R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Micro and Mini Scales (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales-115/)
-   -   GLR 1/27 Scale RWD Pan Chassis (https://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/1011104-glr-1-27-scale-rwd-pan-chassis.html)

Mattdaddy1974 05-03-2019 04:21 PM

I have found my fastest car.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...3975894186.png

This was the first run with the car.
I have the GLA and thought it would be my fastest but this thing just gets around the track easier. I just ran 4.64 fast lap with the GLR and up until this point the best I’ve run with any of my cars was a 4.75. I just got the rear arm to get the GLA sorted and it’s installed. I’m like a kid in a candy store. I got my GLR and my GLA to drive. I had to steal the wheels from my MR03 for the GLR so I placed an order for enough tires to mount all the rims I have coming from GL Racing. Order from GL was made on the 24th and still waiting. Ordered tires from Amain and they’ll be here on Wednesday. I’m probably gonna be benching the MR03s while I sort out the bugs on these two. I am very pleased with these cars and they will only get better with tuning. Thanks to everyone for all the help. If anyone has a Mini96, check out the Mini96 world challenge. I will also have a KT432PT available if anyone is interested.

Generate.sparx 05-10-2019 09:30 PM

Vintage bug

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...5a49a49c63.jpg
got a lot to take care of before it hits the track for testing. But I do love how it’s going to look.

Mattdaddy1974 05-11-2019 08:22 PM

Where’d you get that body from?

LJH 05-12-2019 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Mattdaddy1974 (Post 15447876)
Where’d you get that body from?

Kenon has them in stock.

Cheers,
Jim

Generate.sparx 05-12-2019 08:25 AM

They have them both in a race thickness and a practice thickness. I like a more durable body so practice it is. They didn’t have a whole lot of info on the body, info so far if interested.
Golem bee 98mm perfect.
Included paint over film (expected)
Included window masks are really tight, well done. Headlight tail light stickers included.

I’m running 3+ offset in the rear and 2+ in the front in this photo. It could handle +3 in the front. But I totally dig the slammed tucked bug look. I should be done with paint today, I will post some detailed shots, still kicking around how I am going to mount it, either with the gl body mounts or 3D printing a custom mount. I really don’t favor body posts, but they are secure.

EMU 05-12-2019 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Generate.sparx (Post 15448071)
They have them both in a race thickness and a practice thickness. I like a more durable body so practice it is. They didn’t have a whole lot of info on the body, info so far if interested.
Golem bee 98mm perfect.
Included paint over film (expected)
Included window masks are really tight, well done. Headlight tail light stickers included.

I’m running 3+ offset in the rear and 2+ in the front in this photo. It could handle +3 in the front. But I totally dig the slammed tucked bug look. I should be done with paint today, I will post some detailed shots, still kicking around how I am going to mount it, either with the gl body mounts or 3D printing a custom mount. I really don’t favor body posts, but they are secure.

I wish they had lowered the roof line to give it a sportier look, more speedster like.

the scale is close to 1/24 rather than 1/28.

Generate.sparx 05-12-2019 12:07 PM

It’s def. More 1/24. And agree it’s a bit tall. I would love to see some different body’s in the age, Nissan skyline, Mini Cooper. Could be a interesting class.

tomthegeek 06-18-2019 11:25 AM

Does anybody know if the GL003-DMG GL servo that comes with the GLR is a digital servo? I'd like to enable SHR (High Response/Digital Servos) mode on my Sanwa but I read it can damage the servo if it's not digital. I'm kind of assuming it is but just want to double check.

Really I'd like a SSR (Super Response/SRG Servo) compatible servo but I haven't seen any small enough for the GLR.

EMU 06-18-2019 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by tomthegeek (Post 15467032)
Does anybody know if the GL003-DMG GL servo that comes with the GLR is a digital servo? I'd like to enable SHR (High Response/Digital Servos) mode on my Sanwa but I read it can damage the servo if it's not digital. I'm kind of assuming it is but just want to double check.

Really I'd like a SSR (Super Response/SRG Servo) compatible servo but I haven't seen any small enough for the GLR.

I have passed on the question for verification with my source at GL. Will update when I know for sure.

based on the item code, DMG, leads me to believe that it is Digital Metal Gear, however I would wait for confirmation.

Kremzeek 06-18-2019 06:51 PM

I've read that the GL003-DMG servo is the same as the Blue Arrow BA 8-2F MG which is digital.

Kremzeek 06-18-2019 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kremzeek (Post 15467228)
I've read that the GL003-DMG servo is the same as the Blue Arrow BA 8-2F MG which is digital.

BA CLASSIC

EMU 06-18-2019 07:27 PM

I have looked through many of the blue arrow servos, and this one did come to mind as the OEM for the GL, however I could not say that it was certainly the case. Google also does not point me to an alternate source for the BA model, so I could not purchase and compare directly. I was able to get a somewhat similar BA servo, but the dimensions didn't work for my project.

Kremzeek 06-18-2019 08:45 PM

You can get the servo from MC3. That's where I saw the info.

MC3 - Mini Car Club of Canada: Mini-Z and dNano Tracks in Toronto Canada

Dunno if I'd pay $35 for it unless that's Canadian pesos.

EMU 06-19-2019 01:56 AM

MC3 is priced in CAD.

CaseyDDR 09-09-2019 04:23 PM

Figured I'd throw this here, looking to trade my fully upgraded GLA v2.1 for a moderately equal GLR.

Any takers :)