Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

any new info on this problem ?
Old 10-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Exact same, issue, The spektrum DRS3/sr3000 works fine. FASST system does not like that ESC.

Originally Posted by Mr.T3
I just got my 18R and I'm have the same problem with my 4PKS I get steering but no throttle and then my servo heats up after turning it a few times, but then I put my traxxas 2.4 radio gear in and it worked perfectly, it obviously doesn't like expensive radio systems.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After sitting on my shelf for about four years I took my RC18 down for some racing. Took an old Spektrum SR3001 and bound it to my DX3R Pro using the original ESC from 2004 and a 2S 800mah battery. No problem, I took 2nd in the AMain.

Stock AE XPS ESC. No problems binding and racing.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BimmerDriver
I decided to go racing today, to avoid a frequency conflict I installed my Spektrum DSM receiver in place of the AE 27 Mhz radio.

First, when binding the receiver, I chose neutral and straight steering as my failsafe mode. I tested it by holding half throttle and the wheels turned to the side, then turned off the transmitter. In a moment the wheels straightend but the motor continued on non-stop. I rebound 5 or 10 times, always with the same result.

The next problem is with the ESC; when I turn on the radio, there is no throttle. I turn off the receiver/ESC, hold the set button down and power up the car. In a second the receiver binds to the transmitter and the motor runs, in the reverse mode. I turn off the car, power it up and now it works in brake only mode. If I turn off the radio system and turn it on again, there is no throttle. The only way the throttle works is to hold the set button while turning on the system.

Another "symptom" is holding the set button down to set the ESC to the throttle trigger endpoints; the instructions say to hold the set button down for at least 3 seconds to go into the setup mode. I held it 30 seconds and it never goes into setup.

When I had the AE radio in the car the setup, and the throttle for that matter, always worked OK.

What is the deal with the Spectrum radio and the AE XPS Micro ESC??
We have they same problem about the ESC when I am going to turn my radio they don't have any power and I think, this is the problem. Maybe, the first thing we can do is always make some information that regard in this matter and contact some expert.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know this is an old post, but I'm having troubles out of my speed control in stock RC18T. When forward throttle is given the front wheels twitch, when reverse throttle is given it responds in reverse. Steering seems fine so plugs are correct. Any ideas of whats up?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If I read that right, it sounds more like you may have a loose connection at your Rx. Loose connections will cause radio interference.

If you are running a brushed motor, are you running caps or diodes?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's stock brushed, looks like diodes.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:16 AM
Tech Rookie

hiiiiiiiii
Old 12-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stock 18r with stock esc/radio - forward throttle works fine - but when I press the throttle trigger forward for brake and hold it there - the vehicle slows and then goes immediately into reverse? Is this normal for this esc/radio? I have reset the esc numerous times with the same result. It does not have the normal press the throttle forward for brake, return to neutral, press forward a second time for reverse - it just slows and then goes immediately into reverse. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 12-23-2015, 01:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hello

Thanks for sharing