Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hideaway Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hideaway Speedway

I thought I would start this thread to talk about what a nice facility Hideaway is. I checked it out for the first time on Saturday and was very impressed. It's super nice, clean, and very well maintained. Right now it is just a paved oval, but if enough interest was shown, a road course could be built by the owner. All he would ask in return is for people to come and enjoy it. This thread is also a way to show some interest. I don't know about the rest of you, but if there was such a road course, I would be there several times a week to practice.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Good thinking. I am all for that. Hideaway could be the best thing that happened to on-road racing in Minnesota since the invention of the nitro touring car. We have spent time with the owner measuring up a plan for an on-road road course, and we can have a track here that would be a state of the art facility. We could have national 1/5, 1/10 and 1/8 scale racing going on right here, it does not always have to be California and Ohio... All it takes is for us to show some commitment. Imagine what this would do to the local racing scene. We would see so much interest in this hobby, the shops would not be able to keep up with demand, both for parts and for local club racing venues. All it takes is for everyone to show interest...
Old 04-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For three years now, or more this same discussion has been put out here. I think there are a number of people who would go and race there if it was anything but left turns only. But no way will people put up seed money for someone elses business. As they say if you build it they will come. So get him to build it, and set up a regular race program and people will very likely show and race.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Gmain, there is no such hing as seed money involved here. This is only about racing, nothing else. Noone wants to make money on this deal, money is made during business hours, spent on racing, not made on racing....Anyone who wants to join, come on up... To the best facility you can ever imagine... If you knew the facts, these things would be self expanatory....

Last edited by fmolzer; 04-15-2003 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

mark you are right and this was more or less battered down by bad information being spread around.. lets not go there..

there are no plans to build a road course BUT this is probably the best facility i have seen anywere in this country, with exception to kz in california... already in exsistence and operating.. right in our back yard..

right now you can go and race every other saturday night with a 1/4 scale nascar, or truck, and a 1/5th formula one..

there is a done deal to do a few 1/10th races.. i think the first one will happen at the end of may.. not my deal so i am totally uninformed.. but a trophy race run in a oval format.. open .12's too electrics......

and yes the owner of the track stated if enough started racing cars on a regular basis he may put in a road course ... he just want more racers....

the sad part is the deal i worked out with him before came from us the racers to get him to add onto his track to accomadate us.. not to accomadate him. it was more work and money for him... so i got a deal that i thought was entirly fair.... 20 racers pay ther first 10 race entries.. no time table to use them up.. free practise for the first year.. whenever you( the racer) wanted, and he would lay the aspault..... which by the way would cost 4 times more than the entrie fees we were putting up... well not very many were willing to spend the cost of one servo to get something better.. and here we are.....

so lets go and race on the oval.. and if enough of us figure it out instead of putting hard energy into not having a real track.. maybe someday we will be roadraccing on a perminant facility in minnesota..
Old 04-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Company Representative

http://www.mytsn.com/tracks/track.as...723&cm=5&adr=1

more video is posted.. there is a good video of the drivers stand.. i think you could have 30 drivers easy, and comfortable..
Old 04-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

cool videos. looks like you guys had alot of fun.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Company Representative

that was actually two weeks ago.. the pits were full of snow and the melting snow was running down the track... did not make it up this weekend... but i bet it was pretty nice with a cleaned track and lots of warm sun.. need some cars on the track to get a good groove....
Old 04-17-2003, 06:54 AM
Company Representative

here is the 1/10th racer flyers
Attached Thumbnails Hideaway Speedway-racerxhideaway.jpg  
Old 04-17-2003, 07:05 AM
Company Representative

I
Old 04-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

heading over to Europe again I want to be at the track.... Oh well, I guess I'll be back again by next week, just in time for the summer heat wave... We can always hope... I just want to race.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Racer X came to the Richfield track on Sunday and passed out race flyers for the 1/10 scale event in May. From what he was saying about it, it sounds like fun. How many of you are interested in going to this too?
Old 04-29-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

I know I will be there
Old 05-03-2003, 12:34 PM
Company Representative

view of the track from space
Attached Thumbnails Hideaway Speedway-hideaway.jpg  
Old 05-04-2003, 07:03 AM
Company Representative

first night was great.. had 4 f1's on the track... all would of finished the main.. with a throttle sevo failing in my car i quickly found the wall..

we have a new one in the box.. just showed up if anyone want to join us in two weeks we would liove to have just call..

the 1/4's are putting about a second faster laps than us right now.. we hope to narrow that margin in the next few weeks... but sure was a lot of fun..

one guy ran a really cool looking samba pipe.. lookeed great sounded cool, but really made no speed diff. so looks like it is more of a eye candy deal.. looks really cool..

If anyone wants to check one of these out or deive one give me a jingle and i will let you check it out..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.