Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2020, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Ag100
I signed up here https://shop.lcracing.net/blogs/news

the code was for spare parts, so don’t think you would have got it off a kit/RTR.

but the codes are :8% off Spare Parts

Use code: 8LC at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order.

20% off Spare Parts on orders of USD60 or more

Use code: 20LC at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order. Requires minimum purchase of $60.00
Offer valid Oct 31, 2020 - Dec 1, 2020

25% off Spare Parts on orders of USD170 or more

Use code: 25LC at checkout, or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order. Requires minimum purchase of $170.00
Offer valid Oct 31, 2020 - Dec 1, 2020
Thank you for this. Thank you!
Old 11-28-2020, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

NEW PRODUCT RELEASE (Links below)
Hey guys and gals, we are pleased to announce the release of the LC Racing LC12B1 Chassis skin, many thanks to Cris Oxley for his help with the development and loaning his chassis for us to get the perfect fit. We are so proud to have such kind and supportive customers who go out their way to help our brand grow.
If you are interested in helping us develop a particular product, then please get in touch, we are always open for ideas and bringing unique products to you all.
STOCK CHASSIS SKINS: https://tkrgraphics.com/shop-1/ols/c...QhFRfSHU7zuqKI
CUSTOM CHASSIS SKINS: https://tkrgraphics.com/shop-1/ols/p...NYbQJ32QSFW1HE

More details:
Old 12-11-2020, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Are there any pre-mounted monster truck tires that will fit on this?
Old 12-11-2020, 07:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Red13
Are there any pre-mounted monster truck tires that will fit on this?
I believe these would fit:

Pro-Line Trencher 2.2 on Desperado Wheels

I have the same wheels with the sling shot sand tires coming tomorrow. Fingers crossed they fit.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

The Trenchers are a little bit too tall for the chassis to touch the ground at full compression. 85mm is about as tall as you can go without using hex extensions. They're also very heavy which will tax your servo and drive line, slipper clutch. You can probably get away with running the Slingshots if you're running them in sand.
LC Racing has some monster truck tires and they're very light. https://riptiderc.com/shop/ols/produ...-12mm-hex-2pcs
I used the 1.9" crawler tires from the Team Associated CR12 and I liked them a lot. They're a little taller than 85mm but they squish down easily. https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...c41055/p943942
I also saw these tires for a 1/16 vehicle at Nitrorcx. There are no dimensions listed so it would be a slight gamble to buy them. https://www.nitrorcx.com/51c00-82705.html
You can also cut down a tire to be the right diameter.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToDumToNo
I believe these would fit:

Pro-Line Trencher 2.2 on Desperado Wheels

I have the same wheels with the sling shot sand tires coming tomorrow. Fingers crossed they fit.
The Slingshot 2.2s fit pretty well. They are a bit large (overall, and importantly in diameter) and a bit heavy. My stock motor was running very hot and I am having to gear down several teeth to compensate for the new tires. This was on the desert truck so the motor is shorter than on the truggy.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run 2.2 Trenchers on mine and I have no issues with the chassis touching the ground at full compression. Also I have zero issues with my servo, slipper clutch or drivetrain.
Backyard RC likes this.
Old 12-11-2020, 10:31 PM
Tech Initiate

I think I might try the trenchers. Thanks for all your replies!!!
Old 12-12-2020, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the display. My experience with the Trenchers was on the Mini 8ight and I thought it was the same for LC Racing too since the dimensions are the same.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by smirkracing
The Slingshot 2.2s fit pretty well. They are a bit large (overall, and importantly in diameter) and a bit heavy. My stock motor was running very hot and I am having to gear down several teeth to compensate for the new tires. This was on the desert truck so the motor is shorter than on the truggy.
I’ll be running these in the snow on a 225mm wheelbase MT so it has the 2838 4500kv motor. What did you have to gear down to? I was thinking about a 15T.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have any of you guys seen the "review" of the EMB-1 that the Rc Saylors did? I always had a slight dislike for their channel but that video was just the final nail in the coffin for me. And omg the comments I am just at a loss of words on those.
Old 12-13-2020, 05:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by slick2500
Have any of you guys seen the "review" of the EMB-1 that the Rc Saylors did? I always had a slight dislike for their channel but that video was just the final nail in the coffin for me. And omg the comments I am just at a loss of words on those.
When I was getting into RC not too long ago I watched a lot of YouTube videos about pretty much anything RC. Of course their channel was frequently in my search results. There was always something off about the two of them that bugged me to no end. I could never figure out what it was, but I couldn’t stand to watch anymore and ended up blocking their channel.
gnfam likes this.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ToDumToNo
I’ll be running these in the snow on a 225mm wheelbase MT so it has the 2838 4500kv motor. What did you have to gear down to? I was thinking about a 15T.
I could not get temps under control even with a smaller pinion so I just put in a larger motor (2850) with slightly lower kv (4000).

In your case the cold outdoor temps will obviously help but of course running through snow is a lot of work.

Stock pinion is 17t so I think you might need to get down to 13t. The paddles are much larger than stock tires so at 15t your final drive ratio is still taller than stock.

Also, the paddle tires are quite heavy so you are spinning a lot of mass at high speed.

All of that said, the performance is fantastic.

Old 12-13-2020, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

I'm not a fan of their channel. I watched some of it (not all 20 minutes) and clicked out once the first commercial started. They seemed a little biased before the run even started, calling it "Ridiculously priced". By the way, who pays $230 for the EMB-1H?
slick2500 and gnfam like this.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, I was really turned off. I've only been in the hobby for about a year, but I've seen quite a few of their videos. I used to feel sympathetic when I learned about their drama w/ Traxxas. But I've seen them do other videos that really seem like they were intentionally trying to make another product look bad -either that or they really don't know what they're talking about. I understand trying to speak to a budget-minded audience, but this video was ridiculous. I think you and I both commented on the video. Reviewing a race buggy from the lens of an off-road basher borders on misleading. I used to have a WLToys 144001 and my wing shattered just like their emb-1 in the video when I tried to run it on an indoor clay track. But I also stripped the rear diff and broke a front spindle. But yeah, I'm done with their channel as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.