Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
I am blown away that Kyosho manages to stay in business. >

I am blown away that Kyosho manages to stay in business.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I am blown away that Kyosho manages to stay in business.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

i picked the xmod because the chassis was a better set up then the ma-010Yea the electronics sucked but i changed them and i did not have to worry about my chassis cracking motor over heating and melting the chassis and put a nickle on the other side of the chassis.also i made the radio better Lets see you take a xmod take it apart blue print it and make it 99% perfect.

on the mini z buggy it breaks dog bones on stock motor.Im running brushless and lipo with noproblems at all
Originally Posted by oXYnary
Not going to say whom it was as was told in private. Not my place to give away identity. If you feel strongly about PN ask them. Thats what I was doing with this other company.

Forgive me if I doubt your drivetrain is as accurate as the Z. I hope though you did the reflex mod even though they have been out of those parts for months. Before your truggy was released.

Also forgive me if someone who chose an xmod over a 1st generation Z awd attempting to use junk to describe it; I find laughable. Moreover showing no racer heritage.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

You can keep your kyosho and your losi this is better then both of them LOL

This thing is 2.4 and pretty quick out the box for only 56.00 dollars.also they have metal diffs for an upgrade.

Im ending this they are both good cars but i just wish for the money that kyosho is selling them for they could have gave a little more like metal dogs,threaded shocks and they should of made the chassis stronger thank god they did not use that smoked plastic that cracked when u looked at it wrong.

I would like to see losi making this chassis better and more companies to make parts not GPM because they suck...so have a nice day losi 1st kyosho s2nd
Attached Thumbnails I am blown away that Kyosho manages to stay in business.-sumo.jpg  
Old 05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

All I have to say to you oXYnary is guy's say the mini Z buggy beats the stock losi brushed versions it's faster... well i just purchased 2 losi's brushless sct and rally version and i ran them on the stock 4.8v battery and on 2S lipo... now i picked up a losi micro truggy first one i got with a brushed motor you know the ones you kyosho mini Z buggy guy's say your buggys are faster than... and with the stock battery the thing is a JOKE it's so slow it's pathettic if you guy's are saying your mini Z buggys are a little faster than this it's a compleate joke you can keep the mini Z buggy then it must really stink! the stock brushed losi micros are so slow they are boring to drive I swear on the brushless version with the stock Nimh battery it goes probably 2 to 3 times faster and on 2S lipo for get about it!!

It's no wonder you can drive your mini Z buggy better it must be a DOG if it bairly beats a stock brushed losi!! LOL!!!

And it should sound smoother when it's going as fast as a toys R us toy goes!!

I have no problems with my losi cars on lipo at all and another thing the noise on the losi comes from the center shaft gear that's it because it's a little out of round this gear...buy a after market one and it gets silky smooth... even if you adjust the gear mesh with the stock one it becomes much smoother than out of the box.

To each is own i like the losi you like the kyosho we will leave it at that.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

LOL , you are right , I never race , and would never dream of arguing with someone who races Mini Z's .

Your vast knowledge of R/C humbles this old man and I bow too your superior intellect over tiny toy cars !

I one finger salute you sir !

Last edited by BashemSmashem; 05-24-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bosco72
You can keep your kyosho and your losi this is better then both of them LOL

This thing is 2.4 and pretty quick out the box for only 56.00 dollars.also they have metal diffs for an upgrade.

Im ending this they are both good cars but i just wish for the money that kyosho is selling them for they could have gave a little more like metal dogs,threaded shocks and they should of made the chassis stronger thank god they did not use that smoked plastic that cracked when u looked at it wrong.

I would like to see losi making this chassis better and more companies to make parts not GPM because they suck...so have a nice day losi 1st kyosho s2nd
Is that the redcat that comes with no bearings, no oil shocks, and has the batteries up the side for a high cg!?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by reptile
All I have to say to you oXYnary is guy's say the mini Z buggy beats the stock losi brushed versions it's faster... well i just purchased 2 losi's brushless sct and rally version and i ran them on the stock 4.8v battery and on 2S lipo... now i picked up a losi micro truggy first one i got with a brushed motor you know the ones you kyosho mini Z buggy guy's say your buggys are faster than... and with the stock battery the thing is a JOKE it's so slow it's pathettic if you guy's are saying your mini Z buggys are a little faster than this it's a compleate joke you can keep the mini Z buggy then it must really stink! the stock brushed losi micros are so slow they are boring to drive I swear on the brushless version with the stock Nimh battery it goes probably 2 to 3 times faster and on 2S lipo for get about it!!

It's no wonder you can drive your mini Z buggy better it must be a DOG if it bairly beats a stock brushed losi!! LOL!!!

And it should sound smoother when it's going as fast as a toys R us toy goes!!

