Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi Mini-T

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Team Losi Mini-T

Ok so my wife just got a new Mini-T and man that thing stock is sloooow So I'm go to improve it. I was looking at the Mamba Max 25 but not sure what KV I should go with. Or batteries for that matter. I race strictly Nitro cars as you can tell by my sig so this is my first venture into the electric side. Please help.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If it's a stock Mini-T then you'll need to replace the Rx and servo if you go BL. The Castle Creation site has an answer to how fast a Mini-T can go with different motors and batteries. It can be from a little faster than stock to OMG 60mph.

If you bought the Mini-T Pro then you have the servo and Rx. If you bought the Mini-Baja then it comes with a separate Rx and servo, so just replace the motor and ESC with the Mamba.

You can always just replace the motor with a faster brushed motor and run a six cell battery pack. Pro-Match has some good packs on clearence for $12.99. A motor and good six cell will bring the speed up to 20 - 25 mph.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

also may wish to consider a few items to support the massive increase in power and load on the car..

ball diff, cvd's, slipper set. bearings, at least.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

if u can scrap the minit t and buy a rc18t, if the wife says nething say u bought a conversion kit, the mini t cant handle BL power for SH!T, i got my rc18t upto about 102mph with 4cell and it can handle that kinda power.....
Old 07-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Dont listen to the haters, there IS potetial in that truck. plenty have went BL in 1. all work out fine.