Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

My Emb was leading comfortably until marshalled wrong twice by the same guy.

Still another EMB won anyways
Old 08-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can you give the title of the video so I can search it? The links just taking me to you tubes homepage on my phone and my daughter pulled my MacBook Pro apart:/ so phone is my only option
Old 08-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by amd936
Can you give the title of the video so I can search it? The links just taking me to you tubes homepage on my phone and my daughter pulled my MacBook Pro apart:/ so phone is my only option
"Wycombe Micro 'A' Final 4/8/14" on youtube
Old 08-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Wish there was more 1/14 buggy racing on dirt. Seems to be alot of these on indoor artificial tracks. which isnt a bad thing but dirt is meant for racing!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Like the track good driving! Thanks
Old 08-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by vines
Wish there was more 1/14 buggy racing on dirt. Seems to be alot of these on indoor artificial tracks. which isnt a bad thing but dirt is meant for racing!
you need some pretty well prepared dirt tracks for a 1/14 not to bounce all over the place.. these are common in the USA but very rare to find in Europe because the maintenance costs are so high
Old 08-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

found my vids racing in the US at SDRC

I raced at "storm valley" with my LC until it closed recently, which was indoor clay,we defo need more of that on this side of the atlantic!!

http://youtu.be/HvoZFl3L3xo
http://youtu.be/3naV1IZKJRE
Old 09-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Motor Options

Hi all,

I have changed the standard motor for a Castle 0808 motor not really liking the motor think that it is a little under powered for the 1/14 scale.

what would be a good alternative really do not want to get the traxxas Velineon. just thinking that the can size in mini would just take up too much space

Jac
Old 09-09-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaccursley
Hi all,

I have changed the standard motor for a Castle 0808 motor not really liking the motor think that it is a little under powered for the 1/14 scale.

what would be a good alternative really do not want to get the traxxas Velineon. just thinking that the can size in mini would just take up too much space

Jac
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Inrunner.html

It'll be longer than the factory motor with a lower kv, but that means you'll be able to gear up too. Keep a close eye on the ESC temps if you still have the stock one though. Oh, and you'll have to move the receiver IIRC. I have that motor in my Tacon Valor and it's an excellent motor.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

Jac
The stock motor is a pretty good motor to be honest, but I use a leopard 2838 4 pole 5200kv and it out performs the stock motor, I use 19t pinion
http://www.smartteknik.se/uk/brushle...kv-4-pole.html

Si
Old 09-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Hi all,

Jac
I use a leopard 2845 motor in 4700kv. Allows use of bigger pinions but they make different (higher) KV's if you want to go that way. Only thing is the shaft is 4mm so you have to bore out the pinions.

Also if anyone is in need of a working stock system, I'm selling mine:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tor-combo.html
Old 09-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default EMB-1 has landed...

FedEx dropped off my LC Racing EMB-1 yesterday. The box sat in my garage til today as I didn't have time to get to it, but alas, now I have

Even though I'm here in the USA, I opted for the EMB-1 over the Soar, but basically same thing. Comes with clear body and wing. Got some spare parts just in case.

The last picture is after I soldered an XT60 connector to the ESC. Also ran a 3s lipo for a while on the street...pretty wicked f-a-s-t!

The quality of this thing is significantly better than my Turnigy 1/16th buggy. Looking forward to running it more this weekend.

EDIT: Added photo of EMB-1 painted.
Attached Thumbnails LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread-box-parts-medium-.jpg   LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread-1emb-medium-.jpg   LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread-4emb-medium-.jpg   LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread-3s_xt60-medium-.jpg   LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread-20140915_130228-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by lightrules; 09-16-2014 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Got my EMB 1-H from Atomik today. After going over the usual rtr pre run inspection. I added a pre painted body with vent holes trimmed the battery holders to accomadate SPC 2500mah 2s batteries and added a CRT.5 high downforce wing. It was time to give it hell and I ran three packs. This little thing is awesome took all I could throw at it. No breakage at all. Jumps great and is very quick. I was able to reach 31.5mph with the 2s lipo which is plenty fast for this buggy. More than happy with this purchase.
Attached Thumbnails LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread-emb-001.jpg   LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread-emb-002.jpg  
Old 09-30-2014, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightrules
FedEx dropped off my LC Racing EMB-1 yesterday. The box sat in my garage til today as I didn't have time to get to it, but alas, now I have

Even though I'm here in the USA, I opted for the EMB-1 over the Soar, but basically same thing. Comes with clear body and wing. Got some spare parts just in case.

The last picture is after I soldered an XT60 connector to the ESC. Also ran a 3s lipo for a while on the street...pretty wicked f-a-s-t!

The quality of this thing is significantly better than my Turnigy 1/16th buggy. Looking forward to running it more this weekend.

EDIT: Added photo of EMB-1 painted.
Why did you choose the LMB over the Tacon? Simply because of the clear body and white wheels? I don't see anything else that is different.

The body looks sick in black! I'm going to have to do that!

Where did you get those wheels and tires in the painted picture? Thanks.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Why did you choose the LMB over the Tacon? Simply because of the clear body and white wheels? I don't see anything else that is different.

The body looks sick in black! I'm going to have to do that!

Where did you get those wheels and tires in the painted picture? Thanks.
The Tacon Soar and LC Racing EMB-1 are essentially the same car. The Soar is the official USA model sold mainly by NitroRCX here in so-Cal. But I opted for the EMB-1 just due to preferences: rather deal with Atomik RC, had a coupon code, liked the clear shell (so I could paint it), like the white rims, etc. Performance-wise they should be identical.

The wheel/tire set comes from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/4PCS-Speed-R...-/181089227924

You just have to glue them yourself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.