Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic RC Racing
Critters Raceway of Fairfield, NJ - Racing Forum >

Critters Raceway of Fairfield, NJ - Racing Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Critters Raceway of Fairfield, NJ - Racing Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Wow thanks guys for all this info! I'll start up on my tire collection now Also want to start playing with all the adjustments on this buggy. So many things to mess with. Can I get an idea what people normally run for oil in their shocks? I don't have a shorty pack yet so my buggy may be a little heavier then most. I just bought 2 saddle pack sets because I heard that was a good thing to have for the buggy but since you can only run these in stick form I guess it really does not matter if I run them or sticks.

Plus all the cool adjustments this buggy has that are so easy to do makes me want to mess around a lot more

I plan to get the sct version of this buggy when it comes out so this way if I at least learn how things work on this frame it will be a little easier to adjust things on the sct. Certainly everything will need to be adjusted differently but I'll have a better idea what does what and what is involved to make changes.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Garnold
I'm very sorry for the dumb question guys. I had know idea how much I would like 2wd buggy. My first day at the track with my 210 was killer and I'm so hooked! It's also was my first time back at the track since it has been redone (I'm about 3 months out since my last time).

So I really want to learn how to setup my RC now and have more fun. I've found some really good sites for information on this but one area I'm a little lost is the type of track condition this new track falls under? I know it's dirt but with the really hard finish is it considered clay now? I wouldn't call it high traction either right?

I was running some DD's in the rear and Groovy in the front. Next I think I'll try barcodes all around.

Also was going to try maybe the mid motor layout on my 210 but am worried about loosing to much traction.

Any advice would be great. Really into this now, way more then before!
i have very great results with schumacher yellow minni pins yes! carpet tires they work great last long you dont need to clean or grip them the stock schumacher foam from the premouts work best
Old 06-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by maizer
i have very great results with schumacher yellow minni pins yes! carpet tires they work great last long you dont need to clean or grip them the stock schumacher foam from the premouts work best
Oh so you are running foams on this track?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 360 (100%+)

I'm very sorry for the dumb question guys. I had know idea how much I would like 2wd buggy. My first day at the track with my 210 was killer and I'm so hooked! It's also was my first time back at the track since it has been redone (I'm about 3 months out since my last time).

So I really want to learn how to setup my RC now and have more fun. I've found some really good sites for information on this but one area I'm a little lost is the type of track condition this new track falls under? I know it's dirt but with the really hard finish is it considered clay now? I wouldn't call it high traction either right?

I was running some DD's in the rear and Groovy in the front. Next I think I'll try barcodes all around.

Also was going to try maybe the mid motor layout on my 210 but am worried about loosing to much traction.

Any advice would be great. Really into this now, way more then before!
Tire wear is an issue. Anything super soft will work with firm inserts (foams) like AKA/JC/PL etc. But you'll easily destroy a new set of HB Beams or BK Bars in one evening..

I tried the Panther Slicks in the Rear, AKA inserts and really liked them. On the front I run HB Full Shots in Pink but anything similar will work.

Definitely get a Shorty Pack and run it forward. Really balances out the car which is generally a little ass heavy. Prices of Shorty's are coming down..

I run RM3. Haven't tried MM yet but on any track with high traction I would say give it a go. I plan to try it one of these days...I'm going to likely switch to RM4 for now as I've read good things about it.

2WD is definitely challenging and I've got along way to go to get anywhere near to the 'fast guys'.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well I had some tires on order already so I think the best thing for me is to get to the track on a race day and start making some friends With all these options the best way to really understand what does what is to see it first hand.

I just can't believe people will go through tires in one night? You guys must spend a ton just on running the cars let alone buying and maintaining them.

Is my math right here? I'm guessing anyone so into this would race more then one class so....

$20 first class $10 for next. At least $15 for wheels/tires/foams. Multiply this by how many times you race and your looking at over $100 a month just racing? Am I right here? Let alone practice track time and anything else. OMG I'll still to less traction for now and maybe some firmer tires HAHAHA
Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Lord

Well I had some tires on order already so I think the best thing for me is to get to the track on a race day and start making some friends With all these options the best way to really understand what does what is to see it first hand.

I just can't believe people will go through tires in one night? You guys must spend a ton just on running the cars let alone buying and maintaining them.

Is my math right here? I'm guessing anyone so into this would race more then one class so....

$20 first class $10 for next. At least $15 for wheels/tires/foams. Multiply this by how many times you race and your looking at over $100 a month just racing? Am I right here? Let alone practice track time and anything else. OMG I'll still to less traction for now and maybe some firmer tires HAHAHA
I'd love to be able to spend just $15 for a set of wheele/tires/foams ... More like $15+$10+$7 (2 tires+foams+wheels)

Your front tires will last you a few weeks and run on when pretty bald. Make sure you rotate them as the track has more right turns than left so you'll see uneven wear.

That why I personally started running slicks. They look as bald at the end of the evening as they did at the start
Old 06-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

The Entry Fees are $20 for the first class and $15 every other class. It's also posted on the first page of this thread.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by san.
The Entry Fees are $20 for the first class and $15 every other class. It's also posted on the first page of this thread.
Got ya. Sorry not sure where I got the $10 from.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh no...Bea continuously reminds me how slow I am...lol I would say Maizer, AJ, BBQ, Ron, Bless, Stevey, Ramos, Lombardi, Francis and a few others (in no particular order) are some fast guys.
Don't forget Maizer and a few others use Schumacher yellow mini pins as well.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tobamiester
That why I personally started running slicks. They look as bald at the end of the evening as they did at the start
Nice
Old 06-04-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh, will those Schumacher Mini Pin tires fit on Durango wheels? I would think yes but I'll a little out of my element right now with buggies.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Lord

Oh, will those Schumacher Mini Pin tires fit on Durango wheels? I would think yes but I'll a little out of my element right now with buggies.
Yes. the DE rims are also a good choice for your 210. Aldo usually has them in stock.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

I'd rather learn to drive on slicks which feel the same run to run than burn up a new set of tires that will feel different at 100%, 60%, 30% and bald. Not to mention fade during the race as they run down.

The track is very abrasive. Think painted concrete before dirt. Slicks have run very well for me on short course and stadium.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I concur with most of the comments regarding slicks on 2wd buggy. Yes, the run is consistent. Yes, the wear is minimal. Yes, it makes the buggy easier to drive. But, they are not the choice to produce the most laps during the main.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

I concur with most of the comments regarding slicks on 2wd buggy. Yes, the run is consistent. Yes, the wear is minimal. Yes, it makes the buggy easier to drive. But, they are not the choice to produce the most laps during the main.
That only matters if you want to win.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.