Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fitting a phatbodies Bonzai to a mini 8 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 07:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fitting a phatbodies Bonzai to a mini 8 buggy

I’m looking to get the Bonzai body by phat bodies and it says it works on the mini8 buggy (not truggy). It looks so cool but don’t see how it fits onto the buggy. I’m wondering if anybody has some pictures or has done it and can clear up the confusion.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

If you look through the Mini 8ight thread you'll find at least one.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Backyard RC
If you look through the Mini 8ight thread you'll find at least one.
That's kind of what I'm hoping for. I find a bunch of forum posts where they post the pictures of the car done and say "it's got that Bonzai body" but it's just an afterthought. I haven't been able to find somebody that goes into detail on how they were able to actually get it to fit. I'm sure when the body arrives I'll just figure it out, but I'm hoping somebody can give a little insight.

All the photos I see seem to suggest that the body sits lower on the chasis than the stock mini-8 shocks would allow it, so i'm imagining you're either filing something down or re-purposing a piece from another car.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mostlynotgay
That's kind of what I'm hoping for. I find a bunch of forum posts where they post the pictures of the car done and say "it's got that Bonzai body" but it's just an afterthought. I haven't been able to find somebody that goes into detail on how they were able to actually get it to fit. I'm sure when the body arrives I'll just figure it out, but I'm hoping somebody can give a little insight.

All the photos I see seem to suggest that the body sits lower on the chasis than the stock mini-8 shocks would allow it, so i'm imagining you're either filing something down or re-purposing a piece from another car.

Theres a thread here if you google the Banzai Mini 8ight that has a couple hints as to how you might do it. Someone used flattened TBR front and rear bumpers and body posts from the Losi rally car I think. It was also mentioned you might be able to use the LC Racing rally car posts. Something to look into anyway.