Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tea's Hobby Shop & Raceway Park

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1/8th scale Buggy

I have had a great time racing inside on the dirt oval, but I can't wait to get back outside to do some off road racing. I am planning on racing 1/8th scale nitro.

See you at the track
Old 04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2010 Summer Sizzler Series

This years Sizzler series will be a total of 11 races starting in May and going through September. Racers must make 9 out of the 11 races to qualify for plaques and awards. We will adjust series requirements if we loose any races due to weather and are unable to make those races up.

We have moved our summer racing to Sunday afternoons with the track opening at 2pm and racing starting at 3:30pm. Please be signed in by 3pm. If weather may effect that days race please check our home page for changes to start times in order to get the races in.

Class rules can be found here

Schedule for racing can be found here

Should be a great summer of racing here at Tea's Hobby Shop and R/C Raceway.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I missed out on oval, but im ready for some off road action.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Saturday May 8th will be open practice starting at 12 noon with racing starting at 2pm. Run as many classes as you would like for $10.00 and includes practice.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

is it only 10 bucks all the time for as many classes as you want?
Old 05-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Normal race days entry fees 16 for first, 10 for second, 3 and more 8. Students are 12 for first, 8 for all additional classes.

Sizzler Series starts May16th!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

students as in and college student?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default practice at the off road track

I will be down to Rochestor on Monday. I was going to stop by and check out the track. I will be there around noon if anyone is open to running.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tennis91
students as in and college student?
As in 18 and younger.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1/8 scale racers

Who is in for 1/8th scale racing this Sunday? Just wondering what kind of a turn out there might be?

I hope this wet/cold weather clears up before the weekend. I want to do some racing.

See you at the track
Old 05-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

im hopin for 1/8th electric
and 1/10th truck
and corr truck
Old 05-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

I think for Nitro Buggy the Welch's will be down and I'm sure Adam G will be here as well maybe a couple more! For Elec Buggy I'm thinking there maybe close to 6 for that class. So far the CORR truck classes seam to be coming together pretty well. Box stock looks to be hurting some as most people have been changing tires soon after driving the truck.

Weather looking to be in our favor for the kick off event for the Sizzler series!

We will split classes if there is interest and enough cars for the points series. IE nitro and electric. I will ask around if we should keep the classes split or run together for larger classes.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtsprinter
I think for Nitro Buggy the Welch's will be down and I'm sure Adam G will be here as well maybe a couple more! For Elec Buggy I'm thinking there maybe close to 6 for that class. So far the CORR truck classes seam to be coming together pretty well. Box stock looks to be hurting some as most people have been changing tires soon after driving the truck.

Weather looking to be in our favor for the kick off event for the Sizzler series!

We will split classes if there is interest and enough cars for the points series. IE nitro and electric. I will ask around if we should keep the classes split or run together for larger classes.
I'll be there with my Hyper 9e and the new Blitz ESE! Having tried only the Blitz stock tires (which I picked up cheap, no tires in the ESE box) in practice yesterday, I can definitely see why people are switching out tires right away. The Blitz was unbelievably tail-happy. With very careful use of the throttle it was fine, but it was quite difficult to get enough speed to clear some of the jumps.

Weather couldn't sound any more perfect, at this point. Hopefully we'll get a day or two of sun later this week to allow for some more practice.

How will the points work if you split the nitro and electrics if there is a race day where not enough people show up to run one of the classes?
Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ezrem

How will the points work if you split the nitro and electrics if there is a race day where not enough people show up to run one of the classes?
Pretty much it would work like this. Lets use 1/8 buggy for example. For each racer running 1/8 Buggy as the generic title racers running electric would have an "E" at the end of there name. All 1/8 buggys would run together for that days event and would get points. 50 points to first with a 2 point spread down to 5th place with 6th on down all receiving 40 points(helps keep from people feeling like they are falling way behind quickly). A TQ point of 1 will be added to the highest qualifier for both nitro and electric on to there earned points that day.

Though in the standing over the summer it may look like Tim Anderson E is running in 2nd place he may actually be the leader of the "E" class. I guess it is like road racing where there are different division all running at the same time but there is one leader for each division running.

It may take a couple races for it to make scene but in my mind it should work out and have more cars in one class rather then only a few in a couple classes.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default I'll give it a go.

I will be there Friday for some practice and then Sunday I plan to race, if all wrks out.
1/8 Electric Buggy
EREVO (truggy class)
4x4 short course

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.