Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2002, 09:50 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

dan is running the ovals on sunday a tchr and does not wish to run both, that is the reason for the late start date.. so i will relay maybe???

on the body, ther are no real body rules, we were running trucks, and that went out and most are running sedans, the tracks do not get big enught to even realy require a two speed, so i would be in doubt if a body will give you mutch of a advantage... but until everybody votes you out you can run what you bring

foams for the money will out perform and outlast rubber, i can get 4-5 weeks out of a set of elligis, dan has them on the shelf i recommend 35 rear and a 40 front as a good starting point.... fyi

i am looking into vht and price, that would greatly reduce tire issues, you should be able to runn a hareder rubber and have a stiffer insert , therefor it will last longer..... i was tearing up a set a week........
Old 04-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Joevano,

Sorry won't be able to TCHR tonight. Have to reschedule.
Old 04-11-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Stephen
No problem. Send me an e-mail when we can get together.
Old 04-18-2002, 05:27 PM
Company Representative

hideaway track... onroad built for racing .... pits, long mains..... no walls, perfect pavement...... we can make this happen

all for the price of admission... great deal...
email me [email protected] or call 612-251-8267

if we get it done now we could be racing on it by may.....................

imagine that high speed bank, in the groove the car sticks like glue on the 1/4 inch of rubber left in the grove, switching spots through the infield.....who will be out of the pits first..... etc etc etc..
Old 04-23-2002, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Mr. LooseCannon!

Hey are you a daddy yet?

Anyway, I heard this ugly rumor that I may not be able to run my 5 port Collari 12 with yokomo pipe on my GT4R. Have you heard anything to that effect at Hobby town? I hope it isnt true. Cause it seems to me that foams class should be an open class anyway since most of us are not real ifmar or roar affiliated! Anyway I hope you and your wife are doing well.
Take Care,
SWG
Old 04-23-2002, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

I had heard that Dan (Hobbytown) wanted to keep the 5 ports out but i can't confirm that. However, my feeling is that its such a small track that the 5 port advandtage shouldn't matter too much. I'm running a turbo MS NovaMega which is also technically illegal (I could change the plug and crank if i wanted to make it legal which i will have to do for heart of america). If you bought the polished yokomo pipe, the stinger is too long and hence illegal. I thought the black ones were OK which is what i'm running.

So you're gonna run foamies? I was gonna save the GT4R for HOA but I guess I could run it at hobbytown. The solid rear axle will have to get switch to a diff though.

PS: 9 weeks 'till baby time
Old 04-24-2002, 10:00 AM
Company Representative

i do not think your five port will be a advantage... i am not going to run my rtu.. only a box stock mt, like last year.... sp why worry, first off if we are not following rules.. ie rubber and foam classes, why would we inspect motors.... and i have not got a new rule book but a 5 port is probably legal in roar, and i know it is legal in ifmar, only exaust ht , carb and stinger restrictions, plus on the 5 port all they did was split the port in two, not bigger....

crank is legal in roar,,,,, just need to swap buttons.... performance change is none, so?? dumb rule makes no more power...and cost no more...

the crank rule is explicityly to .15's........ at nats it only applied to .15's!!!!
fyi
Old 04-24-2002, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default Cool

Ammdrew,

That is what I wanted to hear. Yes I know the 5 port is not going to matter on the track we run so I did not think it would be a big deal. I just like trying different motor and configurations as many people know I am always changing something. =0P
I am guessing someone is just trying to stir the pot with misinformation about HT. Anyway Have you updated the MYTSN site at all? If I had the info for this year I would gladly update it.
SWG
Old 04-24-2002, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Ammdrew and SWG,

No worry's here i was just passing on what I heard. Like i inferred in my post, power won't make much difference on the size track we run. I'm getting impatient though. I want to race!!! Ammdrew, how about a practice day before the 15th? I'm sure we can get enough volunteers to setup and take down the track and we wouldn't run anywhere near as late as we do during the season. I can appreciate Dan's time being taken with running the oval races but he wouldn't need to be there for practice.

Just a suggestion.

Later.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:45 AM
Company Representative

word for word 02 rule book
.12 fuel touring car 4wd
max length 18.1
max width 7.87
ht minimum 4.5 inches
wheel base min 9.8 max 10.6
min wt 60ounces with transponder
wheel dia min 1.85 max 2.
wheel width min .94(24mm) max 1.19 (30mm)
tire dia min 2.17 max 2.64
tire width min .94(24mm) max 1.19(30mm)
wheel cutout .25 max over tire
engine .12
trans 1 or 2 speed
rear suspension independent
race length quals 5 minutes main 5 to 60 minutes
tires foam or rubber no capped tires
notes
one wing allowed, fitted same place as the wing on the car
wing must be fastened to the rear deck
no part of the wing may protrude above the roof line
rear of body to include the rear bumper and may not be cut out for cooling
one cooling hole not to exceed 2 inches in any direction may be cut in the windshield
four wheel drive only

bodies must resemble 4 door cars that have run in a touring car series
engine specs .12
max displacement .129/2.11cc
max carb bore above jet 5.5mm ( this is new, clarifying above jet)
max exaust port ht 4.0 ( almost all current .12s are not legal)
max internal ports w/exh 4
max muff outleet interior diameter 5.0
min outlet length beyond pipe 15mm
turbo plugs allowed NO
Old 04-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Company Representative

i have no power involvment or anything with any track, me producing and sending fliers and such is because i personally want more people to come out, and i want the best compotition we can have..... i also greatly enjoy racing....... call dan if you would like to get a practise day, my last conversation with him, he stated that he would not be able to get the track ready until the 15th... painting boards and stuff??? so i guess that was it, i ws ready to race in march...... and hell i would bet they would not mind if we broke some parts and spent more money at the hobby stores....... i have been know to clean off the basketball court, sugar water get out the sidewalk chalk and make a little practise track, with very soft walls....

i need to call leeroy about setting up a open track day.... this weekend the he is rtacing his 3/4 scale cars, next weekend i think the 1/4 scalers got the track, but i bet we could intermingle???? would like to have a more than two people show up though... normally they start racign by the 15th and the track is always avalable to practise,, we could do a weeknight there are lights, and there is no setup..................

email me
Old 04-24-2002, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by LooseCannon
Ammdrew and SWG,

No worry's here i was just passing on what I heard. Like i inferred in my post, power won't make much difference on the size track we run. I'm getting impatient though. I want to race!!! Ammdrew, how about a practice day before the 15th? I'm sure we can get enough volunteers to setup and take down the track and we wouldn't run anywhere near as late as we do during the season. I can appreciate Dan's time being taken with running the oval races but he wouldn't need to be there for practice.

Just a suggestion.

Later.
If we wanted to be really picky the 32mm wide yokomo rear tires would be illegal too.........i don't care.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Yeah ..so anyway is it going to be ok to run the LOLA or GTP bodies?

Same as above?
I know Dan at the whore house has one painted up too.
SWG
Old 04-24-2002, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

I like your idea about the open class: foam or rubber, 5 port or 3 port, any body you want.........just no 1/10th scale 0.15 serpent impacts
Old 04-25-2002, 09:02 AM
Company Representative

if you want to be picky you would not seperate rubber and foam.... there is only ONE roar class and you can run rubber or foam............................. we are only hurting ourselfes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.