Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 03:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks to all!

Hey guys. I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread going. I like that there is so much activity to keep me interested, since I don’t have any friends around to share the hobby with. So it’s nice to have an extended group to BS with about these awesome cars. I keep trying to get my daughter into it, but she is still pretty young.
Anyway, thanks for helping to keep it fun.
Backyard RC and gnfam like this.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hey

Hey ich habe seit 2 Tagen den lc truggy... Frage welche Elektronik benutzt ihr
Ich habe ein tenshock Motor und ein quicrun regler
Regler geht plötzlich nicht mehr
Er zeigt Gas an gibt aber an Motor kein Strom ab
Old 02-02-2021, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I must of had mine now for 4 years and still runs great doing double duty as a track car and basher. Seeing all the posts here confirms that everyone else is having fun and getting good use from theirs as well.

just mounted a camera to it in hopes of getting more track footage.

Backyard RC likes this.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yak22
Hey guys. I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread going. I like that there is so much activity to keep me interested, since I don’t have any friends around to share the hobby with. So it’s nice to have an extended group to BS with about these awesome cars. I keep trying to get my daughter into it, but she is still pretty young.
Anyway, thanks for helping to keep it fun.
Same here. Heck, I don't even have an LC Racing vehicle at the moment. I subscribed to the thread back when I still had a WLToys 144001 b/c I was curious about the differences. I've since sold the 144001 and I have a Reflex 14b (w/ LC racing wheels/tires lol) and a half a dozen other RC's, but like you I mostly bash by myself. Actually got into the hobby a little over a year ago b/c of my 10yr old son, but he's lost interest and just wants to play video games with his friends or skateboard. I'm trying pretty hard to get my 6yr old daughter into it. She likes to build and tinker more than my son does. This is our latest project together. Now if I can just get her hooked on the driving part . . .

Backyard RC likes this.
Old 02-04-2021, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by gnfam
Same here. Heck, I don't even have an LC Racing vehicle at the moment. I subscribed to the thread back when I still had a WLToys 144001 b/c I was curious about the differences. I've since sold the 144001 and I have a Reflex 14b (w/ LC racing wheels/tires lol) and a half a dozen other RC's, but like you I mostly bash by myself. Actually got into the hobby a little over a year ago b/c of my 10yr old son, but he's lost interest and just wants to play video games with his friends or skateboard. I'm trying pretty hard to get my 6yr old daughter into it. She likes to build and tinker more than my son does. This is our latest project together. Now if I can just get her hooked on the driving part . . .
Thats funny, my daughter would love that. She is also into 'tinkering' so I think there is hope that she'll get more into it. She's only 6 after all.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Probably a silly question, but do the longer wheelbase models have more room for a bigger battery pack?

Also are the SCT's sold as kits or are they RTR only? Would like to build a kit if possible.
Old 02-10-2021, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

You can fit a longer battery in the 225mm wheelbase cars. You can get the truggy kit and the few extra parts to make it a sct. I haven't seen a kit specific to the sct.
Raguvian likes this.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Backyard RC
You can fit a longer battery in the 225mm wheelbase cars. You can get the truggy kit and the few extra parts to make it a sct. I haven't seen a kit specific to the sct.
Thanks for the info! Is there a list of parts needed to convert the truggy into an SCT? I would imagine quite a bit, including body mounts, body, wheels & tires, arms and bumpers.

I like that the kit does come with some extra upgrades over the RTR as well. I might just stick to getting a truggy and maybe convert it down the line if I want to rebuild it later.

Is there any other place to get the kit from other than riptiderc that is out of stock or lcracing.net which is considerably more expensive?
Old 02-11-2021, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

I just got the desert buggy the other day. It's the first micro scale car I've bought in about a decade since the Losi mini-8ight first came out.
I forgot how fun these little guys were to rip around the neighborhood. I bought it mainly to have some fun with some old FPV gear that wasn't being used.

gnfam likes this.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Warren RC also sells them but they're also out of stock. https://casterracingmi.com/index.php...roduct_id=1754

That desert buggy looks like it's perfect for the FPV gear. I'm curious what it's like to drive it.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raguvian
Thanks for the info! Is there a list of parts needed to convert the truggy into an SCT? I would imagine quite a bit, including body mounts, body, wheels & tires, arms and bumpers.
WarrenRC is another seller (and of course NITRORCX for tacon branded versions)
https://casterracingmi.com/index.php...egory&path=173

WarrenRC used to sell the shortcourse as a kit as well - you might reach out to . Its not a long list - I converted my sct to a truggy...was maybe 30 bucks....body mounts - yes, body-yes, wheels & tires-yes, arms-no they are the same and bumpers-yes - also there are sideguards but you dont need them.

Raguvian likes this.
Old 02-11-2021, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sacmiata
WarrenRC is another seller (and of course NITRORCX for tacon branded versions)
https://casterracingmi.com/index.php...egory&path=173

WarrenRC used to sell the shortcourse as a kit as well - you might reach out to . Its not a long list - I converted my sct to a truggy...was maybe 30 bucks....body mounts - yes, body-yes, wheels & tires-yes, arms-no they are the same and bumpers-yes - also there are sideguards but you dont need them.
Thanks for the info! It looks like all the Tacon versions are RTR only, which is a no go for me. I'll reach out to WarrenRC and see if they'll sell me an SCT conversion kit.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know the best place to order LC rc cars in Canada?
Old 02-12-2021, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

I found this doing a search for LC Racing Canada. Bangood and RCMart also came up.
https://canada.desertcart.com/brands/lc%20racing.
Old 02-12-2021, 05:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Backyard RC
I found this doing a search for LC Racing Canada. Bangood and RCMart also came up.
https://canada.desertcart.com/brands/lc%20racing.
$750 Canadian for a Desert Truck, $554 for a metal gear servo. I'm not in Canada, but I really hope those are typos. Everything is marked out of stock, so it's a moot point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.