Mini Inferno half eight help !!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini Inferno half eight help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mini Inferno half eight help !!!

ok 2 years ago i think it is , i bought a mini inferno half eight white one, in the last month i got the dust off it and started playing it again ( im a noob at rc cars ) i recently wonted to put hop ons to my car and make it go faster.
but i was wondering if anyone can talk me through what i can do to get it fast and what hop ons i should get. also i wouldnt mind a nice body kit + a sexy set of rims :P

i am confused about :

what a speed controller is ? !!
what is the differents in a 1100 mah half eight batteries or a 2200 lipo batterie

what can i do to make it look sexy and make it fast

if you can give me ur msn / email / or anythink to help me in the future

also if ya can gimme a few links to some hop ons

Thanks, craig

Last edited by Mini^Inferno; 08-04-2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: i got some pictures
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Well, welcome back to RC and to the forums.
First off, the mini inferno isn't all that popular by today's mini standards. At least not in most parts of this country that I've visited anyway. That's not to say it isn't a good vehicle and capable of what you want it to do and be. The biggest drawback to Kyosho products is their local parts availability at your LHS (local hobby shop).
That being said......
It would be good to familiarize yourself with some of the lingo and jargon in RC. I'm pretty sure there's a glossary somewhere on this forum, there's one at tower and one in RC Action and Driver if I'm not mistaken.

To answer your first question, the speed control or ESC is what controls the motor on your buggy. Through electric power the vehicle has both acceleration and brakes through the motor. Some ESCs are reversible, some are not. Nowadays the biggest thing in RC is probably brushless motors and Lithium based battery cells. While both are far advanced from the old NiCD, NiMH and brushed motors, they are fairly cheap and readily available.

As far as batteries, the mah (miliamp hours) rating is an indicator of how long a battery should last under normal discharge. Lipos are the hot ticket, aforementioned, as they are lighter than their NiMH counterparts, while packing more punch per volt and lasting longer. the drawback.....Lipo/Limn cells are generally more expensive and are demand way more care in charging and discharging (this is a whole other ball o' wax)

If you want speed, go brushless with some good NiMH cells. If you want silly speed, go brushless with a 3 cell lipo. Here are a few linnks to get you started for hop-ups.

http://thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_cate...NO&action=list

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/kyosho...5_736_653.html
Old 08-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Default thanks for ur help man

i greatly thank u for ur help !

thing other thing is i am curious is what motor fit my mini inferno and there are some long lipo batteries that i highly doubt would fit in there either lol

what does a programming kit do and can i buy just the motor or do i need a speed controller and a ESC and all the combo

also what would be the most important hop ups first ?

and whats this big fake engine coming out the top of my car ( heatsink ) ?

also what size are my wheels if anyone knows

and i have no clue what connectors i need lol

Last edited by Mini^Inferno; 08-05-2008 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

as a former mini-inferno owner I recomend you visit thetoyz.com . They carry almost every hop-up you can imagine for the mini-inferno.There are so many hop-ups for these cars that you can build a car witthou ever using a stock part at all to build it!! The most common hop-ups for the mini-inferno are;
    Old 08-05-2008, 03:29 AM
    Tech Elite

Here are the pics of how my mini inferno ended up while I was racing it.As you can see it doesnt even look like the same car.It is a KM-RC chassis set with atomic ball diffs , and all gpm alloy(arms shock towers,shocks,sterring knuckles,R hub carriers), lrp micro comp2 speed control, and duratrax vr3 high rpm motor. running intellect 1400 mah 6 cell packs.I made this car bomb proof for racing. It took every thing I could throw at it and came back for more. Even won me multiple trophies and 3rd place overall in our state race series here in 06'.Killer car, it really bummed me out when mini racing died around here and I had no use for it anymore, I ended up selling it to a guy in sweden.

Last edited by 2wdMod; 12-12-2008 at 10:04 AM.
    Old 08-07-2008, 09:29 AM
    Tech Rookie

yeah my mini infernos a tough fucker in standard pieaces

and btw how fast did that beast go ?

and how much did u sell it for?

and a few questions about stuff :

1. can u tell me what the big thing near the pack of the car is
    where the fake dummie engine sits on

2. my batteries tend to fall back and push my case into my back wheels making it slower any idea what i could do ?

3. and my steering seems to just cut out for no reason a lot of the time any idea why?

4. can u gimme the exact link for your : suspension things (front and back) and ur motor / speed controller

5. how long can u run for with those batteries without recharging

Last edited by Mini^Inferno; 08-07-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    Old 08-10-2008, 05:09 AM
    Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mini^Inferno
    yeah my mini infernos a tough fucker in standard pieaces

and btw how fast did that beast go ?

and how much did u sell it for?

and a few questions about stuff :

1. can u tell me what the big thing near the pack of the car is
    where the fake dummie engine sits on

2. my batteries tend to fall back and push my case into my back wheels making it slower any idea what i could do ?

