Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC18b2 conversion??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default RC18b2 conversion??

I bought a rc18b2 rtr kit and want to convert it to a rc18r is this possible and what parts do i need other than body and wheels any help would be great thanks! also to convert it to a rct2 would i just need a truck body,wheels,tires,and truck shock towers?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mean-gene
I bought a rc18b2 rtr kit and want to convert it to a rc18r is this possible and what parts do i need other than body and wheels any help would be great thanks! also to convert it to a rct2 would i just need a truck body,wheels,tires,and truck shock towers?
You will need:
Suspension Arms (SC18 arms are the same, and they come with a sway bar ballstud already molded on them)
Turnbuckles or RTR Links
Dogbones AND Stub Axles OR CVDs
Rear Shocks (hint-they are the same as T/B fronts)
Shock Towers
Body Mounts
Body
Wheels and Tires( I prefer 3racing 18R tires over Associated)

The T2 uses the same as B2 on everything except, Front Shock Tower, Front Tires, Body. Rear shock tower and tires are the same.
Just for good measure, the SC18 uses everything from the 18R, but with the SC body and Tires.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the info! i wasnt sure if the b2 differed much from the original 18b. if anyone else has any info or have done it themselves please let me know!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

All arms and suspension parts are the same, wheelbase is slightly longer on the newer cars so you will need to trim the bodies slightly.