Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xl 9000 7.4 ERevo

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default xl 9000 7.4 ERevo

Well here goes my rant.. I bought these packs for my ERevo well after my first cycle I went to balance and charge them and realized that one of the packs was getting a low voltage message on my charger GFX35.. So I first contacted MAx Amps and was told that because I didn't buy it direct I would have to send it back through hobby shop where I bought it..? Go figure I support my local hobby shop. Okay not a big deal so I return them to shop. Let him try to get a reading yes it had a bad cell. So he sent it back well it's been almost three weeks What's up MaxAmps ?? Are these batteries not available? How long should it take to replace? 300$ plus dollar paper weights? Not a Happy Customer
Old 04-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suckfish40
Well here goes my rant.. I bought these packs for my ERevo well after my first cycle I went to balance and charge them and realized that one of the packs was getting a low voltage message on my charger GFX35.. So I first contacted MAx Amps and was told that because I didn't buy it direct I would have to send it back through hobby shop where I bought it..? Go figure I support my local hobby shop. Okay not a big deal so I return them to shop. Let him try to get a reading yes it had a bad cell. So he sent it back well it's been almost three weeks What's up MaxAmps ?? Are these batteries not available? How long should it take to replace? 300$ plus dollar paper weights? Not a Happy Customer
Have you followed up with customer service @ Max Amps or the LHS?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 223 (100%+)

Yeah indeed, keep us posted. I would like to know how long it takes to make it right and what they say. Locally I have not heard great things about there packs but online they seem to be top performers.

Than you see things like this http://www.rctech.net/forum/maxamps-...d-maxamps.html and know that Max Amps is a great company and they will take care of you.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

This guy joined this forum just to post that single rant! What a waste of time.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

What's funny is in 3 years he has only posted one post! I have found max amps to be extremely helpful and just the other day got a thankyou card hand writen sent to me making sure I like the pack. Call them and ask what's up. Perhaps you LHS didn't post it of very quickly or sent it ground shipping.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vstrok
Have you followed up with customer service @ Max Amps or the LHS?
Yes I have with both.. Hobby shop was told one thing. When i contcted Maxamps I was told something entirely different.. ?
For those of you that want to slam me cuz i've only posted once here is I normally am on Hobbytalk.com and caraction forums..plus they dont flame people for stating the truth. Just to let you know Maxamps confirmed they had the battery and said it was fine, that was over a week ago and still no battery.. my intent was not to slam Maxamps but to try an get my battery replaced per there warranty.. Apparently Maxamps doesn't like to sell batteries thru your local hobby shop just directly thru there website.. so much for the little guy making a living.. As I was told by two different customer service reps.. Maybe it's because on the website they mark up there batteries 10 fold to help pay for there warranty.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Manatarms25
Yeah indeed, keep us posted. I would like to know how long it takes to make it right and what they say. Locally I have not heard great things about there packs but online they seem to be top performers.

Than you see things like this -thank-you-card-maxamps.html[/URL] and know that Max Amps is a great company and they will take care of you.
Just to let everyone know I'm not saying that I didn't like Maxamps but as a frequent RC customer to be out right lied too makes me upset with how they are handling a warranty issue because I went thru my local hobby shop is unacceptable to me.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vstrok
This guy joined this forum just to post that single rant! What a waste of time.
No i joined to keep up on the hobby not to post and be flamred.. Thanks for you
concern
Old 05-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

No i joined to keep up on the hobby not to post and be flamred.. Thanks for you
concern

LOL...ok...but still....you really aren't "keeping up on the hobby" if 4 of the 4 posts you have are just about MaxAmps. I am glad, though, that you went a little more into detail.

Also, a company may have a few reasons for not wanting to sell through distribution....and yes $$$ is one of the reasons. They may also want to deal direct in order to make sure there customers are serviced as best as possible. A lot of times, distribution will lack in that area...and I am not only talking in the R/C/hobby shop sense....but for anything. Unfortunately, your case is one of the few instances where I have heard bad feedback on MaxAmp's customer service. Myself, and a few friends, have dealt with them direct in the past and their service was excellent to say the least.

If I were you I would put another call in today and ask the blatant question "where are m batteries?" Do not get off the phone until you have some kind of answer. Something def does not sound right in your case...
Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks and I did have the Hobby Shop try them again.. waiting to hear the latest outcome from it..