Old 12-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ????

Disfunction!!!! Dose not compute!!!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default Quality of Track

I think this point does need to be addressed,I applaud Chris for starting the dialogue.

Mimi I think you are looking at what Chris is saying in the wrong light.1/10 scale racing cars perform at there best on a certain style of track and since you guys have chosen to focus on that racing then the construction of the track needs to match.

The fact that Chris is sponsored and has traveled to many national level tracks should be enough to grab your ear on how a track should be constructed.It seems that you view constructive criticism as being a slap in your face and that is far from the truth.

Right now the condition of the track is Poor to say the least and there is no sugar coating that.You facility is still world class and the way you treat your racers is still awesome but the track is BAD.

I think your die hard racers deserve to have a track that they can enjoy and that they look forward to racing on that's the topic we all want to address.You are not a racer so you have no clue what a track should perform like so you cant really speak on this matter.

You said what your good at and we all agree the business and day to day operations of the hobby shop.

We know it cost money to make changes to the track but I am sure if you took a different approach to the track you would get offers of help that would ease some of the pain.Gabriel has done a good job but his experience is limited, he needs help for a different perspective.

You speak about increased revenue and staying open,well we all know customers new and old are responsible for that.Look at the revenue gained by the bigger races we know you love those numbers, well I can tell you they are going to go away if you don't open your eyes to the problem at hand and. Again its not you or your business practices, its a POORLEY BUILT TRACK.

Fix it,that's all,Try not to be so closed minded.

Now you can brush this off, and say they are just crying but your numbers don't lie,were is Chester,Ray K and so on and so on,why did they go from all in to all gone?

I report you make your own decision.

Last edited by topfuelhobbies; 12-02-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So... is the complaint now that the track is too complicated or that the track is in poor condition (or both)? Unfortunately I haven't raced down there since last year, primarily because I found the 90-100 minute each direction haul very difficult to pull off...

But I'm looking at a video posted from Saturday, and to me the track layout is pretty tame, but that the condition of the jumps could be improved. Yes?
Old 12-02-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Default All comments

Thank you for all your ideas and comments!
We will do our best.

Have a good holidays!
Old 12-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Quality of Track

Well problems are surface dirt and layout,the dirt quality is wrong for 1/10 scale cars you need good red clay,but we know that cost and we understand that cost is also a factor.

You have to grade the race surface smooth and the build your layout,we have quality racers in this area that can help fix the track so lets use there knowledge.

Lets have a real sit down and discuss what to do or we can watch the continued implosion as it takes place.

Mimi we want to see your continued success so let us help you.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Big race

January Race!
Sign-up early!
Attached Thumbnails THE TRACK RACEWAY-jan18.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Maybe somebody could draw a proposed layout, get Mimi's/racer's support for the layout, then rally support for a track build day where people lend a hand to make it right?
Old 12-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

We also don't need to bring guys in from out of state. I know we have guys at the track that operate equipment and can do a great job so lets work in house.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default SMCD

Sounds Like an echo to me

Tony West
Chris Bing
Homer Allman
Slow Bo
Have all offered to help, I honestly have no clue why ears are not open

But I am happy to have a place to race.

Last edited by TonyWest; 12-02-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Default RESULTS

RESULTS FROM SATURDAY RACING.

NEXT RACE, WEDNESDAY @ 7PM.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round3.txt (20.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: txt
Round4.txt (16.9 KB, 91 views)
Old 12-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

I don't think layouts are an issue, honestly I think Gabe does a really good job with that aspect. Everyone coming together to help is great, but if it's just one time then we'll have a great conditioned track for a only a few weeks. It's the day-to-day maintenance that needs the real attention.

Perhaps if there was more incentive to work on the track like waived race fees or something in that vein, maybe more people would help out.

If I wasn't married and living an hour away I would love to volunteer to help with all that, but Wednesday nights are about all I get. By that same token, I don't get to complain about anything. So you'll see me every Wednesday racing whatever track we have out there and having a good time
Old 12-02-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Default December 25th and Jan 1st.

December 25th and Jan 1st, Wednesday C L O S E D!

We will race on Dec 26th and Jan 2nd, Thursday instead.

Saturday first round start at NOON! YES or NO, door open at 10am.

Please let me know.

Last edited by Mimi Wong; 12-02-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Even if you keep the same dirt that is fine. It don't really cost any money to smooth out the track and straighten up the jumps. This is where keeping a layout for 4 months at a time (changing layout every 4 months) gives you then all the remaining time to groom and just keep making the standard layout out better and better each week. Once you have it a lot smoother and the jumps straightened up then it will only take light groomed every week to keep the track to where the racers are looking for. Even now if you had lets say Mondays from 4 to 10 as track maint night to do nothing but drag the track smoother and get the jumps more consistent and maybe a few hours on Friday night to get ready for the weekend you will be good to go.

Also allow the racers to help (especially the guys that have a lot of experience ind track knowledge ala Chris Bing, Tony West, Bill Jacobs and so on. Lean on those guys along with Gabriel to bring the track itself to the next level.

Mimi knows about the hobbyshop and its daily running but let more than just one step your track itself to the next level. Try to get 4 or 5 guys that want to be on that crew and throw in free racing and practice for them. You will get some reliable guys that will step up. Its a big commitment and the racers know that one person can't do it all. Ever great track has a great staff and takes it to the next level.

I know all your normal regulars want nothing but the best and that is why right or wrong they vent on RC Tech. It is really just that they want The Track to be the best it can be.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Even if you keep the same dirt that is fine. It don't really cost any money to smooth out the track and straighten up the jumps. This is where keeping a layout for 4 months at a time (changing layout every 4 months) gives you then all the remaining time to groom and just keep making the standard layout out better and better each week. Once you have it a lot smoother and the jumps straightened up then it will only take light groomed every week to keep the track to where the racers are looking for. Even now if you had lets say Mondays from 4 to 10 as track maint night to do nothing but drag the track smoother and get the jumps more consistent and maybe a few hours on Friday night to get ready for the weekend you will be good to go.

Also allow the racers to help (especially the guys that have a lot of experience ind track knowledge ala Chris Bing, Tony West, Bill Jacobs and so on. Lean on those guys along with Gabriel to bring the track itself to the next level.

Mimi knows about the hobbyshop and its daily running but let more than just one step your track itself to the next level. Try to get 4 or 5 guys that want to be on that crew and throw in free racing and practice for them. You will get some reliable guys that will step up. Its a big commitment and the racers know that one person can't do it all. Ever great track has a great staff and takes it to the next level.

I know all your normal regulars want nothing but the best and that is why right or wrong they vent on RC Tech. It is really just that they want The Track to be the best it can be.
You said Bill Jacobs!
Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I enjoyed my time at the Track but as others said then, I felt that the layout was too tight and didn't promote great racing. It was a blast to qualify and practice on, but as soon as it was heads up, you were really forced to follow the leader, wait for the wreck, and hope you made it through. If you were in front, you could drive defensively and stay there. There were very few places to pass cleanly.

I hope it all works out because we can't lose tracks / racers. Need them ALL to be here so we can get new blood.

Not sure if I can make it down for the race in Jan as it's the same weekend as SJRC's race and it's also right after Ohio. I'll try to see what I can do though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.