Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd. >

Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree39Likes

Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-30-2018, 05:00 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland N.J. opening day April 2nd.
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Judge Judy
Latest Race Results

Opening day- April 7th and we race(weather permitting)every Sat until the end of October

Registration 10:30- 11:30, racing starts at 12 noon.
You can get here as early as you want to set up, but no one is permitted on
the track until registration starts at 10:30.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Id be in for Tomorrow
Old 07-29-2017, 07:05 AM
EF5
Tech Initiate

I'm in. Ed.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Mike and Harry are in for tomorrow
-Harry
Old 07-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Tomorrow it is! Regular starting time. Don't forget Jamar the grocery store around front of our building is closed tomorrow. So bring food and drinks or order out. Weather is supposed to be beautiful Sunday! Thanks everyone! Hope to see you all trackside!

Linda
Old 07-30-2017, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Bummed I can't join you guys today. Have fun.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Here's the link to the results.

https://www.facebook.com/linda.vogel.75

There are also photos on my FB page that George Miller took.

What beautiful weather we had Sunday to race in! The track actually had a few dry spots by the mains. The new improved triple big jump in the back is shorter and you don't need to overshoot anymore. The challenge now seemed to be who could land on the actual third jump landing instead of overshooting and slapping the ground, putting stress on your car and electronics. Scooby and Tom were the judges as to who legally landed and who didn't. The berm also has improvements like that ugly cone that everyone seemed to get stuck on is actually gone! We had a decent turnout and a lot of fun. Between Scooby and Tom Lane there's always going to be entertainment! 1/10th buggy was interesting between Kyle running 4wd and Scooby and Tom with 2wds. There was a heat of truggies and a B-main in E-buggy. Carmel finally got his buggy working and gave the guys some stiff competition. Harry was very busy running 1/10 buggy and his E-buggy but he didn't give up. Patt had the bad luck all day this time. Mike did well. They're all still rookies at this but are learning and improving one step at a time. They're all great marshals though. Anthony did a great job marshaling yesterday also. Jared is the king though of the center spot. We missed Carl and his family. He said he'll get them out to race soon. Also enjoyed having Bill Paulus hanging out for the day. At least I wasn't the only one who fell down! Lol! Thanks to everyone who came out.

Talked to Carl via messages and he is doing well, considering. I asked him if he was able to move around and he replied: "Yeah I just have a plastic neck brace on. No halo. Just can't stand on my feet too long the pain starts getting too bad. Then I get dizzy. I'm seeing the Dr Thursday and am hoping to get better pain meds. I wanted to stop up Sunday but car rides are tough right now. I can walk but slowly. Can't lay down have to sleep sitting up what little I do sleep. So right now I'm just sitting around doing nothing. Just happy to be moving at all."

Feel free guys to reply to this to wish him a speedy recovery.

Thanks everyone!

Linda
Old 08-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Get well soon carl missing you out there -from Harry, mike , and Pat
Old 08-05-2017, 03:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah yeah ... suck it up cupcake ..walk it off and get your ass back in the race. Just kidding. Be safe we will see you when we see you.
Old 08-05-2017, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Races today are ON! Hope to see you all at the track!

Linda
Old 08-05-2017, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Good luck today everyone. Personally I was hoping for a delay since I can't race today but could race tomorrow. See everyone next week.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Here are yesterday's results.

https://www.facebook.com/linda.vogel...6vXCIxnfkrbg70

The weather was beautiful for yesterday’s races! It was good to have the Maldonado family here for the first time. Both Matt and Ryan did a great job, running a Stampede and a Rustler. I combined Jared and Nick’s short course trucks with Matt and Ryan. Even Sr. got his old XXXTCR going. Unfortunately the kids had to leave before the mains and Ron broke an arm with no spares to fix it. Jared and Nick graciously gave up their mains and left early. They did not want to get into someone else’s way by putting them into another class. If Matt and Ryan learned one thing, it’s probably that you need tires that work on our track. Tires that trucks come with usually aren’t made for racing. George lent Matt tires for his stadium truck, but there weren’t any other tires for the monster truck. Matt was really improving each round.

All in all we had a great time! Scooby and Tom Lane provided the entertainment. We had a whole heat of 1/10th 4wd buggies and a B-main in 1/8th E-buggy. Misty Church ran for the first time here and did quite well. She stayed out of drivers’ way and ran her own pace. Also good to see Drew back after time out with a broken leg and pulled shoulder. He insisted on marshaling and took his time. The best part of the day was seeing Carl out and about after his accident that fractured his spine. He may not be able to race the rest of the season, but seeing him walking around showed everyone who was concerned about him that he will be okay.

Thanks to everyone who came out and helped out. Thanks especially to Tim, Mike, and Harry who always step up to help marshal. We look forward to next weekend where we’ll have some more fun!

Linda
Old 08-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Doesn't look pretty tomorrow.. postponing to Sunday?
Old 08-11-2017, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jericho9411
Doesn't look pretty tomorrow.. postponing to Sunday?
Give it Time we will let you know.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Here is a link to the video and photos I took today.

https://www.facebook.com/linda.vogel...AnCeVE&fref=nf

Linda
Old 08-12-2017, 03:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Littleman and I are heading to the track. He doesn't know it yet he is still drooling on his pillow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.