Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

THE TRACK RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jetsetter
Check out the FB page...videos on there.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...77260528964053

if the link doesn't work do a search for pages:

The Track in Gaithersburg, Maryland

~Ron
Thankyou
Old 09-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

P
Originally Posted by jpitts
Well I here what u r saying, but all bet you it takes almost 5 min between each race and that is way to long. And if people r ready to go when they need to race and people go marshall when they need to we can have longer brakes between each round, more time to smoke, eat pizza, and BS. The first round took almost 40 min to run last night, so half of that time was spent getting drivers and marshalls out the the track. Back in the day when i was young racer they pushed the button on me i was not ready. Thats why i am ready when my race comes now. And people do give me hard time about going out to marshall when they r supposed to all the time.
Agreed, there should be no more than 3 minutes between rounds, a minuet call here and there. With the winter coming wednesday night will get very busy and for guys like myself driving an hour each way getting 3 rounds and a main is nice, it makes the drive worth it every time. I think Justin is doing a great job of running the races and all you old farts and god fathers and board members should be suporting him in his efforts to get rid of ass dragging and making race nights just as fun but more efficient.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Had a great time yesterday...
Thanks Allen for all the help.

See you all next wed.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kash$
P

Agreed, there should be no more than 3 minutes between rounds, a minuet call here and there. With the winter coming wednesday night will get very busy and for guys like myself driving an hour each way getting 3 rounds and a main is nice, it makes the drive worth it every time. I think Justin is doing a great job of running the races and all you old farts and god fathers and board members should be suporting him in his efforts to get rid of ass dragging and making race nights just as fun but more efficient.
yeah...what he said you old ass-dragging old fart!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlmostTQ
Had a great time yesterday...
Thanks Allen for all the help.

See you all next wed.
Your welcome Alan..............
Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Unhappy

P

We have not heard any complaints about the current program and the time taken between the heats by the regular Wed Racers... The guys only take the time they need.... Some need more time than others because they marshall and charge batteries... We never see anyone holding up the race program just for the sake of holding up the program...

The Race Program could be to slow for some of you... Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday's are availiable.... One could design any Race Program they desired.... You all could call it The Young People Racing Night.... You could have all the qualifiers you want and no old board members to hold you back.... The Guy holding the Sign could marshall every heat...

We know you have good intentions butwe did not seek out information on how to run a Wednesday Night Race Program.... We dont have to fix what we dont see as being broken.... We are just a bunch of old @ss dragging farts(and Bill) who race an extended program on Wednesday... All are welcome to join us and race our program...

Stoke
Old 09-23-2011, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stoke II
We have not heard any complaints about the current program and the time taken between the heats by the regular Wed Racers... The guys only take the time they need.... Some need more time than others because they marshall and charge batteries... We never see anyone holding up the race program just for the sake of holding up the program...

The Race Program could be to slow for some of you... Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday's are availiable.... One could design any Race Program they desired.... You all could call it The Young People Racing Night.... You could have all the qualifiers you want and no old board members to hold you back.... The Guy holding the Sign could marshall every heat...

We know you have good intentions butwe did not seek out information on how to run a Wednesday Night Race Program.... We dont have to fix what we dont see as being broken.... We are just a bunch of old @ss dragging farts(and Bill) who race an extended program on Wednesday... All are welcome to join us and race our program...

Stoke

I agree 100 percent
Old 09-23-2011, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Stokes pm the Kyosho shiz for the rb5-r buggy please.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default good points

Good points by stokes. The racers coming out wednesday night have to determine why they are there. If it's to have fun, and hang out with friends, then trying to run with military precision defeats the purpose.

If you want to run as many times as you want during a 2 hour window, then charge up a bunch of batteries and show up to practice. Simple. Not all of us can show up at 3pm on wednesday, get a lot of practice, and then be itching to race.

The best format for wednesday night racing is 2 heats and a main, especially as winter comes around and the heat count will increase. It is better to be done by 9:30pm and that will not happen if you run 3 heats and a main. Especially if the mains are 10-15min long.

In my humble opinion (and I am always humble,) wednesday night racing should stay relaxed and fun. Stick with what works. When racing gets serious and schedules get strict, guys stop racing. Too many cooks in the kitchen ruin the dish.

See, I didn't even respond to the comments by stokes or justin, but I could have!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I kinda like the 2 heats and main...if the mains are going to be 10-15 mins long...I know most of us have to work in the morning....I usually try to charge all my batteries on Tuesday night, so I can show up and run, with or without practice (I know...you can tell ).

~Ron
Old 09-23-2011, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

SO, does 2Wheel mod buggy still have a following? I am trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on a 22 or not.
Old 09-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yes.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Set-up

Stokes pm the Kyosho shiz for the rb5-r buggy please.
It's Tebo's 2010 Surf City setup... It is the fastest setup I found for the RB-5 without the big bore shocks... I have to get the new shocks... Cali guys are saying it makes the car much faster...
Old 09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

1/8 racing already canceled, mimis this weekend. Will there be racing ?
Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I missed Wed due to a family emergency. I'm planning on racing Sunday as long as nothing else crops up. Redskins play on Monday night... 4x4 SCT and 2wd buggy.

See you guys soon.

As far as the program on Wed night, I don't really see a problem. It's up to each guy to tighten his crap up. Being slow to the drivers' stand or out to marshal b/c you got to put your battery on charge for the next round is one thing; but waiting for guys to actually PUT (or switch) their battery into the car or PUT (switch) a transponder into another car, tighten a slipper, find that lucky body clip, change tires, rebuild a halfway torn-apart car, etc. is what really kills us. If we are talking about long delay, I don't see the problem of starting the race without someone. That guy will have more time to work on whatever is slowing him down, not rush the repair job, and have a better race next heat.

Running three and 10-15 min mains MAKES us have to take a minute to immediately put our batteries on charge after each race. If we don't, the batteries won't have enough juice for the next race. This (small) delay in turn marshaling is unavoidable if we push though the program so fast.

At all other tracks that run three and mains that I have been to, racing is an all-day affair. I think we do pretty good. Also, let's face it, it's the experienced guys that are slowing things down... I don't see anything getting faster when MORE experienced guys show up...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.