R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   New from Losi Mini-Slider Sprint Car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/167139-new-losi-mini-slider-sprint-car.html)

air8 11-30-2007 11:23 PM

cool. Good to see it's a 3-wire servo

roadrashracing2 12-01-2007 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by ammdrew (Post 3922689)
yes, it is ok, hard to get the body low enough the bumper is a bit to high too get it down.

Have you had the problem with the front tires hitting the body, if so how did you fix it.

Cory B 12-02-2007 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Stranglehold (Post 3832625)
We are going to start racing these "stock" on a carpet oval next weekend. During some practice last weekend I found that with the rubber street tires they really wanted to traction roll. Was looking for some information on a good set up starting point. Any help would be appreciated.

Here in Omaha, we race our sliders as a stock class with the kit esc, motor, reciever and servo. One thing that we are doing to get our cars to turn is putting a thin layer of tire glue around the wall of the right front. This way when the car wants to "grab" on the right front, it allows it to slip a little instead of traction rolling. I also do this to the right rear of the tire and use it as a tuning aid. If my car is loose, i adjust my right rear to get more rubber down in the turns. If it is tight, I adjust it so when it rolls into the corner, more glue makes contact (if that makes sense).

I also use the Losi upgraded shock kit with orange springs on the front and blue on the back. I also put about 1/8"-1/4" of fuel tubing in the left shocks to offset the chassis. combine that with 25w oil on the left side and 40w on the right, my car is hooked up.

our cars average 51-54 laps in 5 min with my personal best 54 at 5:03 with a fast lap of 5.22

Hope this helps!

air8 12-02-2007 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cory B (Post 3929431)
I also put about 1/8"-1/4" of fuel tubing in the left shocks to offset the chassis.

So you put fuel tubing in to reduce shock travel right? Or something else? I'm confused when you say "to offset the chassis" Sorry. But thanx for the tips.

jd396 12-03-2007 10:01 AM

At our carpet flat track we adopted the Venom Fireball 370 sized as another option to the stock motor since there have been significant problems with brush hangup. We found is that the DSM system that comes with it will bind to the Spektrum DX2.0 radio too.

Cory B 12-03-2007 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by air8 (Post 3931538)
So you put fuel tubing in to reduce shock travel right? Or something else? I'm confused when you say "to offset the chassis" Sorry. But thanx for the tips.

Correct, it limits the down travel on the left side. So when the car is on the track, it leans to the left. this way when you are going through the turn, it levels its self out. I should note that the tubing is on the shock shaft between the piston and the cap.

Also, the Losi upgraded shocks tend to leak also. The best thing that I have found is to wrap a small strip of teflon tape onto the threads when re-building the shocks. This will reduce the leaking problem.

claborn88 12-05-2007 07:49 PM

(I also put about 1/8"-1/4" of fuel tubing in the left shocks to offset the chassis)

why dont you just get the coil over ajustable shocks $40 for a set they work a lot better then puting fuel tubing on them if you havent scene them the body is threaded and you can relly screw with the ride higth's.:nod::nod::nod:

dubum 12-05-2007 08:00 PM

Because fuel tubing is a dollar a foot with more than one specified application.

claborn88 12-05-2007 08:14 PM

i should add that if you screwed the shock nut all the way down you will not have no shock travel because the spring is mash all the way down and the shock throw is all the way extended. if there all the way up you have a lot of shock travel what ever the spring allows it to go. on my car i have my right side set up with a firm spring with the shock nut a quarter of the way down and soft springs on the left with the nut all the way up if you dont no what the nut is. when you put the spring around the shock that nut stops the spring and thats the ajustable nut. my car is leand to the left and hooks up in the turns. i had a prob. with tire roll allso. and the shocks my a big difference.

sheetmetal2 12-05-2007 08:16 PM

fuel tubing

The threaded shocks still wouldn't make the difference that the fuel tubing does. The threaded shocks only take the place of the clips.

claborn88 12-05-2007 08:38 PM

i see what your saying. do you run sprigs allso? because the tubing dont sound right. it sounds like you dont whant NO shock travle at all im not telling you to go out and buy them but the ajustable you can use different springs and still have the soft ride with the shock

claborn88 12-05-2007 08:41 PM

or use stiffer springs. there is no shock travle allso.

bradsmooth 12-06-2007 04:11 PM

help

:tire:i would like to make my mini slider much faster then stock.
neeeeeeeeed help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

claborn88 12-06-2007 05:13 PM

(i would like to make my mini slider much faster then stock.
neeeeeeeeed help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

mamba X package with 2 cell lipo batt you will love it

roadrashracing2 12-06-2007 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by bradsmooth (Post 3945925)
:tire:i would like to make my mini slider much faster then stock.
neeeeeeeeed help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

To much power will make it drive like a trud. On the track