Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Micro and Mini Scales
Novak 1/18th-Scale Micro Brushless System! >

Novak 1/18th-Scale Micro Brushless System!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak 1/18th-Scale Micro Brushless System!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

"When the Novak mini system hits, drop it like its hot, drop like its hot"

"You know money wont be an issue, drop it like its hot, drop it like its hot"

"Mamba system will be history, drop it like its hot, drop it like its hot"

"Got my GTB's rollin with the mini system coming, Novak got the best speed, you know they got it going on"

For those that listen to hip hop, read the words to Snoop Dogg's "Drop it like it HOT"...it fits
Old 09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Steve, what about the scalpel people, that does not look like it will fit.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Steve Weiss,

Will be able to install into an Associated 18t. Cant wait. I just to find out since I am planning on running a 18t.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

doesnt look like this system will be worth it for those running the detta..
if the motor came with a 3.2mm shaft ,that would be a huge huge plus,,, this way steel metric pinions could be used.

and if the power/torque is anything like permax 400/4D motor then definately a 3.2mm shaft is needed... those alloy pinioms wont last 2weeks with a powerful motor...

the vendetta uses metric pinions and a dedicated 380 can is whats needed for the details since its gearing is higher than the mini inferno...

u guys at novak should use the vendetta ST as a test vehIcle to see if the motor will run well in it,,,

would like to see a comparison

mamba esc with permax motor geared at 21/45 with stock tires
vs.
novak system geared at ??? with stock tires...
Old 09-15-2007, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Sorry I really do not have a projected price or release time right now!
Hey Steve,
Will it be out before Christmas???

I have a few concerns about a sensored system in an 1/18 scale.
1/18 scalers do some unbelievable bashing and how will the sensored motor hold up? The sensor wires seem small and are they easily damaged? There is not a lot of room in the 1/18 scale chassis and components can get beat up real easy. If the sensor fails will the vehicle either stall or go WOT?
berm
Old 09-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Wink

this will be an excellent candidate for recoil racing spec class. i expect this to be a hit with racers around here. whats the ETA?

@ bermbuster, i figured this thread would be an eyecatcher for you. what truly has me sold on this is the 380 size and the fact that it will take 3cell lipo.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I somewhat agree with jaejw1. A 2mm to 3.2 shaft coupler versus an entire new rotor would open up all vehicles of these scale(s) because we could have the option of using 540 1/10th pinions for the vehicles that can use as such.

-Xrays use 48 pitch Imperial. (Thats a huge selection in 540)
-Vendettas use .6module which is the same as 48 p metric (Tamiya and Robinson 540 pinion offerings)

All others AFAIK use .5 module, which 90% of the 2mm pinions are.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Company Representative

Now's the time to e-mail your suggestions concerning Novak's upcoming Micro BL system to Novak's crack Design Team!

Send your ideas directly to [email protected] or post them to these forums for discussion. What are your likes and dislikes about the currently available electronics---motors and speed controls---for Micro/Mini cars and trucks?

After all, you guys are the "experts" when it comes to 1/18th scale vehicles.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

all i ask is that the speed controller be as small as possible and be in a hard case, other than in heatshrink.
also the sooner this is released the better. sensored brushless FTW
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
The Evicerator

Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys!

We are working to try to accomodate as many people as possible with this product!

We still don't have an ETA on when it will be done... I would hate to say that it's going to be out by such and such a date only to have that date come and go because of ongoing development!

To answer some of the questions here ...

XXXCR -- I don't have a complete and up and running Associated 18T car but from what I can see from the mostly-buit chassis I have here is that it should fit w/o a problem... I will see what I can do about getting this thing finished up and test fitted in there!

Bermbuster --If a sensor fails you will more than likely have a stutter/stall occur. The wire size right now is the same size that we use in our 540 and HV motors and those don't really seem to have too much trouble coping with our 1/10 bashers thus far.

Jaejw -- we have a vendetta here and we will be doing some testing with it soon! When we do we will probably post some video.

Keep sending your suggestions to me at [email protected]!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 PM
The Evicerator

Don't worry, the speed control will have an actual case!

Originally Posted by MrLesac
all i ask is that the speed controller be as small as possible and be in a hard case, other than in heatshrink.
also the sooner this is released the better. sensored brushless FTW
Old 09-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

have a price similar to all other brushless set ups of their size and come out soon lol.

Oh and they need a lipo cutoff.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Bermbuster --If a sensor fails you will more than likely have a stutter/stall occur. The wire size right now is the same size that we use in our 540 and HV motors and those don't really seem to have too much trouble coping with our 1/10 bashers thus far.
my concern is that a 1/18 scale has about half the space for electrics....
most 1/18s also have a driveshaft running down the center of the chassis...
the wires need to be just long enough.......
Old 09-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Steve, think outside the box without listening to some of the ridiculous stuff about "make it more than 3S compatible". I mean, this is self-explanatory. 11.1 volts with anything 1/10th scale and under will be a rocket. More than that, is overkill. I wont get into shaft diameters but I hope that it wont be designed for 1/10th scale pinions in mind. KNOWING HOW NOVAK ROLLS, we know it will be in a case....bulletproof nonetheless If it can be along the lines of the Atom in size, that would be great. Possibly with the leads for the motor (soldering stuff) on one side and the additional essentials on the other. Small surface like that will be a pain to solder all of those wires.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Steve, think outside the box without listening to some of the ridiculous stuff about "make it more than 3S compatible". I mean, this is self-explanatory. 11.1 volts with anything 1/10th scale and under will be a rocket. More than that, is overkill. I wont get into shaft diameters but I hope that it wont be designed for 1/10th scale pinions in mind. KNOWING HOW NOVAK ROLLS, we know it will be in a case....bulletproof nonetheless If it can be along the lines of the Atom in size, that would be great. Possibly with the leads for the motor (soldering stuff) on one side and the additional essentials on the other. Small surface like that will be a pain to solder all of those wires.
Hey bxpitbull,
with no disrespect to you....you really dont know 1/18 scale.....
current non sensored bl controllers can use 4 cell lipos and there is a good portion of guys who want rocket ships....1/18 scales that have been radared at 60-76 mph....look on youtube.....
the shaft diameter is crucial to guys who run the larger 18th scales and the new 1/14 scale recoil. The best solution would be to offer 2 shaft sizes.....
berm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.