Like Tree11Likes

Losi Mini LMT 1/18

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2023, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Losi Mini LMT 1/18

1/18 Mini LMT 4X4 Brushed Monster Truck RTR, Son-Uva DiggerBLUE | Losi

This is interesting and seems Losi is going to crack open the small scale MT category.

​​​​​​​

FEATURES

• Fully ready-to-run
  • Officially licensed bodies
  • Solid axle 4-wheel drive
  • Functional LED headlights
  • Realistic BKT tires
  • Aluminum powder-coated chassis plates
  • Metal front and rear differentials
  • Metal driveline yokes
  • Aluminum links
  • Suspension sway bars
  • Threaded oil-filled shocks
  • High-capacity Spektrum Smart G2 810mAh 2S LiPo battery
  • Spektrum Smart G2 2S LiPo USB-C battery charger
  • 25A 2-in-1 ESC
  • Spektrum SLT2 2.4GHz radio
  • Spektrum SX108 Micro Digital Metal Gear Servo
  • Oversized 25T 380 brushed motor
  • Molded roll cage
  • Twist lock composite flip top cage
  • Elastomer battery mounting
  • Two-position wheelie bar
  • Full ball bearings
  • Option parts available

OVERVIEW

Introduced in 2020, the original, standard sized Losi LMT platform set a high bar for solid-axle RC monster truck performance. The LMT gave RC drivers and Monster Jam enthusiasts the power and durability for authentic, arena-shaking monster truck action, whether racing head-to-head or making jaws drop with backflips and donuts in freestyle competition.

Now even more fans can join the monster truck fun — at less cost and in more places — with Losi Mini LMT 4WD monster trucks. Losi’s leadership in the development of off-road mini RC vehicles shines through in these smaller 4X4 versions of the LMT. Mini LMT 4WD monster trucks are small enough to fit in a backpack, but capture the original LMT’s heart and soul by preserving its power-to-weight ratio, giving them the same easy handling when racing and the same ability to wheelie and flip in freestyle.

Losi Mini LMT 4WDs are the ideal entry into RC for any full-scale automotive enthusiast. In radio control form, they provide the perfect foundation for doing everything you love most — competing, customizing, and upgrading.

Losi raised the bar for mini scale realism, too. The officially licensed bodies represent two of the best-known and most admired names in the sport of monster trucks. Audiences packed into arenas around the world to catch the exploits of Dennis Anderson’s Grave Digger, and now they’re doing the same to watch his son Ryan’s Son-uva Digger. The officially licensed tires are also reproductions of the BKT tires used by pro drivers in real Monster Jam competitions. Expect to be the center of attention when you show off your Losi Mini LMT 4WD at Monster Jam tailgates!

No previous RC experience is needed to enjoy the versatility, easy handling, and unstoppable 4X4 traction of Losi Mini LMT 4WD monster trucks. Their compact size lets you race and freestyle almost anywhere. Run them indoors on garage floors, tiled and hardwood surfaces, or low-pile rugs and carpets. Take them outdoors on concrete driveways, smooth dirt fields, baseball diamonds, and tennis courts. Create jumps out of cardboard or household items. Take them along in a backpack on family outings for Monster Jam fun at the park or campsite.

Losi Mini LMT 4WD monster truck comes factory-built and finished, with everything required for operation in the box — including a high-quality Spektrum SLT2 radio for interference-free 2.4GHz control, and a high-capacity Spektrum Smart LiPo battery and charger for long run times and effortless recharging.
angrymelon and El_Rando like this.
Old 11-09-2023, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

that's actually really cool! not stoked on there electronics choice (burshed motor and a 2n1esc) but i could see myself buying one of these. question is, will there be a brushless version? and when?
Old 11-09-2023, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Good fun for younger drivers and smaller areas. And chances are that a 1/18th MT tyre is still plenty big enough to get over reasonable bumps and obstacles.
Old 11-09-2023, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

RC Driver, AMain, and the RC Saylors all have videos up on youtube with running footage. nobody got to crazy, but it looks like its pretty capable for it's size.
Old 11-09-2023, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Pretty smart by horizon to drop the Grom and this car before the holiday season. Both will likely be hot holiday sellers.

But of course, I can't let this go without saying "and this is why we still don't' have a new 22 yet" lol!
Old 11-09-2023, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool and all, but $269.99 is way too much for this thing, especially with Losi and Horizon's recent track record with Mini's. Yeah it looks scale, it's licensed and that's cool and all, but if this was sitting on the shelf next to a FMS Monster for $145.99 and an Associated MT12 for $219.99, which one is going to sell the most and which one is going to sell the least? How long will it be around?

