Wiki Posts
Search

Not Sure What Im Looking For?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Not Sure What Im Looking For?

Sorry this might be a little long.

I just got back into the R/C hobby after about 5 years. I have always been a nitro person and jumped right back to that. BUT, I always kept a mini electric for indoors(Weather/Season/ECT...)I had the HPI Micro RS4 and loved it to death. Yet now I have found out that it has been discontinued and parts are just as hard to find. I have been reading around and trying to keep up, But I would like to know what would be a good indoor 1/18 car to get? I liked the HPI and am still looking for something close, but I liked the detail(Bodies/Rims/Tires/ECT...) and the mass aftermarket that came with it.
I am looking for something that I can drift around inside and maybe chase the dog with I have read up on Associated, Duratrax, Losi, and Xray.(I cant stand the Mini Z's(sorry guys)) I would like a car no truggys buggys or trucks I get that with my nitros. So is there a micro/mini out there that is like the old Micro RS4 or am I hunting a lost cause?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up 1/18 car

What seems to be the one to get comparing to the micro rs4 is the Xray M18. They have a pro version and a rtr depends what you want to do. It is close in size and pleanty of locals have them. Another option would be a rc18 rally more and more people are getting them. Hope this helps: tire:
Old 11-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks...I am just looking for soething to drift inside and chase the dog around with lol. I cannot find anything about the rc18 ralley or even see it on the website.

Any more info or opinions would be great.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dill004
Thanks...I am just looking for soething to drift inside and chase the dog around with lol. I cannot find anything about the rc18 ralley or even see it on the website.

Any more info or opinions would be great.
Check on Tower or horizon hobby thats where i have seen them Rc18r
Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You have a few options.
HPI Cup Racer - There is a dedicated drift version too, but this is a kit.
Traxxas Rally or Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta
Duratrax Vendetta TC or Vendetta Rally
Old 11-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Jato..I didnt even think about the new cup racer...a kit dosent bother me because I still have all the electronics form my Micro RS4.

I am still looking and reading so thanks guys for all the input and pointing me in a better direction.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The electronics from your micro rs4 wouldnt work in the cup racer, it uses standard size stuff. However they are real nice cars. A little bigger but more versatile Id say.

The xray m18 would be your best bet if you wanted the exact same size. You could use your electronics which would be good, and its still around and going strong so lots of part availability, and tons of upgrades.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Wish they'd bring back micro rs4 I just got into the hobby only to find.that this the perfect car for me was discontinued got a merv instead