Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Next HOA Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Z
Tech Master

HOA race number 5 of the 2007 season is this coming weekend. Hope to see everyone there.

We do now have a discount rate at the Ramada at the airport. About a mile from the track. Just tell them that you are coming for the HOA race. There number is 402-475-4971.

Also, the pit entrance has been changed since the last race. Getting into the pits is now a little less exciting.

Z
Old 08-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Z
Tech Master

No one has given me any pics this year. I would be happy to put them on the site if anyone wants to take some pics.

Andrew, can you send me some of the pics you took.

Either e-mail them to me or put them on a CD and send them along with someone next weekend.

Z
[email protected]
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Z
Tech Master

Weather looks good for this weekend. Sunny and 80.

Z
Old 08-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Nice job to everyone that raced this weekend.

Thanks go out to everyone that came from out of town. We had seven different states representing today not to bad for not being a "big event"

Good job and Thanks for Z making this another great race here in Lincoln.

Big props goes to Steve Foley from Colorado coming up here and laying the smack down in sedan. He might have to come back with the caravan in November and show them how it's done on the carpet. That is after you race the Pro Series finals on Oct. Hell all yall guys should just move here awsome rc tracks year round.

And we can't forget that "Team Green" is still burning it up........ on the track that is Kyle Gannon coming out of retirement and taking the DeltaDave machine to victory circle. What makes this win even greater is I was the pit man and he still won.

But the best race had to be the 15 minutes of the 20 minute B main where the Simon brothers Lance and Scott ran nose to tail the entire time both taking turns at the lead until a cut wire ended what was shaping up to be and awsome B main.

Thanks Jamee
Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default z

After further review from the HOA racing commission it has been determined that Z will be penalized for rough driving. The board will meet and determine the punishment to be handed down later on this week. Sources close to the commission hinted that a 1 year suspension and a stiff fine is being considered. When contacted Z or "Mr. Wonderful" 'as he affectionately refers to himself' had this to say, " %#*&%! &%$#@, stupid little cars. When contacted, the other driver involved had no comment. On a side note, Angotti's car DID pass post race inspection after an anonimous report that he was illegal.

On a serious note. It was another great event. Sorry about the misfortune Z. I have lots of pic's to send to up load to the HOA site. I also have video of some of the racing, unfortunately, not of the Simon Bro's battle. How exciting was that!!?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Z
Tech Master

Originally Posted by watwasdat
After further review from the HOA racing commission it has been determined that Z will be penalized for rough driving. The board will meet and determine the punishment to be handed down later on this week. Sources close to the commission hinted that a 1 year suspension and a stiff fine is being considered. When contacted Z or "Mr. Wonderful" 'as he affectionately refers to himself' had this to say, " %#*&%! &%$#@, stupid little cars. When contacted, the other driver involved had no comment. On a side note, Angotti's car DID pass post race inspection after an anonimous report that he was illegal.

On a serious note. It was another great event. Sorry about the misfortune Z. I have lots of pic's to send to up load to the HOA site. I also have video of some of the racing, unfortunately, not of the Simon Bro's battle. How exciting was that!!?
You seem to have forgotten who is on the protest commission!

The results have been posted on the website.

Z
Old 09-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Z
Tech Master

Points have been updated at www.heartofamericaseries.com

Hope to see everyone in KC for the final race of the season.

Z
Old 09-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to congradulate Jeff Brustad on his winning of the HOA sedan points race. Nice run man! I also apologize to Justin for running him out of gas and costing him the race. This is especially dissapointing because on Sun. morning he said he was going to TQ and he went out Sun. and lowered the TQ by three seconds. 18 laps in 5 min 4 sec. Kid was flying. Sorry Justin!
Old 09-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kevin- Thanks for the congrats, and I felt really bad for Justin too, seeing him run out... That's racing, has happened to EVERYONE, both in little toy cars for bowling trophies, and in real cars with millions on the line.... tell Justin to keep his chin up, he will have many wins and series championships ahead of him with his attitude and skill. This also reminds me that I should treat Joe to a nice dinner....He is a big reason for my success, thanks Joe!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Flying Minnesota's

Congrats for Jeff and Justin to taking 1st and 2nd this year! Way to go guys!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Default HOA

Nice job all year to both Jeff & Justin. You both earned your points and it was blast racing with you. If I close my eyes I can still hear Justin's engine in front of the drivers stand at the shoe, ouch .
C Ya Next year for sure.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All I can say is this years HOA season was awesome. Congrats to OV and Jeff for thier Championships. But also a great job to Mark Angotti for doing so well in his first year in the sedans. To Justin Olsen for the great job he did coming down to the final race of the year and doing everything he needed to do to take the Championship. It was just unfortunate that he ran out of fuel and cost him the championship ( i'd think about firing that pitman. Just kidding Kevin). He'll definitely take some championships in the years to come if he stays with it. To my brother for his second place finish in the points in 1/8. For all of you that know us we don't race on a big budget. But yet Scott always was able to take his MRX-3 and his 6 or 7 yr old motor and put himself in the show. And to Erock, who after having troubles in the last race at Lincoln. Which took him out of contention for the championship. And after having troubles all day Saturday, came out Sunday and laid down an awesome qualifier and ran a superb race to take the victory. For those that haven't raced in the HOA series or come out and watched the races, you're really missing out on meeting a great bunch of people and some great friends. Can't wait til next year.