Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
New Jersey 1/5th Scale Onroad Champs!!! 8/31/2014 >

New Jersey 1/5th Scale Onroad Champs!!! 8/31/2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Jersey 1/5th Scale Onroad Champs!!! 8/31/2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChasHotRod
Thanks ray I have a a back pack blower I will bring and I will try to strong arm the home gang to get on board if possable this will be great for the new guys best way to learn hands on thanks to all keep the posts comeing the more guys the more fun ps marco griller told me your still in say its so
Sorry to say The last plug has bin pulled scotts out Sorry for all the bla bla bla on the tread I tryed until next time you guys stay well Charlie
Old 09-27-2014, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The motor should have at least 85lbs of compression, if its anything lower its trashed! He can buy a cheap compression gauge a Pep Boys, you need a 10mm nipple for the plug threads. That was a brand new engine that I installed. It only had 2 gallons of fuel through it. Tony can rebuild it for him if he damaged it.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Robert he needed someone to show him in person.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChasHotRod
Sorry to say The last plug has bin pulled scotts out Sorry for all the bla bla bla on the tread I tryed until next time you guys stay well Charlie
No worries my man! We did get together to bash and kick around ideas for next season, so it was productive .... You guys have a great off season and check in from time to time.....
Old 09-29-2014, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jones Auto
Thanks Robert he needed someone to show him in person.
Hey John! Robert and Marcos got the car running good yesterday!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
No worries my man! We did get together to bash and kick around ideas for next season, so it was productive .... You guys have a great off season and check in from time to time.....
Hey ray thanks again and to all you guys stay well We will be back
Old 09-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default anymore this year??

Hey I'm interested in running w/ you guys and I have a buddy also. Are you guys running at all again this year? Also curious if you would let me run my electric FG w/ you guys???
Old 09-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by madmikepags
Hey I'm interested in running w/ you guys and I have a buddy also. Are you guys running at all again this year? Also curious if you would let me run my electric FG w/ you guys???
Season is over but some of us still go out and play on Sunday's if it's nice,always welcome new folks who want to join in.....this was our first season and we are hoping more people will join in next year. In the meantime if we are out there on Sunday someone usually post here so come out and join in
Old 09-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

That is great news. .....what cars exactly do you and your friend have.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default cars

I have an FG sportsline electric 4WD, I'm buying the same car in Gas this week and I have another 2wd electric but I don't know the manufacturer?? I bought it off ebay a year or so ago. It's all aluminum, but I really have no Idea.
I think my buddy was down there for the race a few weeks ago, Tom Baffer. Said he had a blast!!! I'm lookin to get the electric car on a track and see how it would work. I've been running it in parking lots and getting a little bored!!! I've been racing rc compettitively for 20+ years so bangin around a parking lot by myself isn't cutting it anymore!!!
I'm curious as to how fast your guys cars are?? I want my Electric to be the same speed, right now my car tops out around 47mph, do I need to go faster or slower?? It does have insane acceleration, it gets to top speed in 2-3 seconds.
I'm getting the Gas car too so I can play with both???
Old 09-30-2014, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

I have an FG sportsline electric 4WD, I'm buying the same car in Gas this week and I have another 2wd electric but I don't know the manufacturer?? I bought it off ebay a year or so ago. It's all aluminum, but I really have no Idea.
I think my buddy was down there for the race a few weeks ago, Tom Baffer. Said he had a blast!!! I'm lookin to get the electric car on a track and see how it would work. I've been running it in parking lots and getting a little bored!!! I've been racing rc compettitively for 20+ years so bangin around a parking lot by myself isn't cutting it anymore!!!
I'm curious as to how fast your guys cars are?? I want my Electric to be the same speed, right now my car tops out around 47mph, do I need to go faster or slower?? It does have insane acceleration, it gets to top speed in 2-3 seconds.
I'm getting the Gas car too so I can play with both???
sure bring them out,i am sure the electric would compete but how long will it run for,our mains are 30 min long,probably woudnt be legal for our big races but the gas car will and i for one would like to see the electric car
Old 09-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

The electric car is pretty nice, I swapped out the stock motor and speedo and dropped in a castle 2028 and a monster Xl2 speedo, It's much better than the stock setup. I can easily make a 10 minute qualifier, and I thought the mains were 20 minutes? I could prob inc battery capacity to make 20 minutes but definitely not 30. Thats why I'm getting the gas car so I can race!!
For the gas car, what are the popular mods as far as for speed? pipe? clutch? gearing?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

The electric car is pretty nice, I swapped out the stock motor and speedo and dropped in a castle 2028 and a monster Xl2 speedo, It's much better than the stock setup. I can easily make a 10 minute qualifier, and I thought the mains were 20 minutes? I could prob inc battery capacity to make 20 minutes but definitely not 30. Thats why I'm getting the gas car so I can race!!
For the gas car, what are the popular mods as far as for speed? pipe? clutch? gearing?
Our track is pretty technical so car set up trumps speed,I don't know if you said wich car you were getting but most change pipes,samba is good,diffs and brakes,if mechanical they go to hydraulic . I have a mechatech 2wd with a very slightly modified motor,my fg 4wd has a stock motor but good brakes and samba pipe,also replaced a lot of the plastic with aluminum
Old 09-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

OK good to know, not looking to be a speed demon but want to be competitive, I race a lot of on road, 8th 10th and 12th so technical is what i like!!! I'm getting the FG 4wd short wheelbase car, with the porsche body. I've been racing for 20+ years so I know that setup is more important than speed. I'll give it a go at first with the stock setup, but I know from 12-13 years ago running one of the older FG cars that the Mech brakes fade pretty quickly during a race.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Christmas eve

Hi everyone, Geoff Hughes from the New York crew just chiming in to Wish all a Merry Christmas and a great New Year!! Hope Santa is good?? Looking forward to seeing all of you in the 2015 season. I had a great time at the end of your season and plan to come down more this time. Bell well and will see you soon
Geoff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.