The Losi Mini B & T looks cool, but in my opinion it was poorly executed due to how much slop it has, the servo fails if you look at it funny (the Mini LMT appears to use the same servo and servo saver as the Mini B/T and now it's going to hold up with bigger tires...hmmm), and it took 3-4 years for Losi to announce worthwhile hop up parts that last I checked, you can't even buy yet.

The Losi JRX2, that disappointed people for the same reason why the Mini B/T disappointed people, crappy electronics, crappy materials and super sloppy.

The SCX24, priced about right, but let's be honest for most of us it's not that great out of the box and once again servo failure and motor failures are common. For the price it takes to make the SCX24 worthwhile, well, you could have bought a 1/10th scale crawler.

Everything I read regarding the LMT leads me to believe that it like the 4 mentioned above, needs a lot of work and money spent on hop ups to make worthwhile.

So, how is this thing going to be any different since Losi and Horizon have proven recently that they aren't very good at Minis? Sure they make Minis that look cool, but are they really worth the investment when there are so many other things on the market that are rock solid out of the box for a similar price point? You can buy a MT10 for $319.99, I know it's a different type of Monster and there is no licensing, but $269.99 for a 1/18th that is going to without a doubt need a bunch of money so that it satisfies most of us, is this thing really worth it?

Last edited by MULMZ2; 11-09-2023 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2023, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

if it were brushless for that price id be in the shut up and take my money camp. iv been thinking of putting together a 1/24 scale Furitek Rampart truck and it was going to cost me more than this thing would
ill wait and see if they release ether a brushless model or a roller sometime early next year
also, the radio looks pretty janky. very walmart toy grade looking
MULMZ2 likes this.
Old 11-10-2023, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

If it were brushless or appropriately priced I would have kept my mouth shut. I think like the Mini's and SCX24's once aftermarket parts become available it will be cool to scratch build one and it will be a much better rig. I'm in the long process of building a 1/24th Monster using a Deadbolt as a donor I picked up on sale for $99, MoFo Ti-Jacker Chassis, MoFo Monster Wheels and Tires, and a Surpass Rocket 7500Kv Motor & ESC. I'd put money on it clearing 3 people lying down with the assistance of a ramp no problem once it's up and running.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 11-10-2023 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-12-2023, 02:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

realized i have a coupon code for amain. it would be 25$ off. i also have 5$ in store credit. idk, well see what happens when i get paid on friday
Old 11-13-2023, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Some folks will want to Monster Jam without spending the big bucks on the 1/10 LMT, so yeah good holiday drop.
Old 11-13-2023, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DARKWAV
Some folks will want to Monster Jam without spending the big bucks on the 1/10 LMT, so yeah good holiday drop.
Folks can Monster Jam for A LOT less, I have about $200 into my monster pictured above and it's brushless. $270 is a crap load of money for an 1/18th scale that doesn't even have a brushless motor and Losi has proven not to be very good at making a Mini that doesn't need a bunch of upgrades to make worthwhile, I've read the 1/10th LMT needs a lot done to it as well to make it a runner. Losi's track record of having a solid out of the box RTR, not so good (MT10 $339 & MT12 $219 both solid as a rock out of the box and that's what I and in my opinion everyone else should expect). This thing should have been priced in between the MT12 and FMS Monster. I predict a lot of disappointment due to subpar parts quality, horrible tolerances, and electronics failures. You'll see.

I think that most of these will wind up as collectors and sit in a closet or on a shelf and maybe Horizon/Losi knows that which is why it is priced so high. Collectors will buy it regardless. This may not have been released for the everyday hobbyist.

If you're thinking about one, I'd highly recommend waiting for aftermarket parts to become available and building one from scratch, you will end up with a much nicer rig with better electronics for maybe a little more. Every Horizon/Losi Mini I have purchased has been a major disappointment that has had or is going to have almost every stock part replaced, I could have spent the money on something much better that didn't need a bunch of money spent on hop ups/aftermarket parts to make it worthwhile. I avoid Losi and Horizon products the best I can, they have cool designs, but their execution leaves a lot to be desired.

