Search
Like Tree14Likes

Rlaarlo 1/14 XDKJ-006 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2022, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rlaarlo 1/14 XDKJ-006 buggy

I doubt anyone has seen or heard of this, but I just got one of these buggies in to review and it looks frickin' amazing so far.

Carbon chassis, carbon towers, carbon hinge pin braces, carbon ackermann bar, steel CVAs front, steel dogbones rear, steel diffs (not sure on the internals), alloy oil filled shocks that actually seem reasonably tuned, adjustable turnbuckles, 3200kV brushless motor and ESC, 2S and 3S capable out of the box, 2800mAh lipo...

$199 but they are releasing it on 6/29 at half price for the first 200 units. Yes, it will sell for $99 on launch day!

The radio sucks, but whatever, swap it out and put it in a HW 16BL30 and I think you'd be good to go.

https://rlaarlo.com/products/1-14-br...buggy-xdkj-006

This picture doesn't do it justice, go to the site and check it out. I don't get anything if you buy it, I'm just letting all you micro scale folks know.

angrymelon likes this.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Looks like another LC racing knockoff - maybe a better option then the WL toys version...looks like the WL version with upgrades included and a few tweeks like the top plate and rear bumper....
kufman likes this.
Old 06-14-2022, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

"Powdered diffs."........Doesn't sound promising along with the 45A ESC. I think it's not worth even at $100 bux but I guess we'll see. At least FlySky can feel proud that another Chinese company holds their NB4 in such high regard that they semi cloned the look of the RTR radio.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sacmiata
Looks like another LC racing knockoff - maybe a better option then the WL toys version...looks like the WL version with upgrades included and a few tweeks like the top plate and rear bumper....
I agree it does look like an upgraded WL Toys. I like the wheelie bar and the use of hex hardware.
I would still rather have an LC Racing car over this, it followed so many of WL Toys stupid design decisions. I bet it uses mod 0.7 gears too smh.
I wish someone would make a carbon fiber chassis for the LC stuff. They make some for the WL Toys they would require some tweaking to get to work with the LC Racing motor mount and servo mount though.

Last edited by slick2500; 06-16-2022 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

FYI
https://www.etsy.com/shop/EACEnginee...isting_details
EAC Engineering used to make a flat carbon fiber chassis and then 3D printed kick-ups to get the factory kickup back on both ends so the suspension geometry didn't change. He's taking a break right now but I don't think it was a popular solution - the carbon fiber top plate I have made a big difference.

For the 100 bucks I might bite as my LC racing car is mainly used at the track so a dedicated small scale basher might be worth it....my brother has the WL toys versions and he has been happy so an upgraded version at a lower price point (at least initially) should be good deal.

Pro's to me
This brand appears to have done the due diligence to be able to maintain those kickups with the carbon fiber chassis.
At least the electronics are standard 3 wire and the brushless system seems fine and 3S capable.
For kids I like the bumpers
Spare parts kit is a good idea.

Con's
Is the receiver built into the ESC? ...
Appears to show a front bumper but it doesn't look like it actually fits/works as its a touring car foam bumper!
No Slipper - hasn't been a problem on the WL toys
The top plate looks weak with that dropped section - doesn't appear to add much stiffness.
Old 06-19-2022, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

FYI
https://www.etsy.com/shop/EACEnginee...isting_details
EAC Engineering used to make a flat carbon fiber chassis and then 3D printed kick-ups to get the factory kickup back on both ends so the suspension geometry didn't change. He's taking a break right now but I don't think it was a popular solution - the carbon fiber top plate I have made a big difference.

For the 100 bucks I might bite as my LC racing car is mainly used at the track so a dedicated small scale basher might be worth it....my brother has the WL toys versions and he has been happy so an upgraded version at a lower price point (at least initially) should be good deal.

Pro's to me
This brand appears to have done the due diligence to be able to maintain those kickups with the carbon fiber chassis.
At least the electronics are standard 3 wire and the brushless system seems fine and 3S capable.
For kids I like the bumpers
Spare parts kit is a good idea.