I have no problems with my losi cars on lipo at all and another thing the noise on the losi comes from the center shaft gear that's it because it's a little out of round this gear...buy a after market one and it gets silky smooth... even if you adjust the gear mesh with the stock one it becomes much smoother than out of the box.

To each is own i like the losi you like the kyosho we will leave it at that.
All you did above was prove the Losi is the better basher. Something I have agreed with since the beg. Your very ignorant to attempt to claim its the speed alone for the sound. That video had both w stock motors. Even if they both naturally make more sound at higher RPMs, logic dictates it should be an additional dcb level for both. So if the Truck is already loud..

BTW Not a smart idea to mix a brass pinion with an Aluminum spur. Or worse a plastic pinion. Im sure you will ignore me because I dare to point out that the Losi is more toyish than the z. How dare I say its a better basher vs racer! Or that the Asf is faster thsn dsm1!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

The redcat comes 2.4 now? I heard the old am radio was one of worst if not the worst ever RTR radio
Old 05-24-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
LOL , you are right , I never race , and would never dream of arguing with someone who races Mini Z's .

Your vast knowledge of R/C humbles this old man and I bow too your superior intellect over tiny toy cars !

I one finger salute you sir !
Thank you. ;-)
Old 05-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Your the man and what type of RC's run on regular cell batteries TOYS!
It's a no brainer you get 45min run time because the thing is so slow and don't draw any current it lasts for ever!!

You keep your Kyosho if i wanted a 12MPH mini i would have purchased any micro scale rc toy at toys R us!!

Like i said i like losi you like kyosho..leave it at that....

All you did above was prove the Losi is the better basher. Something I have agreed with since the beg. Your very ignorant to attempt to claim its the speed alone for the sound. That video had both w stock motors. Even if they both naturally make more sound at higher RPMs, logic dictates it should be an additional dcb level for both. So if the Truck is already loud..

BTW Not a smart idea to mix a brass pinion with an Aluminum spur. Or worse a plastic pinion. Im sure you will ignore me because I dare to point out that the Losi is more toyish than the z. How dare I say its a better basher vs racer! Or that the Asf is faster thsn dsm1!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thank you. ;-)

No prob ! BTW , I race 1/8 buggy/truggy and 4x4 SCT almost every Sunday and yes you ARE a K car fanboy . Do you even own anything besides mini/micros ?

I will be thinking of you oXYnary next time I jump the 30 ft quad at the track I run at
Old 05-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Got rid of 1/10th a decade+ ago. Closest these days is 1/12th. Though 1/5th bikes have caught my eye.

PS: Mini Inferno was a POS.

Last edited by oXYnary; 05-24-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Yea it does not even do 15MPH with a 30.00 dollar motor.Also it does not even sound smooth & the body breaks on that little turn over what a 300.00 junk.I'll keep my losi truggy that will smoke it in every way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUbLOwTMpLI
Old 06-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

You're trolling Bosco. We all said our points and you wait for weeks later to bring it up again.

1. Bull about the upgraded motor
2. Bull about the drivetrain. Even videos showed difference.
3. Optima body does crack around silly rear holder. Laser does not easily and Atomic offers rear graphite shocktower that changes to body clip.

Congrats! All you have shown is you know nothing from real experience owning such. You must have some sort of micro envy to continually try to diss this platform.

Bosco... the micro troll.

I also already posted that video.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

im a micro troll ....why is it that your on mini z racer complaining about the mini z buggy.All i did was put a vid up that i just found on you tube.I think i'll take atomic mods words over yours.It's slow and you spent double the money for a junk.I just don't want guys spending tons of money thinking it's such a great buggy because it's not.I don't care how much bling you put on it it's still slow.

also find what troll stands for this is not a mini z forum
Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Bosco72 does have a point here...I for one after seeing this video am sure glad i did not drop almost $300.00 on the kyosho that's for sure!!
My findings after seeng this video

1 slow as a snail

2 slow as a snail with $30.00 motor

3 sounds no smoother than any losi i heard

4 it sure bounces around badly even at 8 to 14mph you can see this in the video demo.. I surly can't see this thing going 30 MPH like the losi as i never see mine hopping around like the one in the video even when it's going close to 30MPH.

5 I bet if you put the mini Z buggy on a scale ready to run with batteries it would be much more weight than the losi.. hence why it bounces up and down easy bottoming out alot causing it to hop.

6 And it's no wonder you say you have better contol with it if my losi was that slow i can drive on a foot wide track!

7 Highly saught after for minis atomic mods says it's very slow even with a hop up motor and they also say it's feels heavy and also said it broke the body in one flip.... and he sells them and fixes them and makes parts for em... so i think he knows what he is doing...again anyone who sees the video and has a losi will all say the same the kyosho looks like a toys R us toy in compairson.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.