Which Brushless should I get

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Brushless should I get

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tekin's Mini Rage system is hard to beat. I have the 5.4kv in my 18t and 18MT and is crazy fast. Add to that on-board programming and Tekin reliability and service and you have a winner. MY friend just installed the 5.4 system in his FT 18T the other night as well, and was grinning from ear to ear.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

you dont want your car doing wheelies in a race.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I did not say anything about doing wheelies in a race. Sometimes you need to read between the lines you know. What I was trying to say is that the Mini Rage is a very strong performer. Although it is quick, it is also very driveable. There are 7 different throttle pofiles ranging from mild to wild...also a timing advance setting to adjust the timing on your motor. Just because something has the guts does not mean you have to be in a wheelie in a race. The throttle is not just an on/off swith you know.....
Old 11-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

sorry i was talking to pso i forgot to quote what he said sorry about that.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

No problem buddy. Kind of threw me off there for a minute.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

haha that was my bad.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Rookie

THE TEKIN MINI RAGE SETUP IS THE BEST. NOTHING BEATS THE TEKIN SPEED CONTROL. IT IS SMOOTH NO COGGING AND HAVNT HAD ONE PROBLEM YET. I HAVE HAD MOST OF THE DIFFERENT SPEED CONTROLS AND TEKIN IS THE BEST.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jelly, please dont use all caps. It makes it seem like your yelling. Plus its hard to read.

I use the mamba, and its "ok". But it stil lacks a nicer low end feeling. My minimum speed is walking.

I have heard great things about the Quarks ESCs for racing. Other than the complicated programming portion.

The tekin is also a better choice for racing IMHO as it supposedly has a smoother power curve also, and is the easiest of all 3 esc's to program. I just think its a bit big.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

Well, this is only my opinion. We have just about tried every one offered on a backyard dirt oval. My favorite and the only one I will buy again is the Tekin. Opt for the 8kv and just turn the "on board" power down (or you finger) to fit the track surfaces where it doesn't strip gears.We run em with 2 cell 2000 ma lip's and get 30 plus min run times. Wedge bodies, side dams and side to side wheelie's, I never had so much fun.
drift,
Old 11-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

I forgot to say the Tekin and Mamba motors or the same if you didn't know. Just pull the sticker off the Tekin and you'll have a Mamba. Their cheep inefficient Chinese motors. The best motor I think is the Razor its hand wound right here in the USA, their not cheep and you cant get them at the moment. The guy who started the company has serious heath problems. Neu Motors bought Razor and will have them in stock soon. A good place to learn about motors or lip's is ezonemag.com Its a airplane site with huge forum. Airplane guys have always been a head of the cars guys on motor's and batteries. Hell you can even learn how to wind your own motor on the site.
Just make sure to get the Tekin ESC with a 8kv motor and you should be happy.

drift,
Old 11-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Throttle response is worst with the Tekin. If you are running oval, it would not matter. Problem comes from intial take-off and comming out of low speed corners. I have 3 and have sent them back for updates, no improvement. I like them a lot otherwise. I have also sold quite a few. All experienced racers (more demanding) quit using them. I have messed with gearing, different motors, numerous profiles, etc. Worked best with an outrunner/3 cell set-up, in my Vendetta. Still had a nagging hesitation from dead stop, but was OK everywhere else. Initial set-up and changing profiles, is a breaze with the Tekin. Solder posts are a big plus also. Have heard that a pc link is comming! Abillity to update the software will be a big improvment.
Hands down, the quark has the best throttle response. The feel is consistant, and free from hesitations/stuttering.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

I do agree the Tekin will clog sometimes (or have hesitations/stuttering) if you get on the brake hard and go hard on the throttle, they all will. What I try to do is stay of the brakes as much as possible. One other trick is to set the throttle trim to where you car is just on throttle (go's by it's self) with out giving it any with your finger yourself.

drift,
Old 11-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Tekin system will expose a weak cell, low quality batteries, too light of wiring and or batt. plugs, etc. I use GP1100's with 12ga. wire and full size Deans and I have no problem with hesitation/cogging. The Tekin's apetite for current must be fed properly, or it will let you know it is "hungry" by hesitating. This is accomplished, again like I said, by using some good batteries and connections. There is always going to be a slight difference in my opinion on bottom end response with any bl system than a brushed. The ESC must see the motor clearly, so it can then fire in sequence with the rotors position.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brian Searles
The Tekin system will expose a weak cell, low quality batteries, too light of wiring and or batt. plugs, etc. I use GP1100's with 12ga. wire and full size Deans and I have no problem with hesitation/cogging. The Tekin's apetite for current must be fed properly, or it will let you know it is "hungry" by hesitating. This is accomplished, again like I said, by using some good batteries and connections. There is always going to be a slight difference in my opinion on bottom end response with any bl system than a brushed. The ESC must see the motor clearly, so it can then fire in sequence with the rotors position.
You should be a writer not a mechanic, lol. Love the analogy.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

drift, trim settings must be set for proper handling and not to make up for an esc's short commings. Use of brakes is a must for racing road course and off-road. They do not ALL hesitate after brake application. I have a track/store & have used all the bl systems that are generally available in the U.S. market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.