I'll give you one more reason not to support Losi/Horizon. One of their employees supported an act of violence towards me on this very forum because of what I said about one of their products. Sometimes I wish I partook in social media.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 11-13-2023 at 05:00 PM.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

the only complaints iv heard about the mini b and mini t are the electronics. only issues iv heard about the jrx2 is more of the same mixed with sloppy tolerances on everything, but lets be honest, it was never mint to be a runner. it's a shelf queen/cash grab. the fact people are actually using them is unexpected
i don't remember complaints about the original mini t and mini lst, but it has been a while, i may have just forgotten. those trucks were wildly popular and well liked
i do agree with you on the price though. but like i previously mentioned. with a coupon code it comes down to 245$ and that's a lot more reasonable. and lets face it, do to licensing alone it's never going to be sub 200$
Old 11-14-2023, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Disgruntled_RC
the only complaints iv heard about the mini b and mini t are the electronics. only issues iv heard about the jrx2 is more of the same mixed with sloppy tolerances on everything, but lets be honest, it was never mint to be a runner. it's a shelf queen/cash grab. the fact people are actually using them is unexpected
i don't remember complaints about the original mini t and mini lst, but it has been a while, i may have just forgotten. those trucks were wildly popular and well liked
i do agree with you on the price though. but like i previously mentioned. with a coupon code it comes down to 245$ and that's a lot more reasonable. and lets face it, do to licensing alone it's never going to be sub 200$
Complaints about the Mini B/T have also included problems with the ball cups popping off which they have finally addressed 3-4 years later (Losi just released revised ball cups), crappy servo saver (check out the servo saver on the 1/18th LMT same crappy servo saver that has a ton of slop and causes servo failure) which there is a solution to (use the servo saver from the drag) but has Losi updated the T & B with that servo saver, nope, they are so lazy and they really could care less about the end user, not being able to change the rear toe which has finally been addressed once again 3-4 years down the road, also complaints about sloppy tolerances which is why people use RPM Arms (dammit RPM why didn't you include mounting holes for the sway bar) and Waterford Concepts Arms, way too much grease in the diffs and a couple of other things I cannot at this time recall.

The Losi Mini B/T was sold & marketed as a race inspired runner by Losi and I'd put good money on most of them being purchased to run, not to be put up on the shelf. I bought mine with the intention of racing it. I raced my 1.0 T, my Associated 18B and my Duratrax Vendetta. If it were a re-release of the 1.0 T then I'd agree with you regarding it being purchased with the intention of it being a shelf queen. The 2.0 and B are based on the 22 series, which are racers. The only exception to this is the limited edition 2.0 T that was released at launch, that resold for bit more and was more than likely intended to be a shelf queen. I don't see the Mini B/T release as a cash grab and Losi fully expected people to run them.

The original Mini T and LST were solid out of the box and electronics did not fail. Losi also supported them at launch with worthwhile upgrades and cool bodies. Losi has yet to release a ball diff or any worthwhile bodies for the 2.0 T and B.

I agree with what you said about licensing and my opinion on that is if Losi wanted a lot of people to buy these they would have made a cheaper unlicensed version with a generic body or used the same body without Grave Digger graphics and sold it at a $200ish price point and sold the Grave Digger and Son of a Grave Digger as limited editions at the current price point. There is also no excuse for not releasing it with a brushless at the current price point and the graphics are stickers (talk about being cheapskates and wait until those graphics start to wear, it's going to look like crap, especially if those stickers are paper based), I mean come on, for that price the body should be silk screened or whatever process it is they use to produce bodies with graphics. One can buy a Hobbywing 3660 Motor/10BL120 combo for $90, the new Traxxas BL motor is $30-40, zero excuses for this thing not coming with a brushless motor. Losi/Horizon is just pushing out crappy product and selling it for a premium. Save your hard earned cash and use that coupon on something else, like parts for a scratch build, you'll save yourself some cash that way.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 11-14-2023 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-15-2023, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MULMZ2
If it were brushless or appropriately priced I would have kept my mouth shut. I think like the Mini's and SCX24's once aftermarket parts become available it will be cool to scratch build one and it will be a much better rig. I'm in the long process of building a 1/24th Monster using a Deadbolt as a donor I picked up on sale for $99, MoFo Ti-Jacker Chassis, MoFo Monster Wheels and Tires, and a Surpass Rocket 7500Kv Motor & ESC. I'd put money on it clearing 3 people lying down with the assistance of a ramp no problem once it's up and running.

Youre comparing completely different sized builds. The mini LMT is 11 inches long. Ive been down the scx24 route, and dont plan on ever going back now that we have multiple 18th scales to choose from.

