Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/16th SCT help

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Losi 1/16th SCT help

I was racing at an on road track the other day and when i went to make a right hand turn,the servo stuck to the right and it wouldnt release..so i went home and messed with it and it turns left and right very slowly now and it still gets stuck every once in awhile...so question is,does anyone know about this truck and what servo replacement i can get for it?? money isnt an issue as long as i can get it running again..this thing is so much fun
Old 02-13-2013, 06:09 AM
Tech Initiate

You might try checking the posts of the steering rack. Mine came out of box completely bound up. There are raised areas that hold the posts that the steering pivots around. It took some adjusting to get the bind out.

Do a search for replacement servo for losi mini sct on google and will give you the options. Some are direct replacement, some require some mounting holes to be drilled in the servo tab. There are two savers from Losi, one for the Hitec 55, need to drill as the servo has one mounting hole to the stock two.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB1226

I have this one on a Hitec HS5055, same footprint of the 55 but is metal gear.
Amain hobbies has the servo and the losi saver.

I had a hell of a time getting the saver on, maybe someone has a better technique. Compressing the spring while trying to get the E-clip on was not fun. Also, getting to the servo requires alot of disassembly. Make sure you have plenty of time before starting or you will likely run out of time and have a harder time remembering where everything goes.

If your driving it alot, you likely will be wearing tires quickly. Driven Products makes hex adapters (Mini T hex adapters) so you can run Traxxas 1/16 tires and if offroading you can check out the tires for the new 1/14 scale vehicles (Tacon, Vaterra). The stock rear Mini SCT tires do not last long.

I did some more looking and the general consensus is that the HS5065 is a direct fit and works with the hitec servo saver from Losi. It supposedly has the right holes that mount right up. I do not own one, so I cannot confirm.

Last edited by txhookey; 02-14-2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: added info