Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW TRACK COMING TO SIOUX FALLS AREA

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah, give him a high 5 for me as he kept pretty busy! he did a great job and showed some real hustle even though it was just a practice. Many of the guys could learn from him. I wish some of the corner marshals we had down at Hobbytown would jump as jast as he did. Thanks a lot Ezra, you were the best part of that track day.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mera'din
I was trying not to complain too much in my post. As I said, it was just my first impression.

In conversations I had with people about the track they were excited about bring young people out there who are getting into the hobby. We all have to start somewhere and the best way I can describe it is that this track is like learning to ride a bike without ever using trainning wheels.

It can be done with success, just take more practice and putting up with a few skinned knees.

I left Sunday with a few "skinned Knees"! I will say this about the Slash, it can take a beating! I bashed that truch hard and only added a few rips to the body. Nothing major.

Now, for those of you who just want to defend the track and tell us bottom feeders to quit whinning, how about a little advice on the track itself.

What does one need to do to get a core truck dialed in. I was thinking of moving the lower shock mounts in to give the suspension a little more droop to soften the landings a bit.

The main problem I had was traction leading into the jumps. For example, the triples, I know I will have a difficult time clearing all three but I should be able to gap two. On Sunday I would give the truck some throttle to try and gap 2 of the 3 but the truck would just slam into the face of the second jump. It was like I couldn't grap the dirt.

What tires would you reccomend?

How about shock oil? What it a good weight to try out?

Also, the "ski jumps" as someone put it on the front straight, what is a good strategy for those? The first one seemed fine as the truck would come off nice and level. The second was not as pretty. For some reason the truck would nose in after hitting the jump. Is there a difference in shape between the two?

Lastly, what about the "whoopties" or as I like to call them, "the washboards?" What is the trick there? Again, I tried to gap two of them but couldn't the truck would nose into the next one.

I know it will take practice and patience but all the smashing into the face of the next jump got old fast! It wasn't fun having to roll over each jump on the track as that is what it took to get around the track without having help from a marshall. Thanks to Audie? I think that was the kids name out there flipping everybodies cars over. I was there for about an hour or so and he was out there the entire time! Thanks bud!
there is a rc track at hartford that is much easier than brandon, it may not be as pretty as brandons but it is a more kid friendly track.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

It seems to me that the 4x4 Slashes aren't quite as plush as the stadium trucks are. I suppose it's harder to set up with the extra components.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

i was one of the ones out there having issues with my rustler VXL..... id say alot of my issues are tires and experience. couldnt get that thing to go straight for more then 25 feet and im being generous with that..... hoping to have a nitro up and running soon but for the life of me cant figure it out
Hoping it drys out soon i need lots of practice.... I watched you all for awhile and marshalled some to "lean" before i brought my truck out.. i saw how easily those trucks went around the track and figured "I got this" LOL give you guys credit its harder then it looks..

next time im out someone want to show me how an experienced person can push the rustler aorudn the track just to show me its possible LOL give me somethign to work at
Old 06-15-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default CLASSES

Does anyone involved with the track or scoring system have any idea what kind of classes they will be running?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peteymit
Does anyone involved with the track or scoring system have any idea what kind of classes they will be running?
what track?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was just wondering how practice is going to work at the Brandon track? Will we have to pay to practice when is track is done? Thanks!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Adept

Nathan practice is free during the week. As far as classes we will run any class as long as there is there cars. If there is not three cars than will figure out a class similar to run with.. I will get the schedule posted tonight for the rest of the season. Thanks Jason
Old 06-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRCHOBBY
Nathan practice is free during the week. As far as classes we will run any class as long as there is there cars. If there is not three cars than will figure out a class similar to run with.. I will get the schedule posted tonight for the rest of the season. Thanks Jason
Thanks Jason...you guys have done a great job with the track and I can't wait to race on it!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Here it the schedule for the rest of the season weather permitting. I am also going to start a new post under the race track name.
Thanks Jason
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
aspen_schedule.pdf (68.9 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by TRCHOBBY; 06-16-2011 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

That one is Super Small Jason. When you zoom in, cant read it.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

new one is up

Go HERE for the new thread.

Last edited by Jon Carlson; 06-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.