Originally Posted by MULMZ2
Complaints about the Mini B/T have also included problems with the ball cups popping off which they have finally addressed 3-4 years later (Losi just released revised ball cups), crappy servo saver (check out the servo saver on the 1/18th LMT same crappy servo saver that has a ton of slop and causes servo failure) which there is a solution to (use the servo saver from the drag) but has Losi updated the T & B with that servo saver, nope, they are so lazy and they really could care less about the end user, not being able to change the rear toe which has finally been addressed once again 3-4 years down the road, also complaints about sloppy tolerances which is why people use RPM Arms (dammit RPM why didn't you include mounting holes for the sway bar) and Waterford Concepts Arms, way too much grease in the diffs and a couple of other things I cannot at this time recall.

The Losi Mini B/T was sold & marketed as a race inspired runner by Losi and I'd put good money on most of them being purchased to run, not to be put up on the shelf. I bought mine with the intention of racing it. I raced my 1.0 T, my Associated 18B and my Duratrax Vendetta. If it were a re-release of the 1.0 T then I'd agree with you regarding it being purchased with the intention of it being a shelf queen. The 2.0 and B are based on the 22 series, which are racers. The only exception to this is the limited edition 2.0 T that was released at launch, that resold for bit more and was more than likely intended to be a shelf queen. I don't see the Mini B/T release as a cash grab and Losi fully expected people to run them.

The original Mini T and LST were solid out of the box and electronics did not fail. Losi also supported them at launch with worthwhile upgrades and cool bodies. Losi has yet to release a ball diff or any worthwhile bodies for the 2.0 T and B.

I agree with what you said about licensing and my opinion on that is if Losi wanted a lot of people to buy these they would have made a cheaper unlicensed version with a generic body or used the same body without Grave Digger graphics and sold it at a $200ish price point and sold the Grave Digger and Son of a Grave Digger as limited editions at the current price point. There is also no excuse for not releasing it with a brushless at the current price point and the graphics are stickers (talk about being cheapskates and wait until those graphics start to wear, it's going to look like crap, especially if those stickers are paper based), I mean come on, for that price the body should be silk screened or whatever process it is they use to produce bodies with graphics. One can buy a Hobbywing 3660 Motor/10BL120 combo for $90, the new Traxxas BL motor is $30-40, zero excuses for this thing not coming with a brushless motor. Losi/Horizon is just pushing out crappy product and selling it for a premium. Save your hard earned cash and use that coupon on something else, like parts for a scratch build, you'll save yourself some cash that way.
The mini b and mini t have recently been updated with new ball cups, new trans case (for sway bar install), new servo saver (same as drag).

The mini LST was a basket case at launch, lets not act like it wasnt a pile at release.
Old 11-15-2023, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Cinnabun
Youre comparing completely different sized builds. The mini LMT is 11 inches long. Ive been down the scx24 route, and dont plan on ever going back now that we have multiple 18th scales to choose from.

The mini b and mini t have recently been updated with new ball cups, new trans case (for sway bar install), new servo saver (same as drag).

The mini LST was a basket case at launch, lets not act like it wasnt a pile at release.
I wasn't comparing builds, I was pointing out that Horizon/Losi has a terrible track record when it comes to Minis and used the SCX24 as an example of this, not a comparison and I'm with you, I'm done with that series and because of my recent expierence with Losi, I wouldn't even consider one of their products or one put out by Horizon, buyer beware. The SCX24 and all the other recent Losi products I've had first hand experience with are like a boat, constantly throwing money at them to make them work properly and to keep them running, it's depressing, I should have bought something from LC Racing and waited for Traxxas to release the TRX-4M.

I'm very aware of the new parts released for the Mini B/T and it took Losi 3-4 years to release said parts, I'd call that horrible product support. Like I said Losi/Horizon could care less about the end user. Kicking myself once again for not buying an LC Racing product.

I didn't own a Mini LST, but I did work at a hobby shop at the time of there release and don't remember there being issues, so I'll have to take your word for it. It's also possible the 1.0 T was a pile as well, I don't remember, mine was fully upgraded. I was using a JR servo that was mounted with double sided tape, a LRP ESC for racing and a Castle brushless for bashing, MIP parts in the transmission, RPM ball cups, and Lunsford turnbuckles, I may have had a carbon chassis as well.

Last edited by MULMZ2; 11-15-2023 at 12:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.