Con's
Is the receiver built into the ESC? ...
Appears to show a front bumper but it doesn't look like it actually fits/works as its a touring car foam bumper!
No Slipper - hasn't been a problem on the WL toys
The top plate looks weak with that dropped section - doesn't appear to add much stiffness.
I have purchased a few things from Scott over the years.
It appears so as the brushed model uses the same radio.
Looks like someone goofed with the front bumper.
It doesn't the plastic on the WL Toys is super soft too so it just flexes. They way they have that designed it is literally just an esc tray. There are aftermarket carbon fiber ones though.
Old 06-24-2022, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Anyone think this is worth it for the $100 sale price ? I want to buy my son something to start off that is not so pricey but I also don't want to get him something that's junk .
Old 06-24-2022, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Not sure what the pitch is, but this looks pretty amazing to me.

angrymelon likes this.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Not sure what the pitch is, but this looks pretty amazing to me.

where did you find these images ? Do you have one ? I had thought the car had hex hardware but I see Phillips head screws
Also what type of battery connector are they using ? Ty

Last edited by Justpassedu; 06-24-2022 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-24-2022, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
where did you find these images ? Do you have one ? I had thought the car had hex hardware but I see Phillips head screws
I'm not sure what is going on there as the esc in the picture is a Hobbywing 16BL30.
angrymelon likes this.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am pretty sure RazorRC swapped the esc and radio in that picture.

looking at that pinion you can tell that car is made for speed runs!

Would want to hear from RazorRC if it’s worth it or not at the sale price. To me at the retail price it’s a easy pass.

if your looking to start your kid into RC I would say this could work - but I would think if the kids under 10 something larger like a 1/10 scale and slower might be a better fit. Got my kid a ARRMA voltage. Yeah pretty slow but more of a known brand, good parts support, quality electronics in the box, and only about $90 on sale a few times a year. I would make sure you can get spare parts for this - You don’t want your kids first RC experience to be a bad one.
RazorRC likes this.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

That's my picture. I swapped out the ESC/receiver for a HW/Futaba combo which makes it a way better car.

$100 is a great value, it's way better than whatever WLtoys junk at that price if you want a fast 1/14. At $200, somewhat questionable as you can get a "real" LC for $42 more with a slipper.

But for $100, I think a 1/10 like a Voltage is better as an overall RC because it's much more versatile than a 1/14 buggy.
Old 06-25-2022, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
Yes, this is mine. Philips head screws, Deans connector.
Old 06-26-2022, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

I am pretty sure RazorRC swapped the esc and radio in that picture.

looking at that pinion you can tell that car is made for speed runs!

Would want to hear from RazorRC if it’s worth it or not at the sale price. To me at the retail price it’s a easy pass.

if your looking to start your kid into RC I would say this could work - but I would think if the kids under 10 something larger like a 1/10 scale and slower might be a better fit. Got my kid a ARRMA voltage. Yeah pretty slow but more of a known brand, good parts support, quality electronics in the box, and only about $90 on sale a few times a year. I would make sure you can get spare parts for this - You don’t want your kids first RC experience to be a bad one.
In all honesty this may be more for me than my kid lol , but I tell the wife it’s for my son . I have had so many rc’s in my lifetime and honestly think a slash 2wd would be best to get him started with . I currently have a Traxxas Maxx and Tekno eb48 we use and he really wants the Maxx so I may possibly turn down the esc settings and let him at it. For $99 though I think this thing looks pretty fun and cool . Just don’t want to grab something that may break every run .
Old 06-26-2022, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RazorRC
But for $100, I think a 1/10 like a Voltage is better as an overall RC because it's much more versatile than a 1/14 buggy.
I agree, 1/14 buggy is not very versatile. It needs a prepared surface to get the most out of it. I picked up a 1/14 buggy to use it specifically for ripping out on the neighborhood street. It is great for that. However, I wonder how the CF on the Rlaarlo would hold up to constant chassis slap and abbrasion on asphault and concrete..also imagine shock towers would get smashed up pretty quick too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.