Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On-road @ TCHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

It would be really easy if everyone lined up in correct starting order in a straight line for the ifmar start. Then there would be no confusion on who's turn it is to go.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Probably a good starting point, I'll be working the counter that night to sell you part while you try to knock the walls down.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

HAHA, I'll be there with Visa in hand! =)
Old 04-02-2002, 08:54 AM
lee
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was thinking of how we could solve the problem of spacing the cars out without put someone a lap down before they started. We could place two lines on the track (5-10 feet apart); line all the cars up behind the first line (in order). The first car would go on the tone the second would go as the first one went past the second line and so on. This would prevent the hesitation with not knowing when they are starting. (I know the order is given before the start but it seems that some people can’t remember or count.) And the race director doesn’t have to memorize the order each time.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

How about a LeMans style start. Everyone puts their transmitter on the driver's stand. With the driver's standing next to their cars on the grid, at the tone they have to run to the drivers stand and get their transmitter. I can see the pulled hamstrings and broken ankles already. Just some humor for y'all.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That might be a good one for a FUN who cares race. maybe even make the driver run a lap around the outside of they track first to get them a little more out of breath before the race. Is not like us R/C racers are in great shape.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

I think we should all line up side by side like they do in the supercross races.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

That would be good for TCHR's parts business.
Old 04-04-2002, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Geez,

First we have a problem with heads-up starts. Now we have a problem with IFMAR-style starts. Understand this-those are QUALIFIERS!!!! It doesn't matter wether or not you get lapped by a car that starts in front of you, you are racing the clock, not each other!! God, I am so damn sick of people bitching about how they think stuff should be done! First Tech Talk, now here. All the whining is getting really old! We have rules in racing to keep the playing field as level as possible. The people whom run that track deserve an award for putting up with all of these primadonnas whom think that they are Michael friggin' Schumacher. GET OVER YOURSELVES!!! How about we all compete within the rules and regulations of our track? Is that too much to ask? For some, maybe it is. I really miss the old days where people just shut up and ran in the classification they felt they were capable of running in, spent the kind of money they want to spend, etc, etc, etc. If you don't do well, try harder and stop making a big issue out of every little nuance that comes up. If you have a problem, take it to the race director after the race, or at the next drivers meeting. Let's give the people whom run that place due credit-they have bent over backwards trying to accomodate all the stuff that comes up during a season of racing. I don't want to see this go away! I like r/c racing way too much to have it ruined by a bunch of people whom think they need to be accomodated to and think the rules need to change so they can practice for an out-of-town event. Isn't that what practice days are for? And as far as having someone to run with, talk to someone in your heats, you should at least know one person, and get them to practice with you. Convincing one person to run with you is way easier than convincing a whole heat and race director( in my experience, anyway). Also, quit airing out dirty laundry on a world-wide forum like this. It embarasses me to think that someone from somewhere else is reading this and laughing at what a bunch of whiners we are! I couldn't post on Tech Talk, but I can here. Let's nip this bickering crap in the bud before it overruns this forum as well.

THANKS

A racer, not a whiner.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Maybe you should take your own advice!
Old 04-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

The only thing I see happening on here is a little good ol' friendly speculation!
Old 04-05-2002, 04:50 AM
lee
Tech Adept

Dave S I agree with you on the fact that you are racing the clock with IFMAR starts. But when you have to slow down and let the first car pass by the first corner, the second car by the third corner and so on, it effects your times which makes it an uneven playing field. All I was doing suggesting was space the the cars out base on the number of cars that is in the heat ie: 4 cars space them 3-4 seconds apart, 8 cars 1-2 seconds. As for given the owner cradit agree the put up with alot of sh?? just to make it work and I thank them for the World class facility the provide for us.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ifmar is great. lets have fun
Old 04-05-2002, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

i have an idea, why dont we all just go forward and shut up (now there i should really take my own advice) but when it somes to how the race starts who cares? if the car is coming up behind you at the start JUST GO woop de doo if u slow him down its now your fault u were started late. they got full heats off at oktobrfast so find someone who can say go 10 times fast and lets race
Old 04-05-2002, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

I'm going to get slaughtered here but what da heck

First let me thank the majority of racers who come to the track, have fun and make it fun to race there. Also please understand that I, and the other owners have no problem with suggestions, and constructive critisism.

We are starting to run out of people who want to race direct for the on-road side. I think Lee has a legitimate complaint about his particular situation. Let me tell you why the director may have made a mistake.

Mind you all of this happened one night, to one volunteer race director. When looking for turn marshalls, a couple of veteran racers never show up untill asked several times. A couple of racers, sit in their pitts and are relentless at verbaly abusing the staff, and in fact play the devils advocate and get others to do the same. One racer comes up and blasts the director, because he didn't hand count, his laps when his transponder fell out. Another racer stands behind the race director and tells him how he should be doing his job. And then a racer comes up with a legit problem, and the director already overloaded shrugs his shoulders and says not my fault blame the computer.

My advice, and hope is that everyone would do just a few things. One show up, smile and have a good time. Two race fair, do the jobs you have to do. If you have a problem, bring it up to us in a calm and reasoned fashion. Three treat the staff as you wish to be treated yourself. Four HAVE FUN this bears repeating as it is why we all do this.

Mark O'Brien

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.