just my opinion.

I remember a few years ago at tcorc when the club was in it's first year all of the epic battles that took place in 13.5. It seemed like every weekend someone different won and it always came down to the last lap. Last year we seen time and time again 7-8 mod 1/12 scales go out and 7 min in there were 2-3 left.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

There is no use for this thread
Old 08-01-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you guys want my $.02

Run stock 12th scale 17.5 Blinky for those wanting a controlled, "even" class

Run Mod/Open 12th scale for those who want to rip

I do think that Sedan should stay in one class, not two. I know the class kind of bounced back last year, but there wasn't enough IMO to support two classes. I think sedan should be 13.5 blinky / rubber tire.

Whatever it is, it needs to be rubber tire (1) to attract others to come to the events (several guys from central WI told me they would come to MN to race if there was a rubber sedan class) and (2) - so that when one travels to events outside of the area we are not completely lost vs. the rest of the world that is running rubber tire sedan
Old 08-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
I remember a few years ago at tcorc when the club was in it's first year all of the epic battles that took place in 13.5. It seemed like every weekend someone different won and it always came down to the last lap. Last year we seen time and time again 7-8 mod 1/12 scales go out and 7 min in there were 2-3 left.
FYI end of season turn out for 13.5 2008....

-- 12th Scale Super Sto - A Main --
Pos Car Laps time name
1 1 52 8:07.42 Jeff Brustad
2 3 52 8:09.28 Andrew Mowrey
3 2 51 8:02.62 Joe Zaier
4 4 50 8:02.57 Neal Tovsen
Old 08-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I would just like for the track owners/operators to step up now and decide on the classes. That way we can all start to prepare now for the upcoming season. Practice starts soon and I'd like to know if I'm bringing a foam sedan or Rubber to the track, not wait and see. The sooner the better as I have to buy a 13.5 maybe, um not sure, well kinda... And until I know I prolly won't spend any money practicing on the wrong class specs (motor or tire). Not to mention I need to buy foams or rubbers, not sure, better hold off... :sigh

Personally, I'd like to see Tcorc, MMR, and LSRCC make a decision on classes by Aug 1 each year so we can stop the argueing and move on already.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Smile Classes

For the amount of local racers we have on a weekly basis do you think we may have too many options or classes? Keeping it simple may equal better racing.

Boosted
Blinkey
Open
Off Road
Wgt
Mini
Vta Mmr Spec
Legends
Street spec
Usvta spec trans am
Rubber sedan
Foam sedan

Last edited by haywood; 08-01-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'd like to run rubber tire sedan, personally. I understand that catering to drivers from outside the area isn't necessarily a critical business decision, but it can't hurt.

Brandon and Tony spent a lot of time last winter learning how to make the cars work on rubber tires, and when they got the camber right, their tires lasted for weeks. I've seen the arguments against rubber tires because they can wear to the belt quickly, but my understanding is that it's a setup issue. I've driven a good rubber tire sedan, and they're fine to drive. They're a little more free than a foam sedan, but they're not ridiculous to drive. No need to fear them.

I also understand the theory that contact on rubber tires results in one car or both going to the wall, whereas that doesn't happen on foam tires. I'm here to tell you that foam tired sedans ALSO hit the wall when contact is made with another car, and sometimes that contact is at amazingly high speed.

In the end though, I'm just sitting back and waiting to see what happens. I still have my foam car, and if the decision is made to run that, AND I can still find tires, then fine. If not, I'll just run off-road all winter.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ammdrew
FYI end of season turn out for 13.5 2008....

-- 12th Scale Super Sto - A Main --
Pos Car Laps time name
1 1 52 8:07.42 Jeff Brustad
2 3 52 8:09.28 Andrew Mowrey
3 2 51 8:02.62 Joe Zaier
4 4 50 8:02.57 Neal Tovsen

This looks similar to the end of year 2010 1/12th mod entries! Is there a way to start a poll on here to see what people would run?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=haywood;9466860]For the amount of local racers we have on a weekly basis do you think we may have too many options or classes? Keeping it simple may equal better racing.

Boosted
Blinkey
Open
Off Road
Wgt
Mini
Vta Mmr Spec
Legends
Street spec
Usvta spec trans am
Rubber sedan
Foam sedan[/QUOTE

My point being if you don't increase the number of total entries but keep in my opinion too many classes you end up with four or five guys racing each other and out of those guys you have a couple C main drivers racing an A main driver and so on making not great racing.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I'd like to run rubber tire sedan, personally. I understand that catering to drivers from outside the area isn't necessarily a critical business decision, but it can't hurt.

Brandon and Tony spent a lot of time last winter learning how to make the cars work on rubber tires, and when they got the camber right, their tires lasted for weeks. I've seen the arguments against rubber tires because they can wear to the belt quickly, but my understanding is that it's a setup issue. I've driven a good rubber tire sedan, and they're fine to drive. They're a little more free than a foam sedan, but they're not ridiculous to drive. No need to fear them.

I also understand the theory that contact on rubber tires results in one car or both going to the wall, whereas that doesn't happen on foam tires. I'm here to tell you that foam tired sedans ALSO hit the wall when contact is made with another car, and sometimes that contact is at amazingly high speed.
Come run Rubber Sedan with us on Weds! I love this car and it is by far my favorite class. We haven't broken a single part yet. Tires have been lasting forever and the lap times are within .2 sec.

As far as setup I am running the stock XRAY setup with the front shocks in the outmost position and the car is dialed. No need to fear.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by sbeamish
Come run Rubber Sedan with us on Weds! I love this car and it is by far my favorite class. We haven't broken a single part yet. Tires have been lasting forever and the lap times are within .2 sec.

As far as setup I am running the stock XRAY setup with the front shocks in the outmost position and the car is dialed. No need to fear.
I would BUT, I don't know now which is THE class to run. My issue is if I am to run Rubber tire, I need to buy tires now and practice in August to get setup right, etc. Same goes for 12th scale, if I need a 13.5 I need to buy one now and practice in August, but as it stands I guess I'll show up at race one at the end of September and see what class I fall into of the 20 offered.

Here in MN we've faced this same issue year after year for the past 10+ years, can we end it already?
Old 08-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SkarTisu

In the end though, I'm just sitting back and waiting to see what happens. I still have my foam car, and if the decision is made to run that, AND I can still find tires, then fine. If not, I'll just run off-road all winter.
Skare... If you guys end up running foam I have a box-o-freshcutz you can have because I wont run them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.