• 1 Post By EMU
  • 1 Post By nielsm

Aftermarket radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)
Default Aftermarket radio?

Is KO the only aftermarket radio you can use for Mini Z's???
Old 02-28-2024, 12:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Apparently with a module, the Flysky NB4 works. https://www.kenonhobby.com/Flysky-Mi...o_p_49263.html
Old 02-28-2024, 01:47 PM
EMU
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It really depends which Mini-Z, the EVO models have multiple receiver types and can use a few options from KO, FlySky Noble, Futaba...

For the Readyset models (RWD/AWD), they use the Kyosho FHSS protocol made by FlySky, you can use FlySky Noble NB4 and its variants, Futaba 4PM+ (both with RM-005 module). KO had produced the ASF/MHS electronics used in the old brushed MR02/03 up till 2012, then only VE/VE Pro until EVO released in 2019.

The ASF/MHS protocol is now discontinued. So, a KO based transmitter would not be high on my list of items to purchase if looking to get a new TX. I would honestly just look at the Noble or Futaba 4PM+ (only the PLUS version is compatible with the RM005 module). For EVO, the native protocols of the Noble and 4PM+ are better options than the Kyosho FHSS protocol.
Mac The Knife likes this.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by EMU
It really depends which Mini-Z, the EVO models have multiple receiver types and can use a few options from KO, FlySky Noble, Futaba...

For the Readyset models (RWD/AWD), they use the Kyosho FHSS protocol made by FlySky, you can use FlySky Noble NB4 and its variants, Futaba 4PM+ (both with RM-005 module). KO had produced the ASF/MHS electronics used in the old brushed MR02/03 up till 2012, then only VE/VE Pro until EVO released in 2019.

The ASF/MHS protocol is now discontinued. So, a KO based transmitter would not be high on my list of items to purchase if looking to get a new TX. I would honestly just look at the Noble or Futaba 4PM+ (only the PLUS version is compatible with the RM005 module). For EVO, the native protocols of the Noble and 4PM+ are better options than the Kyosho FHSS protocol.
Also Futaba just announced an adapter to use the RM-005 module with the 10PX.
EMU likes this.