Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Success!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This thing handles so good on packed snow!

And since Ive been running on mostly asphalt my tires are almost treadless.

I think Ill order some dirt hawgs.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clamber
This thing handles so good on packed snow!

And since Ive been running on mostly asphalt my tires are almost treadless.

I think Ill order some dirt hawgs.

Looks fun, and sounds like you're having a blast with it too! That's what it's all about! And finding out the solutions to your problems is part of the fun too, learning, experiencing, and getting to know your own personal vehicle inside and out. Just take some more time to look it over, compare sides, try to keep things symmetrical, etc, etc. If you're serious, you'll find out what works and what doesn't with a little trial and error tinkering. If not, just keep your eye out for any broken components and replace them in a timely manner and you should keep rolling pretty good, depending on just how big your snow kicker really is though! haha!
Yeah, most rubber tires will grind down very fast when ripping hard on asphalt/concrete, get yourself some spares!

WFO7640, why you letting this guy stress you out so bad? Don't let it get to you so much, man.... He came to a public forum to discuss his rig, his situation, his problems, his questions, gain knowledge and answers... That's what happens with internet forums.

I agree though, I honestly don't believe a rear tire can still have positive camber with a turnbuckle all they way slammed, but seriously, if he wants to solve the problem bad enough he'll find the fix one way or another, whether you or I have a heart attack over his methods, or not!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by ShredSLED
WFO7640, why you letting this guy stress you out so bad? Don't let it get to you so much, man.... He came to a public forum to discuss his rig, his situation, his problems, his questions, gain knowledge and answers... That's what happens with internet forums.

I agree though, I honestly don't believe a rear tire can still have positive camber with a turnbuckle all they way slammed, but seriously, if he wants to solve the problem bad enough he'll find the fix one way or another, whether you or I have a heart attack over his methods, or not!
Honestly? It was just that he came in with some very basic problems, mainly due to his hurry to be able to run his truck, and instead of taking the advice of the people trying to help him and following through, he'd read about a quarter of it and come back with the same complaints and problems.
And then started complaining about the truck like it was the manufacturer's fault that he couldn't assemble a simple kit using directions printed plainly in English (made me wonder what a pickle he'd have been in with one of the old Tamiya kits with their Japanese-only instruction sheets and poor diagrams).
I don't mind helping people, but if they're going to show the attention span of an 8yo I guess I need to start backing off.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Clamber,
Did you measure your turnbuckles with a caliper? I recently built a FT RC18T for a friend and accidentally reversed the steering and camber turnbuckles. Once I corrected this mistake the truck turned out perfect. A caliper makes things like turnbuckles and linkages much easier.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Suspended

or

http://gnomecoder.files.wordpress.co...reen-ruler.png
Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

your also missing your top motor mount screw ,I take that back it looks like its broken off in the motor mount?? . thats the first thing my eye caught while checking out your rig. your someday going to replace the spur gear when that lower mount slips a little . And the cheap Ti turnbuckles that come with it do bend I have a right rear bent . i wont try to bend back it back either Ti is notorious for snapping off especially good Ti . The Ti buckles on the Ft 18 trucks is cheap stuff but at least its got it .
Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Looking at the picture it appears obvious that the rear turnbuckles are not the same on right and left. On right there is little thread showing on the left there are lots of thread. You said you had it threaded as far as it would go, this would mean the left is too long and must be the wrong turnbuckle.

As stated earlier measuring them is a good idea. It seems that the instructions for AE and Losi kits usually give the length of all assembled turnbuckles. May not be perfect but it puts you in the ball park if you use the correct parts.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I can see in the photos that one turn-buckle is longer than the other.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by factory team AE
your also missing your top motor mount screw ,I take that back it looks like its broken off in the motor mount??
+1

Originally Posted by nutz4rcyktw
Looking at the picture it appears obvious that the rear turnbuckles are not the same on right and left. On right there is little thread showing on the left there are lots of thread. You said you had it threaded as far as it would go, this would mean the left is too long and must be the wrong turnbuckle.

As stated earlier measuring them is a good idea.
+1
Old 01-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I put a wrong turnbuckle on, but I changed it and Im still having the same problem.

But its allright, I have to order a piece to get it back up and running and the wheel doenst seem to make a big difference.

And that screw jsut wasnt in yet after all the tearing apart.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Suspended

Yeah, I put a wrong turnbuckle on, but I changed it and Im still having the same problem.

unknown author ~ "Even God can't help those who can't help themselves"

Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Oi! STFU!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Suspended

nice!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

CLAMBER DONT GET MAD! THIS GUY SOUND TO ME AS IF HE WAS TRYING TO HELP SEEM LIKE HE KNOW A THING OR 2. ETEK GOT CALIBERS $20 IF YOUR GOING TO WRENCH AND A GOOD SET OF WRENCHES
Old 01-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Oi! STFU!
Rob can actually be pretty helpful when he wants to be, he does know his stuff. Anyway,

As far as the turnbuckles go.. the 2 long ones (the only 2 that are different than the other 4) are for the steering links. It ain't rocket science no need to get out the digital calipers and take precision measurements either. We're not talking a difference that's barely noticeable to the naked eye here, it's a night and day difference. Stevie Wonder could tell you they are 2 different lengths.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.