3. and my steering seems to just cut out for no reason a lot of the time any idea why?

4. can u gimme the exact link for your : suspension things (front and back) and ur motor / speed controller

5. how long can u run for with those batteries without recharging
    As pictured with the vr3 brushed motor it moved out pretty good, an easy 30+ mph.Shortly after these pics were taken i upgraded it to a tekin mini-rage brushless 6700kv system and at was pushing well over 40 mph.

the buggy sold for 350.00, but it had all the gear to change it over to the ST version with it, so you could run it as either a truck or a buggy.

1. The big thing under the fake engine head is the stock receiver/ esc unit. on the stock mini infernos the esc/ receiver are combined into 1 unit to save space.
    2.They make battery stops that bolt into the chassis to keep this from happening.
    3.Could be a number of things making the steering cut out. bad servo, a pinched servo lead wire. or when you voltage gets low it could just cut out under heavy accelleration load.
    4 sorry, its been a couple years since i built this car, just go to thetoyz.com and look under his mini inferno section and you will find all the alloy you could ever dream of in at least 3 different colors.
    5 As pictured the run time for a 6-cell pack was around 10-12 minutes.After I went brushless it went up to around 15 minutes. alot of that was due to the drivetrain efficiency being increased by the kmrc chassis eliminating the center gearbox that comes stock in the car.

hope I helped you out.
    Old 08-10-2008, 06:48 AM
    Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

That's def good advice. The Toyz has a load of aftermarket goods for these cars. This car was built almost entirely from parts from their store. It's not nearly as nice as 2wdMods buggy, but still a very fun runner, and once I get my motor changed out it will be even better.

Last edited by fastmax; 09-26-2009 at 08:42 PM.
    Old 08-11-2008, 01:44 AM
    Tech Rookie

Default ok

1. thanks for the advice mate

2. i ordered a new servo !

3. whats a lipo batterie and what do i need to upgrade to get on in to my car . and how long do they run for . and do i go any faster
    Old 08-12-2008, 05:36 AM
    Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

first of all my mini inferno is out of control. U need the novak mongoose bl esc and motor, then the multiplex polo digi 4 servo. Mip diffs,cvd's,and dog bones. 3raceing slipper gear. Then get kyosho aluminum shock towers, front knuckels and plenty of king pins they seem to fall out even with red locktight. Jconcepts makes a cool body. Last of all the kmrc kit it has a better slipper and does away with the stupid center diff. By the way the elite 1500 nimh bat or a max amps lipo 2200 with deans connectors. Any more ? Pm me or hunt out moreti his inferno is sick
    Old 09-18-2008, 12:16 AM
    Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What brushless motors are you guys running in the KMRC converted Mini Infernos? I just got one and the Mamba motor I bought for it is too small. I'd like to still use the Mamba ESC I bought if possible. Thanks for any help you guys can provide
    Old 09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
    Tech Master

Originally Posted by nsr250repsol
    What brushless motors are you guys running in the KMRC converted Mini Infernos? I just got one and the Mamba motor I bought for it is too small. I'd like to still use the Mamba ESC I bought if possible. Thanks for any help you guys can provide
    I run the novak mongoose bl its a 380 can sensored motor. it comes in a combo for 150$. you can get a 10.5, 8.5, or 13.5. The 10.5 is sufficiant enough in my opinion. although not sure if it will work on the mamba esc. you will also need the pinion gear from novak and what ever size you want to run is up to you. by the way the mini inferno comes with a 380 can motor so it fits right in...
    Old 09-18-2008, 11:55 PM
    Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Not to get off the subject. But If any knows where I can get a KM-RC chassis for the Mini Inferno I would love to know. I can not find any online.
    Or if anyone has a ARTR MI or MIST with the KM-RC chassis that they want to sell let me know.

Thanks
    Old 09-19-2008, 03:07 AM
    Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gweed
    I run the novak mongoose bl its a 380 can sensored motor. it comes in a combo for 150$. you can get a 10.5, 8.5, or 13.5. The 10.5 is sufficiant enough in my opinion. although not sure if it will work on the mamba esc. you will also need the pinion gear from novak and what ever size you want to run is up to you. by the way the mini inferno comes with a 380 can motor so it fits right in...
    Do you know of any 380 sized sensorless motors that will work with the Mamba pro ESC. I'd rather not spend another $150 if I don't have too.
    Old 09-19-2008, 09:28 AM
    Tech Master

sell the mamba and buy the novak. You want a senserd motor any way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.