Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Burnsville race facility??? Hwy 13 & 35

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anyone want to approach car kings to just ask if this would be something they would explore? I also need some info on dirt please... Just black dirt or???
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Dont forget to add us to the list.
Kelly Roberts
Kurt Roberts
We might even be able to get a couple more to come from the Eau Claire, WI area.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

R/C Car Kings approached the city council about running some parking lot races a few years ago and the city wanted $1500 for there lawyers to look into it. They never looked at it any further.

If you build a wood drivers stand it will need to have spinkler system most likely per code, it will most likely also be handicap accesible.

Like Steve said, TCHR didn't fail, we just didn't want to do it anymore, someone else turn.

If this plac wouold happen, its less than 5 miles from my house.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

This is all good info and along with a bunch of my resources, a good friend happens to be a commercial sprinkler fitter. It sounds like we might go over there Sunday or early next week again if anybody else wants to explore it. I am going to start contacting a few of my buddies for some sponsorship, donations, etc... Can someone please tell me what dirt to research (similar to trackside or ???)... Looking for more suggestions, ideas, so please input anything you can come up with... As far as handicap accesible and sprinklers go, the other tracks I have been to lately do not have either... Just an observation. I think a club style track could avoid that for now, maybe not...???
Old 12-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Initiate

as an employee of car kings i can say they wont be much help as we have been hit hard by the economy lately i will see about helping as much as i can as a "local" guy but as most the local racers know my bosses can be pretty ornry to deal with now dont get me wrong im not bad mouthing them they take care of me but expanding that just wont happen with them it would be great to get a track so close and we would promote the hell out of it just like we do the nitro series, mmr, tcorc, full throttle, rochester and there are always (daily) customers asking where to race locally jake let me know how i can help....paul
Old 12-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by farakai
as an employee of car kings i can say they wont be much help as we have been hit hard by the economy lately i will see about helping as much as i can as a "local" guy but as most the local racers know my bosses can be pretty ornry to deal with now dont get me wrong im not bad mouthing them they take care of me but expanding that just wont happen with them it would be great to get a track so close and we would promote the hell out of it just like we do the nitro series, mmr, tcorc, full throttle, rochester and there are always (daily) customers asking where to race locally jake let me know how i can help....paul
I really didnt look to transplant a hobby shop, but would like insight on carrying some essentials such as popular parts, tires, wheels for the racers. It would be nice to not worry about that piece of it is all. If someone else occupies that front space and we can get in the back and just have a race facility, that may be the best less risky option anyhow??? IDK?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

here is the pink drivers stand
http://www.mnnitroseries.com/modules...=95&fullsize=1
http://www.mnnitroseries.com/modules...106&fullsize=1
josh
Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by johnnyshore
Just for fun, I threw a quick spreadsheet together...depending on race fees, number of racers running 2 classes, etc, there's potential for enough income to support the track and allow for upgrades, maintenance, etc.

Of course, it's all hypothetical...but I could see a well put together dirt race facility getting 30+ racers three times a week on a consistent basis, with the potential for 4-5 big races per year drawing in 100+ entries.
And I think John means 30+ entries correct?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

This is all fine and good but I would rather quantify all of this. I heard that Trackside brought in 300+ entries last weekend.

Here are some very rough numers. Im sure I missed some things but its easier to see once its on paper. Wages are based on M-F (5 pm - 10pm) and Sat/Sun (10am-10pm). From a purely business standpoint its a tough sell, it has been tried before, and the summer would most certainly kill you. You would have to generate enough Nov-April to carry you through the drought. After that I imagine its a ghost town and people are at the cabin, racing with MN Nitro series, etc...

Shoot me a PM and I can correct any numbers but this puts it all in perspective. This doesn't consider yearly expenses like taxes, accounting, or upkeep.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...20&output=html
Old 12-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The electricity and insurance figures look extremely low in my uneducated opinion. Might be worth looking into those further.

One other idea is setting up the business for this (if that's the intention) as a non-profit?

For dirt, I thought the black dirt at TCHR was the best overall for tire wear, ability to move for track changes and ability to pack down for a consistent surface. Clay is fun to run on, but it can be a huge pain to rebuild the track.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SkarTisu
The electricity and insurance figures look extremely low in my uneducated opinion. Might be worth looking into those further.

One other idea is setting up the business for this (if that's the intention) as a non-profit?

For dirt, I thought the black dirt at TCHR was the best overall for tire wear, ability to move for track changes and ability to pack down for a consistent surface. Clay is fun to run on, but it can be a huge pain to rebuild the track.
Agreed and Im sure there is a lot more Im missing. As me about Software Consulting and I can get you pretty close but the only person who could speak to the actual costs of an indoor race facility are those that have tried it and Andrew.

Profit! This would be lucky to break even!

The numbers have to start somewhere
Old 12-09-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

I sent Scotty @ Trackside a message to see what his thoughts were.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sbeamish
This is all fine and good but I would rather quantify all of this. I heard that Trackside brought in 300+ entries last weekend.

Here are some very rough numers. Im sure I missed some things but its easier to see once its on paper. Wages are based on M-F (5 pm - 10pm) and Sat/Sun (10am-10pm). From a purely business standpoint its a tough sell, it has been tried before, and the summer would most certainly kill you. You would have to generate enough Nov-April to carry you through the drought. After that I imagine its a ghost town and people are at the cabin, racing with MN Nitro series, etc...

Shoot me a PM and I can correct any numbers but this puts it all in perspective. This doesn't consider yearly expenses like taxes, accounting, or upkeep.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?...20&output=html
I did say the total for this whole space was $2500. Someone is interested in renting the front portion, which is worth more according to the landlord so even if you split it, it would be $1250.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Adept

so what would you guys be talking for race nights monday,tuesday,wendsday,thursday,friday,saturday,o r sunday
Old 12-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racerguy13
so what would you guys be talking for race nights monday,tuesday,wendsday,thursday,friday,saturday,o r sunday
No clue, just researching and gathering info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.