Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to the Micro/Mini forum!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

thatchowman,
I don't think you can throw enough money into a mrs4 to make it competetive. Many have tried. If it is a low-powered spec class, you have a shot at it. The design is so poor & antiquated, it just doesn't lend itself to power upgrades. The Nanda NRX18 can run with the Xrays, but doesn't have the parts support yet.
Good to see this forum up and running!
Here is my micro list; Xray m18 w LiPo, Mamba esc/Dynamite C4 9200kv--Vendetta w LiPo, Outrunner brushless--Xray NT18--Nanda Nrx18--Atech Xmb4--BRP sc18--ABC DTM X4--DTM SP2--Carisma M14--& some min-z stuff.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

this is great news for mini owners!

ok my first mini question: what is the best mini servo that will be a direct bolt in to the mini-ts? Im sick of killing the hitec hs-55's

Ive also modded chassis to fit the hs81MG and the HS85BB's, but they all have caused problems and I can never seem to be satisfied with servo chocies for the mini-t.

so anyone can suggest a direct bolt in servo that will handle speed and torque to the stock mini-t pro chassis without anyu kinds of modding?
Old 06-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Airtronics 94091Z or KO pds3014
Old 06-28-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ooo i like the sound of the KO,

so both those are direct drop ins ? (same dimensions as the hitec hs-55's?)

r they hard to buy? Being in Australia, thngs can have a bit of a limited range...
Old 06-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default mini inferno st

fellas any help with must have upgrades for this truck would be appreciated.......lmk what ya think! thanks chris
Old 06-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Shadows
ooo i like the sound of the KO,

so both those are direct drop ins ? (same dimensions as the hitec hs-55's?)

r they hard to buy? Being in Australia, thngs can have a bit of a limited range...
Yep, they're little bitty suckers, and drop right into the mini-t or rc18t chassis. Airtronics has a servo-saver designed for the Mini-t also.
Don't know about down-under availablillity.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Arrow ABOUT TIME!!!

finally the mini's get some credit... I personally have 4 mini's...

Duratrax Vendetta with carbon fiber servo hold-down, Duratrax aluminum front axel cariers, Mamba speed control, Eflite 5400 rpm/volt motor, Thunder Power 11.1V 1320 Mah 3-cell Li-Po, Hitec Hs-81MG servo, and 1/10 TC foams.

Xray M-18 brushless

Mini-T brushless with Eflite 5400 and 3-cell lipo (same as vendetta). Team losi aluminum shocks, Ball diff., Hitec Hs-55 servo, aluminum steering kit, CVD's, foams all around.

Mini-T Reedy Mini Max Modified, plenty fast with a 2-cell lipo.

Finally a little credit for the mini scene!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default hi

hello i am looking for a m18 i have a 18t that has a lot of stuff on it or a xs3pro let me know
Old 07-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow

I have a m-18 roller but the spur gear is stripped. Ill let it go for $50 shipped
Old 07-10-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thachowman
Does anybody know any good mods for the HPI Micro RS4, to help it handle a little better, I am racing against M18's and they get me in the twisty stuff, mine has got a front oneway, GPM alloy oil fidded shocks and adjustable top arms, GPM ? Titanium chassis and carbon upper deck, which has been lowered, Hitec HS 55 micro servo, Orion big block, rear gear diff with ball bearing in the RH wheel (for the diff action), and upgraded rear shock to threaded oil filled mini t shock. Also running a mini T style six cell IB1200 pack running down the centre line to keep the weight central. My main gripe with it is change directions quickly (chicaines) it seems to want to spinout always when you do it with a bit of speed even when I step on the power hard it steps out to the left. Ball biff ? or is the stock gear diff fine. I had my mambe 8000 in it but keep on breaking front drive shafts, ( still have the stockers) but wow fast , but only in a straight line.

check your PMs
Old 07-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

duneland how do you like the Carisma M14?? & where did you get it??
Old 07-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

They are available through Horizon, so any shop can get them. I have at least one in stock at present. I like them a lot. They sell for 99.95 and offer a lot for the money. We use them as a spec class... Run em' the way they come out of the box. They handle very good, are reasonably fast & hold up great.
I am realy looking forward to the 4wd graphite touring car version that is coming out. It looks cool as hell & should be a lot of fun to go crazy with (LiPo brushless etc.).
Old 07-12-2006, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Diggity Designs XR18 conversion kits for the RC18T, 18B and 18MT

Just wanted to let all you 1/18th scalers know about the conversion kits that Diggity Designs sells for the Associated RC18T, 18B, and 18MT kits. The kits are 3mm quasy carbon fibre one piece chassis kits thats include a 3mm carbon fibre top-plate and battery brace, aluminum inner pin blocks and all hardware and instructions to complete the conversion. We sell them in Black and Silver CF and they are available in 4 different configurations...

You can see more pics here: XR18 PICS
You can purchase the kits here: XR18 BUY
Here are some pics:

Old 07-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

Just wanted to let all you 1/18th scalers know about the conversion kits that Diggity Designs sells for the Associated RC18T, 18B, and 18MT kits. The kits are 3mm quasy carbon fibre one piece chassis kits thats include a 3mm carbon fibre top-plate and battery brace, aluminum inner pin blocks and all hardware and instructions to complete the conversion. We sell them in Black and Silver CF and they are available in 4 different configurations...

there are a few flaws with that Diggity Designs chassis, I had one and replace it with the GPM for I run the brushless in my truck and if you use the stock RC18 motor mount on that chassis it will slip and ruin the spur gear because is does not mount flush with the chassis GPM chassis on the other hand every thing from the stock RC18 chassis is a direct bolt on and also the top plate from D D you have to modified the old top plate and the front bumper only had 2 screw hole instead of the 3 that the stock and GPM have! I guess it is your prefence, Just my 2 cents!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

and another note! the steering bell crand mount it really crappy! on the D D chassis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.