Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OC/RC Raceway Mini Z track!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Well I see this group is changing/moving, but this is the most active Mini-Z thread on here so I thought I would post here.

Could someone give a good baseline setup for a 2.4 Mini-Z for use on RCP? I bought one recently and wanted to know where to start on the setup. I'll be running the PN 70 turn stock motor since that is what they run with the "stock" class locally. I already have bearings, ball diff, and 1 degree aluminum knuckles installed. Mainly looking for thoughts on tires, H plate, springs, and damper settings.

Also to add to the above conversation, I have a dNano that I've been running on a mini96 with expansion and it works great. A bit bumpy but I haven't done any work on the setup there yet. It's definitely fun for solo running on the standard mini96 2 tile width, and full racing is possible with the expansion and 3 tile width.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1st race

O.K. here's the deal. Race is in Huntington Beach at Edison park corner of Hamilton and Magnolia. Practice starts at 10:00 racing starts at 12:00. (2) classes. Stock PN70T any body. and beginner (No sandbagging) run what you brung. If you're a beginner please don't bring your buddies mod pancar not gonna fly. Any questions e-mail me [email protected] Race day will be Sunday May 17th.

Volunteers for set up and tear down are on a first come first serve basis. Volunteers will pay only half for their race fee!

Bruce Glick
EMG. Electic
Old 05-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Sorry.... Can't make it as it is too early for me as I have church. Maybe next time.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Bruce congrats man, great driving and thanks for setting this all up. Thanks to Grant as well. Very positive environment, anybody interrested in racing should feel welcome. Looking forward to the next race and hopefully we can organize the OC crowd to go out to Grant's.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

That's what I'm talkin about!

It was a lot of hard work but totally worth it.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miller_Time
Well I see this group is changing/moving, but this is the most active Mini-Z thread on here so I thought I would post here.

Could someone give a good baseline setup for a 2.4 Mini-Z for use on RCP? I bought one recently and wanted to know where to start on the setup. I'll be running the PN 70 turn stock motor since that is what they run with the "stock" class locally. I already have bearings, ball diff, and 1 degree aluminum knuckles installed. Mainly looking for thoughts on tires, H plate, springs, and damper settings.

Also to add to the above conversation, I have a dNano that I've been running on a mini96 with expansion and it works great. A bit bumpy but I haven't done any work on the setup there yet. It's definitely fun for solo running on the standard mini96 2 tile width, and full racing is possible with the expansion and 3 tile width.

Thanks!
Depends on wheelbase....
If running 94, I run Med carbon H plate, and the PN DPS with green/green springs. 2 deg camber up front...stock springs. Stiffen the front up if you want less steering.

For 98, I run a soft rear H plate, same DPS settings. PN orange front springs. I found that 98 oddly gives quicker turn in, so I can live with a softer rear end to keep it more stable.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boro92
Depends on wheelbase....
If running 94, I run Med carbon H plate, and the PN DPS with green/green springs. 2 deg camber up front...stock springs. Stiffen the front up if you want less steering.

For 98, I run a soft rear H plate, same DPS settings. PN orange front springs. I found that 98 oddly gives quicker turn in, so I can live with a softer rear end to keep it more stable.
what about tires?
Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Kyosho 20 rear (slicks or radials are both good) and PN 20 slick fronts will be a good starting setup for most MR-02's. Not too much steering and you can easily tune from that starting point.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

hey are you guys at oc/rc running the new hyper mini's ( the electric version's that take 1/10th scale electronics.) If so can you tell me how u like them , maybe a lil bit about them as i am dying to get one ? maybe some pics? Thanks
Old 07-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default When is the track available?

Hi Guys

I live in Irvine and have a few Xmod and one Mini-Z car. I am looking for a track to race and practice on.

When is this track available?

What do I have to do to use it (membership, fees, etc)?

Many thanks

Garth FairChang
Joint CEO FairChang.com
Old 07-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Garth, basically I set up once a month. This month I will be setting the track up on Sunday the 19th. There aren't any membership fees you just pay the day we race. I usually charge $10.00 to race and you get to use the track all day. We usually start around 10:00 and finish up around 4:00.

It's a very laid back enviroment, everybody is very cool.

We use the z-round scoring system with transponders so if your car is not set up to accept this system you will need to purchase the wire and connector and install it on your car. (It's super EZ). (You can purchase it the day you race I have them and they are $3.00)

We usually do 2 qualifiers and a main. You will race in one of 2 groups.
#1 stock
#2 Under 16

Stock is pretty much all we run and everybody uses the PN 70t motor. Seems like everybody is going to the pan body.

Under 16 is basically for the kids and people who are new to racing. This class is nice because everybody is really slow and basically just learning how to drive. Last month we actually had some pretty good racing in this class.

If you would like more info, please send me a personal message with your e-mail so that I can put you on the list.

One more thing, we also go up to Matsushimas to race as well. I'm starting a Tuesday night trek to race. We will be leaving around 2 or 3 on Tuesdays so if you're interested you might be able to car pool. It's in Upland about an hour away.

Thanks,
Bruce Glick
BGRC monthly
Old 07-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Rookie

IT'S TODAY !!!

This noob is gonna drop by and get thrashed by little kids. LOL

Sounds like we are gonna have fun.

Get your butts down here guys
Old 07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

If the kids would have shown up you would be surprised! Gettin faster every time.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default OC/RC is awesome

What I wouldn't give to have an OC/RC up here in Seattle! Please franchise!!!