Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CHECK THIS OUT 1/36 Micro-T

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by duneland
Got back from the show a few hours ago. Cristian Tabush is right. The motor is much smaller than a 130. The little truck is a hit!! It apears to be very quick & agile. I didn't get around to driving it, everytime I stopped by others were having fun with it. If I felt like waiting around long enough, I could have driven it.
It looked cool enough, so I put a few on order.
Another cool thing on display, was a PRO-LEVEL 1/18 scale pan car! It was at the Robotronics booth..I ordered a few of those too!! Finally, a micro car with top level treatment.

dam and i just bought another 1/18 buggy....i was after a pan car too

the motor is a 130 size.....im dam positive

and who made the 1/18 pan car? AE?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Dude, get over it! . IT IS NOT A 130!
Pan car is a Robotronics (thought I said that). I wish I had taken a few pics of that car (I keep forgetting that my phone has that capabillity). I'll try to get one of my friends to get some pics before the show closes on Sunday. AE was not in attendance.
Another car worth mentioning is the 1/14 scale tc from Carisma. Horizon is bringing it in under the Sportwerks banner called 'Recoil'. I worked on my rep several months ago & he took it up the food chain at Horizon. Unfortunately, it is comming in a rtr form with fiber glass chassis. I am pushing hard for a racer version---Carbon fiber, alum shocks, NO electronics etc...
Old 10-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Somebody owes me a Micro T...

I work w/ 130 size motors all day long, I could just tell by the style endbell it has on.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

The dialed thing about this is you could take .5" PVC pipe and make a track that could assembled and dissasembled in minutes and cost less then $10 and can be set up in your living room and stored in your closet. I think this coule be the scale that the micro market was truly hunting for.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

im accually thinking about getting a sheet of plywood, and useing that model train texture and stuff and building a track on that with everything glued down to it. that will fold up and everything
Old 10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

kyosho mini-z track.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

From what I understand a sheet of plywood may be too small and a full size Mini-Z track may be too big I think somethign around 10'x8' with lanes around 18" wide may be the ticket.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you guys want to see some footage of the Micro-T and some of the other stuff from iHobby, check out Horizon's coverage of iHobby Here

There's video there showing how quick the Micro-T really is. I was really surprised when I saw it run for the first time at how quick it was.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

LOL! " and now Gary with the weather!'

Man, now your broadcaster what can't you do?
Old 11-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrBlack
LOL! " and now Gary with the weather!'

Man, now your broadcaster what can't you do?
That's easy...

Win the nationals....

Get a woman...

Grow a full head of hair...

And of course...

Win the nationals :lol

I actually co-hosted a radio show for awhile too, so I have some broadcasting background too.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
That's easy...

Win the nationals....

Get a woman...

Grow a full head of hair...

And of course...

Win the nationals :lol

I actually co-hosted a radio show for awhile too, so I have some broadcasting background too.
Yeah well I wasn't going to get into that LOL!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default runtime and track size?

I am deciding between Mini-T and Micro-T for my son and I to get for a Christmas present. We saw the Mini-Ts when they first came out a few years ago (at Chicago hobby show).

Runtime:
Does anyone who saw these at the hobby show have any idea of runtime with stock setup?

Size/track size:
We have a finished basement with some nice open areas, and can setup a course. I am concerned that mini-T will be too big and micro-T too small. We have had many sub 1/10 scale cars in past (hpi micro, brp, mini-z, xmods, zipzaps). We both are experienced racers with experience in regional racing (sedan, off road, 1/12 scale, etc) and prefer hobby quality...that we can setup and tweak...not toys.

Any advise is appreciated.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default In the house

So it sounds like the first batch of micro t's are out. My LHS just called to tell me mine is in.

Traveling for work, so I won't get my mits on it until this weekend...with almost a foot of snow in the forcast for tomorrow, sounds like the perfect way to spend some quality 'indoor' time! Boy, is my dog gonna be pissed
Old 11-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

I just found my christmas present

So now we know what motor is in it.. is it upgradeable?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All i know is this thing is tiny! Picked on up today for my birthday. Pretty quick all things considered. only thing i'd like to see for this truck is adj. steering rods. As for motor it looks like a 130, but i had nothing around to compare it with, so i'll get back on that. you get about 5minute per charge. on carpet it'll pull a wheelie.

My earlier post swore it wasn't a 130 motor, but looking at it closer i think i was wrong.

Last edited by Mantacav1; 12-01-2006 at 08:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.