Wiki Posts
Search

RC18B with HS-5065MG HELP??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default RC18B with HS-5065MG HELP??

Hey does anyone have a pic of the rc18b with HS-5065MG fittted i am having trouble with the mounting!! Whats the trick?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

dude that's so easy it shouldn't even be a problem

when i had a 65 I attached the two little square blocks and drilled new holes in the chassis
Old 05-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is an associated servo saver kit made for Hitec servos. Use that. The center screw will be a problem. The thread is an odd metric thread that. I've heard that if you contact Hitec they will send you the proper screw. I found a screw in my parts box that kind of worked.

Use washers or spacers with the supplied mounting blocks to place the servo saver as close to the stock location as possible to keep the steering geometry correct.

Also look into using a shock spring coil on the plastic servo saver C clip to strengthen the servo saver. With metal gears you don't need to worry as much. Once it works it's a great servo.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kdonks
There is an associated servo saver kit made for Hitec servos. Use that. The center screw will be a problem. The thread is an odd metric thread that. I've heard that if you contact Hitec they will send you the proper screw. I found a screw in my parts box that kind of worked.

Use washers or spacers with the supplied mounting blocks to place the servo saver as close to the stock location as possible to keep the steering geometry correct.

Also look into using a shock spring coil on the plastic servo saver C clip to strengthen the servo saver. With metal gears you don't need to worry as much. Once it works it's a great servo.
You can also tap the hole out to 2.5mm, then finding hardware is easy. OR you can put in a karbonite gear set from the 65HB, then you could use the screw supplied with the associated kit